1213 users online (236 members and 977 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - David Lee Johnson convicted of raping nurse at hospital, 1998

I do not know where to put this. Please Mods, change if you need to place elsewhere.

I am searching for information on a killer who is incarcerated in Limon, CO at present.

His name is David Lee Johnson, DOB 1/11/1966. He was sentenced on September 23 of 1998, I believe.

I was told he had stalked and murdered a nurse? But I cannot find any information on the Web about him. I did find him in the Limon prison files, picture included was him.

Is there anyone who could get me specifics of case, or tell me where to look.

Thank you for helping

Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL

Welcome to WS!

Do you know where in Colorado his crime was committed? Do you know the name of his victim?

I don't know how to search for the information, except to use Google. I know there are others here that know how to find just about anything! Good luck!
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

From June 2006:

As staff members pore over case files to measure impacts, they have discovered discarded evidence in some of the city's most notorious cases, including some handled by Newsome himself.

One involves the so-called "Memorial Hospital rapist," David Lee Johnson, serving a 55-year sentence for the 1998 rape of a nurse in the facility's parking lot. While a cigarette containing his DNA was destroyed, the forensic traces had been separated from the butt, so the impact shouldn't be major, Newsome said.

"When his name showed up on the list, I can tell you there was a lot of concern," Newsome said. "Just one item was improperly disposed in the grand scheme and will not have a major effect. But it points to the dangers of the disposal that took place."