1110 users online (178 members and 932 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - The Doctor

Who would you most trust in your child's life? Who do you think you would turn to first if you found that your child had been molested? Who would you turn to if you found that your child had been abusing drugs? Many would say their pediatrician, their doctor.

Here is a pediatrician who has been charged with sexually abusing children, and giving them drugs. And not only has he been charged, his twin brother (also a pediatrician) is charged also.

A Butler County pediatrician facing child abuse charges was arrested Friday evening on sex and drug charges.

Dr. R. Scott Blankenburg in court on March 6.

Dr. Scott Blankenburg was charged with three counts of unlawful sexual contact with a minor, bribery, complicity to obtain a dangerous drug and complicity to obtain heroin.
    http://www.wlwt.com/news/21869875/detail.html

How awful! AND both of them! I wonder if they chose their profession for this very reason. Remind me to ALWAYS go into the doctors office with my children even when they are older.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I've never NOT gone into the ped's office without my son. Now that he's 12, my husband takes him. He also has a female pediatrician (not that it makes much difference - but men tend to have a higher rate of being pedophiles). I just don't understand!

The only people I truly trust with my son = me and my husband. Period.

I feel so bad for the vics -- even the one in prison....how evil that these men cared only for their perversions & nothing for the patients they abused.

They will have a whole new life in prison - where their previous social status won't count so much.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I've never NOT gone into the ped's office without my son. Now that he's 12, my husband takes him. He also has a female pediatrician (not that it makes much difference - but men tend to have a higher rate of being pedophiles). I just don't understand!

The only people I truly trust with my son = me and my husband. Period.
    ITA! Mine are now 18 and 21. I've never thought of this. I went in mainly to just be with my children knowing it may be uncomfortable or scary for them.

This is just terrible. That's not even the right word for it. I just cannot imagine the terror that these kids went through! Put me on the Jury!

I never let my kids go in alone either. One time a female pediatrician had me step out to question my daughter because she had some irritation and its protocol. I had no problem with that. I questioned my daughter about what she did when I left though. YOu can never be too careful.

This case sheds some much needed light on what are known as "compliant" victims. These victims suffer just as much as and sometimes more than those who are coerced or forced. Poor guys. It's not enough for a pedophile to assault your body, he's gotta fool with your brain too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    How awful! AND both of them! I wonder if they chose their profession for this very reason. Remind me to ALWAYS go into the doctors office with my children even when they are older.
    I wonder how old the children they are accused of molesting are/were. There comes a point when your child may not want you in the doctor's office with them - though I am unsure when the point may be. With boys - probably around puberty.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

WTH? So, who can you trust your children with? Not a priest, not a teacher and now not a doctor. What really got me about this story is that the doctors that are charged are also twins !! Twin pediatric pedophiles......I give up. I seriously do not know what this world is coming to.

Ohio doctor sentenced to 21 years-plus in sex case

The Associated Press

HAMILTON, Ohio - An Ohio pediatrician convicted of sex crimes involving former patients, money laundering and drug charges has been sentenced to 21 to 27 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Mark Blankenburg, of Hamilton, was sentenced Friday.

A jury convicted him of gross sexual imposition, corruption of a minor and compelling prostitution. During his trial, four men testified the doctor molested or performed sex acts on them when they were teenagers.

A Butler County judge later convicted Blankenburg of drug trafficking and money laundering. Prosecutors say Blankenburg gave patients money and prescription drugs to keep them quiet about the molestation.

Blankenburg's twin brother, Scott, also is a pediatrician and is awaiting trial on similar allegations.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/a...insexcase.html
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Ohio doctor sentenced to 21 years-plus in sex case

The Associated Press

HAMILTON, Ohio - An Ohio pediatrician convicted of sex crimes involving former patients, money laundering and drug charges has been sentenced to 21 to 27 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Mark Blankenburg, of Hamilton, was sentenced Friday.

A jury convicted him of gross sexual imposition, corruption of a minor and compelling prostitution. During his trial, four men testified the doctor molested or performed sex acts on them when they were teenagers.

A Butler County judge later convicted Blankenburg of drug trafficking and money laundering. Prosecutors say Blankenburg gave patients money and prescription drugs to keep them quiet about the molestation.

Blankenburg's twin brother, Scott, also is a pediatrician and is awaiting trial on similar allegations.

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/a...insexcase.html
    Until the punishment fits the crime (i.e. 21 to 27 years for EACH sexual offense, with years tacked on for everything else also), there isn't a real incentive for someone to NOT commit these crimes. They get out early and are placed in a private cell for THEIR protection.

There also has to be a truth in sentancing stance, where EVERY day that is given, is served. No time off for "good behavior". Of course pedophiles are good in prison. TThere are no potential children victims there!

This doctor and his twin brother are disgusting excuses for human beings.

So he'll be 75 when he gets out? And what did we hear about the 100 year old who was getting out and rarin' to go? I would accept the sentence IF the brothers submitted to constant psychological testing and scrutiny. It would be a real bummer if some of the testing was a little uncomfortable.

But didn't they dedicate their lives to science, after all? This would let them make good on that oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    So he'll be 75 when he gets out? And what did we hear about the 100 year old who was getting out and rarin' to go? I would accept the sentence IF the brothers submitted to constant psychological testing and scrutiny. It would be a real bummer if some of the testing was a little uncomfortable.

But didn't they dedicate their lives to science, after all? This would let them make good on that oath.
    well they also took an oath not to hurt theyre patients.

Ohio Doctor Pleads To Sexual Conduct With Minor

Associated Press
    Published: January 14, 2010

HAMILTON, Ohio—An Ohio pediatrician has pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual conduct with a minor and six other charges and must serve 13 years in prison.

Fifty-four-year-old Scott Blankenburg also pleaded guilty Thursday to compelling prostitution, illegal use of a minor in a nudity-oriented material or performance, pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, complicity to obtain a dangerous drug and two counts of bribery.

He agreed to the 13-year term in a deal made with prosecutors in exchange for his pleas.

more here

http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/state...h_minor/29981/
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast