CO - David Lee Johnson convicted of raping nurse at hospital, 1998

meljean

Reaction score
I do not know where to put this. Please Mods, change if you need to place elsewhere.

I am searching for information on a killer who is incarcerated in Limon, CO at present.

His name is David Lee Johnson, DOB 1/11/1966. He was sentenced on September 23 of 1998, I believe.

I was told he had stalked and murdered a nurse? But I cannot find any information on the Web about him. I did find him in the Limon prison files, picture included was him.

Is there anyone who could get me specifics of case, or tell me where to look.

Thank you for helping

Welcome to WS!

Do you know where in Colorado his crime was committed? Do you know the name of his victim?

I don't know how to search for the information, except to use Google. I know there are others here that know how to find just about anything! Good luck!

From June 2006:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3923847

As staff members pore over case files to measure impacts, they have discovered discarded evidence in some of the city's most notorious cases, including some handled by Newsome himself.

One involves the so-called "Memorial Hospital rapist," David Lee Johnson, serving a 55-year sentence for the 1998 rape of a nurse in the facility's parking lot. While a cigarette containing his DNA was destroyed, the forensic traces had been separated from the butt, so the impact shouldn't be major, Newsome said.

"When his name showed up on the list, I can tell you there was a lot of concern," Newsome said. "Just one item was improperly disposed in the grand scheme and will not have a major effect. But it points to the dangers of the disposal that took place."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back