1183 users online (239 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MT - Darrel Dullum, 30, East Helena, Dec 2009

Darrel Dullum, 30, of East Helena, Montana has been missing since last Saturday morning. He left Eagles Bar at 2:00 a.m. He appeared to be intoxicated and did not get into his vehicle. He is 6' tall and weighs 160 lb. He was wearing gray jeans and shirt, a black jacket, white baseball cap and black boots. Mr. Dullum has a goatee. http://www.kulr8.com/news/state/78684697.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-07-2010 at 09:40 AM.

Helicopters were flying over the field behind the school (between East Lewis Street and Trerise) around 1:30 p.m. today but when I returned from Helena around 3:15 p.m. they were not there.

This would have been area searched if he had taken shortcut. If he hadn't take shortcut he would have gone up Valley Drive (which is Montana Street before the cemetery) to Trerise.

I don't know whether this means they found anything or not.
    Last edited by Noway; 12-07-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Darrel Dullum of East Helena reported missing since Saturday
    Posted: Dec 7, 2009 04:47 PM
    Updated: Dec 7, 2009 05:06 PM

Darrel Dullum

Lewis & Clark County authorities have called off a ground search for a missing East Helena man but continue to interview area residents for further leads. ...

He appeared intoxicated and never got into his vehicle; one witness reported that Dullum was with two men outside the bar before he disappeared.

Sheriff Leo Dutton says family members reported Dullum missing at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. After a search on Saturday, searchers spent nine hours looking on Sunday.

On Monday, a helicopter search checked the area near his house and all of East Helena.

Sheriff Dutton says his office will continue to interview residents and will check into leads of other possible locations.

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/G...asp?S=11637056

Last edited by Noway; 12-07-2009 at 08:19 PM.

Just want you to know that searching "all of East Helena" by air would not take long. From what I saw, there were 2 helicopters around the field area and when we came back at 3 ish my son thought he saw helicopter further east (toward Spokane Creek Road).

Population density: 2528 people per square mile (I think this includes residents outside the city limits too)
    Land area: 0.84 square miles.

http://www.city-data.com/city/East-Helena-Montana.html
    Last edited by Noway; 12-07-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Still no leads on missing E. Helena man

By ALANA LISTOE Independent Record | Posted: Monday, December 7, 2009 8:25 pm | (0) Comments

Officials continued the search for a 30-year-old East Helena man from a helicopter Monday afternoon, but were unable to locate him after a second straight day.

Darrel Dullum, the father of two young children, was last seen leaving the Eagles in East Helena around 2 a.m. Saturday.

Search and Rescue spent five hours on Sunday covering the area between the bar and his home on the 3200 block of Trerise Road, but by nightfall that search was suspended due to frigid temperatures and dark skies, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton said.

The search continued on Monday using a helicopter to scan the ground below in attempt to locate Dullum, but returned to the ground empty-handed.

“We ruled out a bunch of country,” Dutton said.

Officials wanted to fly some drainages with an overhead view, Dutton said. The helicopter also flew south of East Helena, up and down Valley Drive and covered the Prickly Pear Creek from Wiley Drive into East Helena, he added.

“Now we’ll just do more interviews until we have another place to look,” Dutton said.

More at http://www.helenair.com/news/local/a...cc4c002e0.html
    Last edited by Noway; 12-08-2009 at 11:59 AM.

Is this thread in the right place?

Missing Person Information and Support?

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Is this thread in the right place?

Missing Person Information and Support?
    Absolutely!

Hoppy
    mod
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

I'm worried that they have not found him on the likely route home or any of the "shortcut" routes (that wouldn't really be shorter at 2 a.m.ish).

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Absolutely!

Hoppy
    mod
    Thank you. I always thought missing person information and support was for people who had someone missing. Information for them.

My DUH moment for the morning.

Army-type helicopters (probably National Guard) flying over today but I'm not sure it was related to missing man; could just be NG drill.

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Thank you. I always thought missing person information and support was for people who had someone missing. Information for them.

My DUH moment for the morning.
    We post here any information about missing persons cases and give support to the families of the missing.

What we don't post here is an discussion of the cases, speculation, theories about what happened, etc. All that belongs in the discussion forum.

hth,

Hopp
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Darrell Dullum Still Missing

East Helena man still missing

By ALANA LISTOE Independent Record | Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:00 am | (1) Comments

Family members are hoping a reward will help bring forward information about the disappearance of 30-year-old Darrel Dullum of East Helena, who has been missing since early Saturday morning.

A $1,000 reward is being offered by the family to anyone who has information that would lead to Dullum’s safe return.

"As far as I’m concerned, (that means) returned in any condition,” Darrel’s father Jerry Dullum said.

Additionally, Lewis and Clark County Sheriff Leo Dutton listed the case on Crime Stoppers, where a reward is also being offered for legitimate information.

Jerry Dullum said officials can’t find any evidence of foul play or criminal action, but that doesn’t mean that’s not what happened.

“I’m thinking about going back to square one and starting from the bar,” he said. “All I can guess is he was rolled after hours and somebody took him out and dumped him somewhere.”

Dullum’s mom, Kathy Mason, now resides in Washington and was driving to town on Wednesday afternoon. “It’s time to be with family,” Mason said, “to discuss what can be done and help out wherever a person can.”
    Anyone with information is asked to call the Lewis and Clark County Sheriff’s Department at 447-8293, Crime Stoppers at 443-2000 or e-mail finddarrel@live.com.

Alana Listoe: 447-4081 or alana.listoe@helenair.com

http://www.helenair.com/news/article_11d4455e-e551-11de-aaa0-001cc4c002e0.html
    Last edited by Noway; 12-10-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Some new info:

http://www.helenair.com/news/article...cc4c002e0.html

Searchers find hat that may belong to missing East Helena man
    By ANGELA BRANDT Independent Record | Posted: Friday, December 11, 2009 11:40 am | (1) Comments

A hat that searchers believe belongs to 30-year-old Darrel Dullum, who has been missing since early Saturday morning, was found in East Helena Thursday afternoon.

Search and rescue crews are working the area surrounding where the hat was located near a residence on East Pacific Street. . .

. . .

At this time, crews are working the area between U.S. Highway 12 East and the Main Street Bridge, focusing on Prickly Pear Creek, he said.

. . .
    Apparently the hat was unique and was identified as Darrel's by his parents.

Pacific is in the opposite direction of his house.
    (To get to the street view on Pacific using Google, I had to actually put my guy on Clark.)

Google Map of Area

Screen shot
    Last edited by Noway; 12-12-2009 at 12:26 PM.

http://www.montanasnewsstation.com/G...asp?S=11637056

Hat of missing East Helena man found; reward offered

Posted: Dec 7, 2009 04:47 PM
    Updated: Dec 11, 2009 05:38 PM
    Darrel Dullum
    Also on the Web Connect With KRTV On Twitter and Facebook

Lewis & Clark County authorities believe the hat of a missing East Helena man was discovered on Thursday by an area resident.

Undersheriff Dave Rau says Darrel Dullum's family confirms it was Dullum's hat that was found.

The discovery prompted the ground search to resume in the East Helena area on Friday; divers and dogs from Search & Rescue were called in to check areas of Prickly Pear creek to see if Dullum could be under the ice.

Rau says the searchers didn't find anything that would lead them to believe that Dullum is in the creek.

The sheriff's office will continue patrols of the area and is waiting to get more tips on the case.

More at link.
    Last edited by Noway; 12-13-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast