1329 users online (295 members and 1034 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Similar abduction?

You may want to take a look at:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92440"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92440[/ame]
    and
    http://www.videotodaynews.com/?p=hailey

It is mentioned in the thread the alleged abductor and his truck seem similar to this case:

"This is a bit of a strange thought, but the truck description (with the exception of the dual rear wheels) plus the camo type ball cap worn by the POI match up very closely with the tips known so far in the Patricia Kimmi case!"

"Wow..that is scary...the hat does resemble the hat in the Patricia Kimmi case??"

"Officers have determined the truck to be MAROON, extended cab with running boards, and "4x4 on the rear side panels."
    Last edited by KivaSupporter; 12-06-2009 at 02:27 PM.

I enjoyed the pictures, especially the ones with Taylor in them. What a close knit bunch of cousins these children are!

Praying still for Pat's safe return.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMinds View Post
    I have been reading up on this thread and the other....I think the newspaper article was very good...really a good feeling for the wonderful people who miss their Ninny

I also try to think "logically" <grin>...and my thoughts go to the "gimme cap"...what has Saylor Insurance had to say?? Can they at least decide when this hat was made, when it was given away as a promotion..how many hats...who did they give them to??
    Seems that they should have those answers or be working on them

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family Rita

I hope the searches can give you some answers??
    Thank you for your prayers - much needed!

Saylor Insurance hasn't said anything publicly, but I know they have cooperated w/ LE regarding all of that information, or as much information as they have, anyway.
    Last edited by eyestowardHeaven; 12-06-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    Tony/Michele, Lonnie/Rita, Gene/Angie, David/Lori
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
    "When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge." Proverbs 14:32

Quote Originally Posted by cclearly View Post
    I enjoyed the pictures, especially the ones with Taylor in them. What a close knit bunch of cousins these children are!

Praying still for Pat's safe return.
    They are BEYOND close! So much so, they fight like brothers and sisters sometimes! It is one of the good memories I have from growing up - my brothers and I were all close w/ our cousins also and most of us are still that way. So, it's a true blessing that our kids are growing up that way too.
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
    "When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge." Proverbs 14:32

Quote Originally Posted by KivaSupporter View Post
    You may want to take a look at:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92440
    and
    http://www.videotodaynews.com/?p=hailey

It is mentioned in the thread the alleged abductor and his truck seem similar to this case:

"This is a bit of a strange thought, but the truck description (with the exception of the dual rear wheels) plus the camo type ball cap worn by the POI match up very closely with the tips known so far in the Patricia Kimmi case!"

"Wow..that is scary...the hat does resemble the hat in the Patricia Kimmi case??"

"Officers have determined the truck to be MAROON, extended cab with running boards, and "4x4 on the rear side panels."
    I wish that guy looked familiar, for Hailey's sake, and ours.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

front door/lights/other thoughts

Rita,
    iirc, you said the screen door was shut but the heavy front door was ajar/open. Also, could you clarify when her phone rang that night and wasn't answered?? Also, when you got there, what lights were on in the house? For example, was the kitchen light on? How about the light by her computer? Was a light on in her bedroom (ie, did she go in there to change clothes, etc?) Did she normally shut lights out if she left a room? I am just wondering all of these things because the lights left on could give you some thoughts as to how long she had been home before she was attacked/when she was interrupted in her routine.... (ie, if someone did sight her in town and follow her home I would think the attack would have taken place sometime soon after she arrived home). Did she have any bags from her shopping trip earlier that day that were sitting on the counter? Also, have tapes been pulled from stores she had been shopping in that day to see if the red truck showed up in any of them??? It is also a possibility that she was followed home from her shopping trip (where was she shopping/what town???)

Another thought.... as per the friends she was shopping with earlier that day... do they have any people connected to them (husband, boyfriend, etc) that could have taken out their angst on your mom? Just thinking out loud here... for example, a friend going thru a divorce or something of that sort... confides in your mom, and the person takes it out on your mom to get back at her friend in a personal way... again just trying to think of all possible angles. For some reason this could make one heck of a bunch of sense as a possibility. Especially if the perp knew that your mom already went thru a divorce and got the long end of the stick... perhaps the perp could have resented that/knew it could happen to him and it pissed him off to no end. Again, just a thought... and I have no way of knowing if that could even remotely be a possibility....

So far we have a wonderful, beautiful woman at the best time of her life... with a new home, her family, her donkey and doggie, all of her friends and church... Having a great time working.. A pilar of the community of Horton... and this happens to her! How could this happen? Who would do this???

1) her ex husband
    2) friend/lover of ex husband
    3) person one of her friends could have confided to her about (theory of mine)
    4) stranger
    5) person jealous of her (could actually fit 1-3 as well concurrently)

The only way a stranger did this... is if she was followed home from shopping/town.

If ex husband et al were involved it would involve planning, following/knowing her routine for that day, and massive alibi formation (does ex hubby HAVE an alibi? How about the other woman? If they have intricate, cover~all~the~bases alibis I personally would be very concerned!).

Ex hubby/spurned boyfriend/other person related to a friend could have followed them on their shopping trip and followed her home from the shopping trip that day. It would have been a person she would have known to open the door to... perhaps thinking she could "talk" to this person as in intermediary for her friend.... again.. this is just speculation on my part/thinking out loud.

This HAD to be someone that knew her in some way.. It has all the earmarks of a "rage" crime. If this were some serial killer or stranger they would have left her at home. This was someone who took her away for some reason. Why??? Why take her away? She had all of that land with far off neighbors? Why take her away? When I ask myself this I think back to the phrase that people don't ***** in their own sandbox. So Horton was the sandbox.. and he took her away from there to confront her/etc. Thinking along these lines would any of the possible people I listed above (minus stranger) have a hunting cabin, tree stand in the woods, etc that headed away from town in the direction that the truck headed? I would surely think that he/she had a destination in mind when they drove away from town that day... taking a very alive Pat that struggled and managed even get out of the truck as it drove off. There has to be yet another third crime scene in this case... at least. Where is it??????

So sorry for the long post... but the more we brainstorm... well if something makes sense or spurs a thought/possible connection... I hope it will be the thing that helps find Pat.

Come home soon Pat and know that we are here for your family no matter what!!!!!!!!

another thought:

did your mom have a handy man or anyone else that helped her around the place cutting the grass, feeding the animals, etc?

how about (horrid thought and possiblitly but again just thinking outside the box) any teens related to her friends that were in trouble/she was helping or mentoring?

Neighbors: any land disputes/boundary arguments? Anyone connected to neighbors like migrant/transient workers, anyone getting a roof, etc put on at the time?

Did she have an oil well on the property or anything else that could make her money on her land?

question.. in the picture of kinsey with her drawing in front of Pat's computer... (it says this in the caption) there is a pop can to the left of the picture. Is this the same pop can (in green cozy) that was left there that night?????

picture 15 in the article: who baled the hay on her property? (noticed a bale to the right of the picture)

picture 13 in the article: it looks like her 'mud shoes' were still up on the bench. Did she just wear these outside or would she put them on after she changed out of her going shopping clothes? (could point to how long she had been at home after getting back from shopping and the attack)

bumping up link to article and pictures (to the right of article) since I have been quoting it over and over

http://cjonline.com/news/state/2009-..._seeks_answers

search questions

I am able to come and help search for the next two weeks during the school day. Are there any organized searches going on? If so, please post the info here and I will be there!

NurseBeeme....you bring up a very interesting idea..
    that this might be connected to a friend (in need)

that reminds me of the Napa Valley Murders of 2 young women
    turned out that it was the husband of one of the best friend of one of them!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in892457.shtml

and there was a similar "feeling" case in Florida..where a guy killed his wife's "strong"
    and helpful best friend, an attorney
    he apparently felt that the best friend was one of the reasons she was divorcing him

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI80067/

so....any "estranged" husbands, boyfriends of a friend who might have a grudge?

also...a handyman....or a teen who helped her with the lawn/chores??

remember the case where the attorney's wife was killed by a neighbor teen out in California?? (the attorney was sometimes a commentator or expert on news/crime shows? I can't think of the name)

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMinds View Post
    NurseBeeme....you bring up a very interesting idea..
    that this might be connected to a friend (in need)

that reminds me of the Napa Valley Murders of 2 young women
    turned out that it was the husband of one of the best friend of one of them!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in892457.shtml

and there was a similar "feeling" case in Florida..where a guy killed his wife's "strong"
    and helpful best friend, an attorney
    he apparently felt that the best friend was one of the reasons she was divorcing him

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI80067/

so....any "estranged" husbands, boyfriends of a friend who might have a grudge?

also...a handyman....or a teen who helped her with the lawn/chores??

remember the case where the attorney's wife was killed by a neighbor teen out in California?? (the attorney was sometimes a commentator or expert on news/crime shows? I can't think of the name)
    I remember most of those cases! As I was brainstorming who could have known Pat and came to her house for any reason I was thinking along those same lines as a possibility.

Rita, is it possible that one of her friends could have been having "troubles" and confided in your mom to such an extent that she did not share it with anyone????? Has LE questioned all of the friends that she had and their relationships???? If not it certainly would beg looking into.. especially before TES gets there to do a search. If anyone connected to a friend has a cabin, tree stand, place in the woods, etc, it would be good to know the exact locations for searching. imhoo.

other places to check out... popular teen hangouts. places that people are known to secretly congregate/party.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast