Two-Year-Old Boy Trips on Hallucinogenic Mushrooms

That poor baby, could you imagine how scary that would be for such a small little guy? And why in the world did they include that photo with the article? I guess that's supposed to be a hippy baby? Apparently the website thought this was funny?

Wonder if the parents knew the friend had the mushrooms? I would think that may change the charges if so.

That poor baby, could you imagine how scary that would be for such a small little guy? And why in the world did they include that photo with the article? I guess that's supposed to be a hippy baby? Apparently the website thought this was funny?

My little girl is almost two, and right now one of her favorite things to do is watch The Wizard of Oz. Right before the Wicked Witch shows up in her cloud of green smoke, my daughter makes her way over to me, a safe haven when that scary witch pops up.

Imagine what this little boy went through. He must have been so frightened, and how could anyone help him until it wore off? And I agree, how is it funny to put a hippie baby on the page? If the child had injested crack, would they have put a different stereotype up?

I have to wonder if the little fella even KNEW his mind was altered? He was only two . . . remembering the little guy on laughing gas after a dental procedure filmed by his dad . . . HE knew his sensorium was altered, but then again he was six years old.

I am thinking a two year old wouldn't have enough of a psychological maturity to "know" he was high, or even that what he experienced was weird or normal. Saying this, I'm hoping this is true, so that the little guy was not traumatized.

The idiots leaving magic mushrooms around . . . good lord. I tried them once, nasty dried up thing, like eating a piece of tree bark, nasty taste and texture . . . how many babies (much less older kids) will willingly eat a mushroom anyway? I didn't eat enough to hallucinate, but I did have that sense of time going by way too slow.

Hope the little guy is watched better by his parents and has no long term effects :)

Where and how did friend even get the mushrooms anymore???
I hadn't heard of them since the late 60's.........

I have to wonder if the little fella even KNEW his mind was altered? He was only two . . . remembering the little guy on laughing gas after a dental procedure filmed by his dad . . . HE knew his sensorium was altered, but then again he was six years old.

I am thinking a two year old wouldn't have enough of a psychological maturity to "know" he was high, or even that what he experienced was weird or normal. Saying this, I'm hoping this is true, so that the little guy was not traumatized.

The idiots leaving magic mushrooms around . . . good lord. I tried them once, nasty dried up thing, like eating a piece of tree bark, nasty taste and texture . . . how many babies (much less older kids) will willingly eat a mushroom anyway? I didn't eat enough to hallucinate, but I did have that sense of time going by way too slow.

Hope the little guy is watched better by his parents and has no long term effects :)

You're right! They taste like what they grow in. Yuck. Hopefully that kept little guy from eating too much. Poor baby though.

I agree with you, Petey, that at his age, everything is a different sensation and he doesn't necessarily have the perception of knowing he is high or tripping. I too hope that he wasn't traumatized. Courtney Love has talked about her father giving her acid once at a very young age - 3-5 - and the sensations that produced per her recollections.

I loved mushrooms back in the day! I'm pretty sure a few wouldn't cause this young child any permanent harm, but it is still a scary story. 2 years olds will get into and eat anything!!!

Little kids are young and inexperienced, but they do like order, structure, and predictability. I think the mushrooms could potentially not only be very frightening, but also harmful later (bad dreams, memories, etc.). Who knows, though.

As for eating it, my kids have injested many disgusting things. One ate half a centipede; one ate mud (oh, yeah, that was the kid who ate the bug...); the latest kid, almost two, put a piece of dried up cat poop in her mouth once. Weird how they'll eat that gross stuff, but not, say, broccoli or turnip greens (those are the two veggies my toddler always snubs).

My baby is 22 months old, and if this happened to her, I do think she would be able to tell that what she's feeling isn't normal, and I think she would be very frightened as a result. Babies this age aren't totally oblivious to what's going on around them. My little girl tells me what she is feeling, whether she got an "ouchie" on her knee or has to poop. If she sees something scary like her big brother in a halloween mask or something spooky on tv, she comes running to me and buries her face until it's gone. I imagine taking a hallucinogen would be very frightening for a young child, even a 2 year old. Don't underestimate toddlers, they're a lot smarter than you think.

My baby is 22 months old, and if this happened to her, I do think she would be able to tell that what she's feeling isn't normal, and I think she would be very frightened as a result. Babies this age aren't totally oblivious to what's going on around them. My little girl tells me what she is feeling, whether she got an "ouchie" on her knee or has to poop. If she sees something scary like her big brother in a halloween mask or something spooky on tv, she comes running to me and buries her face until it's gone. I imagine taking a hallucinogen would be very frightening for a young child, even a 2 year old. Don't underestimate toddlers, they're a lot smarter than you think.

I'm thinking more "mental development" than intelligence. Toddlers are just beginning to put the pegs in the right holes, in terms of how objects and people behave, internal sensations being neutral, good or bad. No doubt some kids would have more maturity than others. Some adults can't stand the feeling of being high and some obviously prefer lol. I agree it could be very frightening, I was just hoping it WASN'T, for the little guy's sake :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back