568 users online (74 members and 494 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Alexander Sol Olive, 4, South Lake Tahoe, 9 November 1985

Roberson guilty of second-degree murder
    Verdict brings end to almost 20-year investigation

SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — After nearly three days of deliberating, a jury found Ulysses Roberson guilty of second-degree murder in the 1985 killing of his 4-year-old son, Alexander Olive, on Monday morning.

Seated at the defense table, Roberson did not immediately show any emotion after the court clerk read the verdict, but proclaimed his innocence after Judge Suzanne Kingsbury had given final thanks to jurors for serving on the case.

“I did not kill my son,” Roberson told the courtroom.

By finding Roberson guilty of second degree murder, the jury concluded Roberson killed Olive but did not do so in the “willful, deliberate, and premeditated” way that defines first degree murder.

A conviction of while first degree murder conviction carries a sentence of 25 years to life in state prison, while a second degree murder conviction carries a sentence of 15 years to life.
    More at:

(Couldn't find a thread on this missing child - only his profile, which IIRC is not supposed to be updated in this manner. If I missed his thread, please merge.)
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 12-08-2009 at 10:36 AM.