AirTran e-mail stirs up Internet firestorm

jnTexas

Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
Reaction score
http://www.khou.com/news/local/AirTran-e-mail-stirs-up-Internet-firestorm-78474802.html

An e-mail sent out by Houstonian Tedd Petruna, who was on the flight, said that wasn’t the whole story. According to the e-mail, Petruna and other passengers believed they witnessed a dry run for a terrorist attack.
Petruna said he couldn’t talk on camera, but Chaplain Keith Robinson, who was also on the flight, did talk with us.

Interesting article.

not sure what I think of this one....

Unless this was a VERY small plane, how in the world would he know all of this? If he was in first class like he said, which is typically separated from the rest of the plane, there is no way he heard or saw what was going on in the back of the plane....If this is at all true, he sure did embellish a lot.

I'm so glad you started this thread! I got this email the other day and wasn't quite sure what to make of it, as in was it true? Was it just a new urban legend?

Off to read the article....

Okay, I'm back. Not sure what to believe on this. The man who wrote the email didn't want to be interviewed on camera yet wrote that email and HAD to have known that it would go viral, exactly as it did.

It's obvious from the text that this story is nonsense. It has several hallmarks of an urban legend, and the story itself makes no sense. He has all of these pointless details that he recalls yet he can't tell a coherent story. Sounds like a hoax composed by a bigot to me. What does "full attire" mean? They have uniforms based on your faith now?

Why would these people attract attention to themselves like this if they were planning a crime? There would have been a riot on the plane if half of this stuff happened.

I am surprised that the people he sent this to found it believable. It happens in CNN's backyard and everyone else involved covered it up? Yeah, right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back