CO - Custer Co., Partial female remains found, Nov'09 - Rebecca Magallanes

spamelope

Reaction score
Authorities continue to investigate the identity of a woman whose dismembered and headless body was found in a secluded area off CR 386 last week.

According to Custer County sheriff Fred Jobe, a passing motorist discovered the remains of the unknown woman late afternoon on Tuesday, Nov. 24 on public lands south of Wetmore known as South Hardscrabble.
According to preliminary autopsy findings, the body is that of a 190-200 pound, 5’3” to 5’6” white or Hispanic woman in her 30s or 40s. (snipped)

http://www.wetmountaintribune.com/home.asp?i=518&p=1

Colorado authorities are aware of missing Patricia Kimmi.

The physical description matches, but she went missing three years ago. The Wet Mountain Tribune article indicates that the body had been dumped recently (presumably not bones), so she would have had to have been held captive for three years and then murdered.

The investigation continues into the identity of a woman whose dismembered and headless body was recently found in a secluded area south of Wetmore on public lands off CR 386.

Custer County sheriff Fred Jobe says his office continues to get phone calls from law enforcement officials in surrounding counties regarding missing persons.

Also, said Jobe, family members of missing persons throughout the state are contacting the Custer County sheriff’s office.

However, said Jobe, the identity of the woman remains unknown.

http://www.wetmountaintribune.com/home.asp?i=519&p=1

Thanks for looking, future. I sure hope they get an ID on her soon. In one of the articles I read, it said she had dark hair. I'm not sure if that means her head was found nearby, or there was hair on her clothes. Someone went through great lengths to hinder identification. My guess is there are no hands for fingerprints, either.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21785081/detail.html
He said there are no tattoos or distinguishing marks on the portion of the woman's body that was found.
The woman is believed to have been white or Hispanic and was in her 30s or 40s. She weighed about 200 pounds and was 5 feet 3 inches to 5 feet 6 inches tal.
Custer County Coroner Art Nordyke said the body was found Nov. 24 by someone who stopped to use the bathroom by an old campground.

Not new news, but I didn't see the link. Forgive me if it's a repost.

Thanks for looking, future. I sure hope they get an ID on her soon. In one of the articles I read, it said she had dark hair. I'm not sure if that means her head was found nearby, or there was hair on her clothes. Someone went through great lengths to hinder identification. My guess is there are no hands for fingerprints, either.

Since they didn't find her head, my guess would be pubic hair. (not to be too gruesome....)

Future criminologist: My vote would be yes. Wetmore is very close to Colorado Springs and she matches the description. Plus whoever killed this Jane Doe didn't want her to be ID'ed which suggests to me it was not a stranger. It sounded like Maria's husband or boyfriend was suspected in her disappearance, so she matches in the circumstances, too. The only thing that is off is timing. But since we don't know exactly what happened to Maria, we don't know for sure that it is off.

Bumping for JD in CO. Have you heard anything from law enforcement, futurecriminologist?

I saw in the very first post that Colorado knew about Patricia Kimmi missing. Have they looked to see if this woman could be her. NE Kansas has been searched and dug on and she has not been found.

On April 20, 2010, this body was identified as Rebecca Magallanes who was last seen in Florence, Colorado on November 6, 2009, but who was not reported missing until December 2009. Her employer ultimately reported her missing after hearing of the body being found. Her boyfriend of five years did not report her missing. He was arrested this week for her murder. Hopefully, Rebecca will get justice. But she has now been identified. RIP, Rebecca.

On April 20, 2010, this body was identified as Rebecca Magallanes who was last seen in Florence, Colorado on November 6, 2009, but who was not reported missing until December 2009. Her employer ultimately reported her missing after hearing of the body being found. Her boyfriend of five years did not report her missing. He was arrested this week for her murder. Hopefully, Rebecca will get justice. But she has now been identified. RIP, Rebecca.

link with info.

http://www.chieftain.com/news/local/article_6a721fc4-4d2a-11df-9b0d-001cc4c03286.html

Future criminologist: My vote would be yes. Wetmore is very close to Colorado Springs and she matches the description. Plus whoever killed this Jane Doe didn't want her to be ID'ed which suggests to me it was not a stranger. It sounded like Maria's husband or boyfriend was suspected in her disappearance, so she matches in the circumstances, too. The only thing that is off is timing. But since we don't know exactly what happened to Maria, we don't know for sure that it is off.

I really think that this kind of posting, assuming that something is what it is not should be truly frowned upon. This person has been identified and she is truly loved! You will not hear everything gruesome that you may wish to hear because we (the family of Rebecca) are doing everything we can to insure that her murderer is put away in prison forever if they do not send him to the death chamber. Rebecca was a wonderful loving person. Happy and Carefree and would have never suspected that this would be how her life would end. Rebecca has 7 children who are having a hard enough of a time dealing with her death let alone people saying that the body that was found is someone else. Please do not push your opinions on others ... Lots of people read this post! Even family of Rebecca Magallanes. Regards and I do hope that this is the end of this being maria. It is not and you should be happy because at least you still have hope that you may find her. To even suggest something like this happen to anyone is sick!

DNA was confirmed that is Our Beloved Rebecca AKA Becky.

RIP Becky!!! We love you and we will always remember your kindness and your bright eyes.

Mr. & Mrs. Vincent Magallanes

Welcome to Websleuths BratyLilMe.
First I am so sorry regarding your loss. I'm glad Rebecca has her name back.

I must, as a moderator, first apologize that I did not edit the thread title. It had crossed my mind if Rebecca's family had read here the title does not reflect WS as the victim friendly forum we are. I will edit the thread title shortly.

I would also like to let you know 99.5% of the threads here in the identified forum where once part of our unidentified forum while they were john or jane does, hence the discussion on various matches to missing persons. When an unidentified person is identified, we update the flag to read identified and move it over here to the identified forum but leave the previous discussion regarding possible matches to missing persons. That discussion is done in hopes to find a match to notify both law enforcement as well as medical examiners across the country. The members who participate in the UID forum are truly among the best we have here at WS. I hope that helps you understand why the discussion on other possible matches to missing persons precedes news your precious Rebecca was identified.

I as well as other WS'rs will continue to pray for justice to whomever did this to Rebecca.
Prayers to yourself, your family and those who loved Rebecca.

Cubby

Heard on the news that the body is believed to be a woman, and she died a traumatic death. Cant seem to find an article stating that, it was on last nights 5 pm news channel 13 colorado springs. I dont know of any women missing from that area, but there are a few in the state. I will try to find more info!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back