Stealth jurors with plans of writing books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking ahead to the Casey Anthony capital murder trial, Orlando criminal lawyer and legal analyst Richard Hornsby reckons the legal process will be a "cash cow" that could be lucrative to future jurors, because "anything related to this case can have a lasting value."

Four or more jurors on Scott P.'s case wrote books. So we can guess some folks may lie to stay on the jury. O/T I bet Caylee loved Christmas mornings. Poor Caylee.:snooty:
http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True...009m12d4-Casey

Looking ahead to the Casey Anthony capital murder trial, Orlando criminal lawyer and legal analyst Richard Hornsby reckons the legal process will be a "cash cow" that could be lucrative to future jurors, because "anything related to this case can have a lasting value."

Four or more jurors on Scott P.'s case wrote books. So we can guess some folks may lie to stay on the jury. Poor Caylee.:snooty:
http://www.examiner.com/x-23328-True...009m12d4-Casey

Maybe, but I can honestly say that I won't purchase a single one. I will simply watch the movie!

I hope and pray we wind up with a solid jury with people that are only there to see justice served, I hope. I pray.

I'm thinking that just because they wrote books does not mean that made a lot of (or any) money. Not that some won't try.... but a juror writing a book is not going to make them rich.

I hope and pray we wind up with a solid jury with people that are only there to see justice served, I hope. I pray.

After several of the cases here, I have lost my IDEALISEM....:(
What I thought of humanity at large is now reserved to the deserving only.

Do I think it is possible for there to be people on the jury with a goal to write a book, I sure do.
Do I think it is possible for him to be blogging for that reason? I sure do.
Do I think he may be there as an observer if allowed? I sure do.
JMHO

I'm thinking that just because they wrote books does not mean that made a lot of (or any) money. Not that some won't try.... but a juror writing a book is not going to make them rich.

Also, I am not so convinced that the Juror typically planned (or even after the fact) to write the book. These types of things are going to have all sorts of influences including the media, publishers and, others. It is probably quite typical for the Juror to be influenced into writing a book and even have that book ghost written for them -- just to make the partnership some money.

There will be a LOT of pressures on the Casey Anthony Trial jury -- so for as many who want to be on, there may be as many or more who want off. Be careful what you wish for.

This will be a high stakes jury ..... lets just hope it is not a Runaway Jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998