OK OK - Tony Day, 46, Jones, 3 Dec 2009

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
<snip>

JONES, Oklahoma -- A woman is hitting the streets in search of her husband who went missing just one day before a court hearing on child custody.

Tony Day, 46, never made it to work on Thursday and now people are joining the search for the missing Jones man.

"He's never missed work. He's never not called his family for more than a day," said Brenda Day, Tony's wife.

Police say Day was last seen Thursday morning and his truck was found abandoned near N.E. 63rd Street and Henney Road. His lunchbox was still inside the truck. The GPS on his work truck was what was able to locate the vehicle but there was no sign of the father of five.

Brenda Day called police Thursday evening after she said her husband never came home from work. She said this family man is not the kind of person who would walk away from so much.

"He wouldn't do that to a company truck first of all, and knowing he's going to get his daughter on Friday, he wouldn't have done that. He has a son in the military that Red Cross just sent home from Baghdad due to the situation," Brenda Day said.

Since then, police and volunteers have been on the search for the missing man. Family say Day is not the kind of person who would walk away. He was expected to appear in court Friday in a custody battle with an ex-girlfriend over his daughter. His wife Brenda Day said she's fearing the worse.

more here

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=11630658

ETA: found his employer

Investigators said they tracked his Kim-Ray truck with GPS and found it in the field that was not part of his regular route. They said they know the vehicle made a 4-minute stop at Harrah and Britton roads.

http://www.koco.com/news/21869383/detail.html

ETA: His pickup truck was found Thursday night near a filed in northeast Oklahoma City and a GPS tracking device indicates it was parked there about 6 a.m. Thursday.

http://www.enidnews.com/localnews/local_story_341094433.html

So sad :( Have they spoke to the ex-girlfriend yet? I'd start there..

So sad :( Have they spoke to the ex-girlfriend yet? I'd start there..

haven't found anything yet - except the search for him....it's always so scary when people involved in "bitter custody battles" go missing days before hearings.

here's an article I found about how 'deadly' custody disputes are:

http://www.laryholland.com/serendip...-is-a-Deadly-Business-Updated-11-20-2009.html

I wish I could remember the young man's name whose MIL hired a hitman from the hair salon...most cases it's the mom who is the victim - but I have seen where the dad is a vic.

I also wonder if Tony was overwhelmed by it all & is 'taking a break' -- tho it seems very risky since he'd likely lose his job.

Still sad & scary all the way around w/ him missing :(

http://www.koco.com/news/21869383/detail.html

*Snipped*
Investigators said they tracked his Kim-Ray truck with GPS and found it in the field that was not part of his regular route. They said they know the vehicle made a 4-minute stop at Harrah and Britton roads.

Brenda Day said her husband sent a text that said, "We need to talk." She said that when she sent a return text, his phone was turned off and he was not in the truck.

Isn't it strange that she knew his phone was turned off by sending a text? I don't recall ever seeing a phone reject a text because it is off. Also how would she know he wasn't in the truck at that time? I just find that strange.

Isn't it strange that she knew his phone was turned off by sending a text? I don't recall ever seeing a phone reject a text because it is off. Also how would she know he wasn't in the truck at that time? I just find that strange.

Perhaps she sent a text and after no response called and it rolled over?

Jones OK pop. 2800.
A small town.
Tony D leaves for work Thurs. morning, 11/3/9.
Later he texts his wife, we need to talk.
He does not return home from work.
His wife calls police to report him missing, evening of 11/3/9.

His company truck found by tracking gps, on 11/4/9, Fri. afternoon.
His lunch box and sunglasses in the truck.
There was a 4 minute stop at an intersection.
He had a court date 11/4/9 about a custody issue.
He was a responsible employee, husband, per reports.

questions:
what time did he leave for work?
what time was the text?
what time did the wife text back?

how far is it from his home to where the truck was stopped for 4 minutes
to where the truck was found?

where is his cell phone now?
did the ex girlfirend appear in court on Fri?

Another missing OK man!

Jones itself is a small town, but it sets at the northeastern edge of the Oklahoma City urban sprawl. Thus, for Oklahoma, this is a highly populous region, with attendant circumstances---crime, etc.

You can also add, according to his GPS he made a 4-minute stop at Harrah and Britton roads.

Picture of that intersection from google maps
britonharrah.jpg

and according to his GPS his truck was at it's found place, at 6am.

Jones itself is a small town, but it sets at the northeastern edge of the Oklahoma City urban sprawl. Thus, for Oklahoma, this is a highly populous region, with attendant circumstances---crime, etc.
--------------

Thanks. I did find that out when I looked for county child custody hearings. Jones is in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma City, OK.

You can also add, according to his GPS he made a 4-minute stop at Harrah and Britton roads.

Picture of that intersection from google maps
britonharrah.jpg

and according to his GPS his truck was at it's found place, at 6am.

==
Gee, they meant intersection.. 4 way intersection.. not a lot around there.
Would he have stopped to make a phone call?
Or did he plan to meet someone there?

Do you have how far it is from there to where the truck was found?

http://newsok.com/search-for-missing-jones-man-comes-up-empty/article/3423080
JONES &#8212; Police are asking the public to help find a Jones man who did not show up for work Thursday and has not been seen since.
A pickup belonging to Tony Day, 46, was found Thursday evening near a field in the 13800 block of NE 63, Jones police officer John Whitham said. His family, friends and a private search company used a GPS tracking device to locate the pickup, and the device indicated the truck parked there about 6 a.m. Thursday.
'snipped'

Okay, so, the truck was parked there at 6am on Thursday, per gps.
(bolded for my benefit.)
For some reason, I thought the truck was found Fri.

So, the thinking is he parked the truck himself, not long after he left for work?

I can't find the location of his truck. Do you have that?

I do know his work address. Can you pm me his home address and I'll map it all?

That intersection is 39 minutes from where his truck was found, going east. His home and work and where his truck were found all are in the west from this area. Would he have met someone out here and they planted his truck? Marriage problems?

The spot his truck was found is 6 minutes from his work. I think the intersection I found isn't the same one. There's a south Harrah road in Oklahoma city. I just can't find where it would intersect with Britton.

A - Possible intersection from GPS tracking Britton/Harrah
B - Location truck was found, updated
C - Possible location of work

intersectiontruckwork.jpg

Sorry got an updated address from the video of the wife speaking. This is a lot more accurate. The truck was actually not found around any landmarks as thought previously. ALSO the truck was 9 miles (18 minutes) from the intersection the GPS calculated that he stopped for 4 minutes. I'm only going by the news media so I hope this is better.

mayelf: Thanks so much for the google map.
So, it is about 20 miles away, a 38 minute drive.

Somehow I thought his truck was not near any buildings.
But with a museum, parking lots, Ramada Inn, there is a chance
that security cameras caught the pickup on video.

If this was a surprise attack, then why would he have texted his wife to say,
we need to talk.
Did he plan to leave?
Did he plan to talk with his ex girlfriend to work something out before court on Fri.?
Maybe the child in question was used to lure him to a 4 way intersection?

no new news tonite about Tony. :(

I hoped there'd be something for the late nite news - but I can't find any updated stories.

A - Possible intersection from GPS tracking Britton/Harrah
B - Location truck was found, updated
C - Possible location of work

intersectiontruckwork.jpg

Sorry got an updated address from the video of the wife speaking. This is a lot more accurate. The truck was actually not found around any landmarks as thought previously. ALSO the truck was 9 miles (18 minutes) from the intersection the GPS calculated that he stopped for 4 minutes. I'm only going by the news media so I hope this is better.

Sorry got it wrong so I updated it. I watched the news brief with the wife and it gave a more accurate location for the truck, which changed things a LOT. It was 18 minutes from the intersection they say he stopped at.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back