Was Haleigh sold? (and other trafficking theories)

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This was discussed at length one night in an old rumor thread. Because of information I've learned in recent months about human trafficking, this theory has moved to the top of my list. I've read the views of everyone here at WS for months. All of them seem plausible, yet all of them have holes here and there. As I've analyzed this theory, I can't find any holes. It could be that there is so little evidence that we know of, or it could be that I'm missing something. That is why I started the thread, to invite everyone to sleuth this with me.

Here is my theory:

Misty didn't like sharing the limelight with Haleigh in Ron's eyes. She went on a three day binge with her friends and heard from one of the druggies that were in and out of the party process that they could get rid of Haleigh for her - for some drugs. Misty was in a stupor from being up for days and partying and decided this wasn't a bad idea. While Ron was at work, the person(s) came and took Haleigh away. Then she waiting for Ron to get home and tell him her "story".

Ron isn't the sharpest tack in the box, but I think he has heard rumors that this is what happened to Haleigh. Because he said the same story to both Cobra and TM on two different occasions, I think that he might very well have married her to keep his enemy close. It is absurd to do that in my mind, but I get the feeling that Ron is a total control freak and thinks he can handle this better than LE and that is why he doesn't cooperate with them like I would. (911 tape) I also think Ron uses drugs because he wouldn't be living with Misty if he didn't condone using them. He may be a "recreational user", however.

So, here's my theory. Let's see if we can poke holes in it without taking things personally :) I am interested in everyone's feedback.

Hi Kimster....YOU came up here so you could add those tags didn't you...LOL
In reference to your theory.... If she was sold, Ron C sold her...No way would Misty be breathing IF he thought she sold his child....
Ron C speaks out of both sides of his mouth and has played two ends against the middle since day one of Haleigh's disappearance...IF you have any doubt as to that being the truth just watch some of his videos, especially the last two or three when he appeared on NG right before he obtained his divorce.......JMO

Hi Kimster....YOU came up here so you could add those tags didn't you...LOL
In reference to your theory.... If she was sold, Ron C sold her...No way would Misty be breathing IF he thought she sold his child....
Ron C speaks out of both sides of his mouth and has played two ends against the middle since day one of Haleigh's disappearance...IF you have any doubt as to that being the truth just watch some of his videos, especially the last two or three when he appeared on NG right before he obtained his divorce.......JMO

Ah...okay. I see what you mean. Misty probably wouldn't have made it out alive the first night if he thought she sold Haleigh.

I can't see Ron selling Haleigh, though. There just isn't anything I've seen that would lead me to believe he would harm her.

So.......perhaps someone Ron is afraid of came and took her for a drug deal gone bad while he was at work? Misty didn't tell him at the time of the 911 call and that is why he sounded the way he did on that call. I don't believe Misty had "just woke up" when Ron came home. I think she was sitting there trying to come up with something to tell him when he got home.

(Ssshhhh...don't let on to Chico about my tagaholism, k?)

Ah...okay. I see what you mean. Misty probably wouldn't have made it out alive the first night if he thought she sold Haleigh.

I can't see Ron selling Haleigh, though. There just isn't anything I've seen that would lead me to believe he would harm her.

So.......perhaps someone Ron is afraid of came and took her for a drug deal gone bad while he was at work? Misty didn't tell him at the time of the 911 call and that is why he sounded the way he did on that call. I don't believe Misty had "just woke up" when Ron came home. I think she was sitting there trying to come up with something to tell him when he got home.

I have never thought Ron sold her or that she was abducted...
I maintain my stance Ron C is responsible for whatever it is that happened to Haleigh. Do I believe he murdered his child? No, I do not, but I do believe she got caught up in an altercation between he and Misty or he and someone else...and she paid the ultimate price due to his out of control rageful behavior...
I believe he contacted his mother and his grandmother and they all made an extremely unwise decision to rally round and cover his rear since they knew he would most probably spend quite a few years behind bars and would most definitely lose custody of Jr...JMO

KImster, you also stated..."I don't believe Misty had "just woke up" when Ron came home. I think she was sitting there trying to come up with something to tell him when he got home."

The LVA revealed she didn't wake up at 3:00 something as she claims she did...
I highly suspect when it was revealed Tommy went by the MH that night and she wasn't home, she was with someone related to Ron C. If you remember, TN did everything within her power to attempt to prove Misty was just so tired since she and Ron had been up all night Sunday night talking that she didn't hear him...JMO

I don't think Haleigh was sold because it all happened after fighting, the fake pregnancy test, and another fight over the phone right before the disappearance. I think Misty was obsessed with something and gets revenge. There's also been so much talk about some of her friends being hookers, I can't help but wonder if her wild weekend had something to do with that and maybe someone connected to it came in and took Haleigh. The neighbor mentioned lots of vehicles coming and going that night, and that sort of thing can involve drugs and things that go on in the trade of drugs. Jr. said guys came to see Misty and the couch bounced. Maybe not sold, but something else going on related to revenge and something happened to Haleigh. Maybe Misty was terrified of being left homeless by Ron with no money that weekend and tried to get some quick cash.

What you are saying is interesting and I thank you for thinking this through!

When analyzing the trafficking theory, I've put TN aside as just saying whatever Ron puts in her head. To me, Ron controls TN as well. I'm saying that based on the body language when I've seen the two of them together on interviews.

Or maybe TN knows who took Haleigh and she is afraid of them also.

Has it been established that the people Misty was partying with just prior to Haleigh going missing were people she didn't know very well?

ETA: I should have quoted Emerlgem's last post as this is who I'm replying to here...

I don't think Haleigh was sold because it all happened after fighting, the fake pregnancy test, and another fight over the phone right before the disappearance. I think Misty was obsessed with something and gets revenge. There's also been so much talk about some of her friends being hookers, I can't help but wonder if her wild weekend had something to do with that and maybe someone connected to it came in and took Haleigh. The neighbor mentioned lots of vehicles coming and going that night, and that sort of thing can involve drugs and things that go on in the trade of drugs. Jr. said guys came to see Misty and the couch bounced. Maybe not sold, but something else going on related to revenge and something happened to Haleigh. Maybe Misty was terrified of being left homeless by Ron with no money that weekend and tried to get some quick cash.

Actually, that was my first theory...the theory that she was just plain taken. I guess I could go back and put "trafficking" in the thread title. Whether it was for drugs or just to get her out of the picture, this is where I'm going with the theory.

No Kim, I can't imagine Misty even having connections to sell Haleigh. I can see Misty or rc losing it, though, with temper/frustration.

IMO, I've often toyed with this one, Kimster.

Different version, though..

It has the hink of some sort of drug situation gone bad. Paybacks/Payola/Misty lives for a Haleigh trade/Retribution (for those thinking Ron's been an informant).

Options:

A) It might be due to Ron's drug involvement, not Misty's.
In such case, I thought they both knew what happened to Haleigh, and they were a cover-up team. This may still be true, and they separated because so many were "on to them".

B) It might be due to Misty's weekend activities, and the crowd she hung with over the weekend coming to collect. Regardless, she blamed it on Ron's drug involvement and an invented revenge story. In such case, perhaps Misty had unexpected and/or malicious/deadly visitors, she lost control, she lost Haleigh, and given what she knew about Ron's enemies and how he feared them, she conveniently made up a story that they Ron & TN believed for a time, (given Ron's checkered past).

I've felt that in the immediate aftermath, Ron acted like he did felt responsible, acted as if he had a good idea what had happened, and was posturing and threatening those that he believed took Haleigh. So, I was thinking either A) or B)

I wish he was forthcoming with LE, with regard to any suspicions he had immediately. And maybe he was...we really don't know, do we?

All that being said, since the kissy-face action outside GGMA's, the whirlwind DB tour, and then immediate no-fuss, no-fault divorce, I have found the need to mull alternate theories as well...

A simple, opportunistic abuction for trafficking purposes, is one of those alternate theories. I have wondered if Haleigh's Turner's syndrome would keep her relatively short-stature for a long time, and make her something of a rare commodity. In that case, and to that end, someone could have been planning this for quite some time.

JMHO.

I still cannot forget what Misty said " I wish THEY would have taken me"
I also think she had been awake before Ron came and was thinking up a story..

No Kim, I can't imagine Misty even having connections to sell Haleigh. I can see Misty or rc losing it, though, with temper/frustration.

People who are in a druggy lifestyle meet some pretty skeery characters at parties and such. I think she could have stumbled upon someone. Trafficking is a lot more prominent than we used to think.

Thank you all for your comments! They are very interesting to me! I hope more will weigh in...don't be shy just cuz I'm on the Mod Squad. I appreciate looking at all angles, just like a good detective. Pretend we are in the precinct brainstorming together on this one.

IMO, I've often toyed with this one, Kimster.

Different version, though..

It has the hink of some sort of drug situation gone bad. Paybacks/Payola/Misty lives for a Haleigh trade/Retribution (for those thinking Ron's been an informant).

Options:

A) It might be due to Ron's drug involvement, not Misty's.
In such case, I thought they both knew what happened to Haleigh, and they were a cover-up team. This may still be true, and they separated because so many were "on to them".

B) It might be due to Misty's weekend activities, and the crowd she hung with over the weekend coming to collect. Regardless, she blamed it on Ron's drug involvement and an invented revenge story. In such case, perhaps Misty had unexpected and/or malicious/deadly visitors, she lost control, she lost Haleigh, and given what she knew about Ron's enemies and how he feared them, she conveniently made up a story that they Ron & TN believed for a time, (given Ron's checkered past).

I've felt that in the immediate aftermath, Ron acted like he did felt responsible, acted as if he had a good idea what had happened, and was posturing and threatening those that he believed took Haleigh. So, I was thinking either A) or B)

I wish he was forthcoming with LE, with regard to any suspicions he had immediately. And maybe he was...we really don't know, do we?

All that being said, since the kissy-face action outside GGMA's, the whirlwind DB tour, and then immediate no-fuss, no-fault divorce, I have found the need to mull alternate theories as well...

A simple, opportunistic abuction for trafficking purposes, is one of those alternate theories. I have wondered if Haleigh's Turner's syndrome would keep her relatively short-stature for a long time, and make her something of a rare commodity. In that case, and to that end, someone could have been planning this for quite some time.

JMHO.

I have always leaned towards the part I bolded. If she didn't get caught between something involving Ron's temper and was hurt that way but really was taken, I think he always had an idea of who took her.
With the TS she not only would be short, she also would not develop breasts or have periods. As much as I hate to write this, if she was sold, it would make her perfect for pedophiles. She would always physically be a child. I try not to think about that, I'd rather her be dead than living in something like that. JMO

Kimster I think it's important to look at all POSSIBLE scenerios in this case AND unfortunately there are a few possible scenerios in this case that could all have likely happened considering the life/lifestyle of Ronald & Misty. IMO, Ronald OR Misty could very well have killed HaLeigh themselves - both are immature, both are ignorant about a child's cognitive development and the role it plays in a child's ability to meet a parent's behavioral expectations, and both appear to have drug issues and, as we all know, drugs alter one's behavior whether one is under the influence at any given time or going through withdrawals, voluntary or involuntarily. With that said, looking at the possibility of a trafficking scenerio, IMO, I do see how a connection could have occurred. NayNay's account of going to the house where their friend (term used loosely), the under-age gal (I believe her name was Lindsey - not Tommy's wife) who prostituted herself, could certainly have opened up the possibility, while they were there, of someone (another cohabitant of the home) expressing an interest in a younger girl. I'm not saying this is the case but, if I were LE, I would certainly want to rule it out. JMO -

Mc could have sold Haleigh.That is a possibility.But I personally feel MC went out to get drugs and or to go off with someone and put Haleigh in a very unsafe situation.I feel she possibily let the person in the house.I feel MC knows exactly what happened to Haleigh.Why hasn't she been arrested yet?I pray they find out what happened to Haleigh soon.She stays in my prayers.I will not forget about her.

ANYTHING is poosible when it comes to the POWER of Oxy-Crack-or Meth.

Look at other missing persons cases & hard drugs are usually involved.

When the case came out about Shaniya Davis being sold by her mom for drugs, the first thing that popped in my head was this case. It's so hard to think it's actually possible, but we see it does happen. I think it's very possible this is what happened to Haleigh. I'm not sure who would be the person responsible, though, as everyone in this case partakes in criminal behavior and drug use.

If jr. is to be believed a man took Haleigh out of the house and she didn't wake up.

If jr. is to be believed a man took Haleigh out of the house and she didn't wake up.

But what I wonder whisperer, is why didn't she wake up? Was she dead or just sleeping very soundly? The bouncing sofa makes me wonder if something just went horribly wrong (maybe getting caught in the middle of something or seeing something she shouldn't have) or what. Somebody knows, but it sure ain't me!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back