804 users online (169 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Pontiac: The odor, sealing off & processing the car #2

Anyone have the link handy to the LEO that processed the car? I distinctly remember going through it in detail because someone originally suggested that it indicated scratches INSIDE the trunk - which made my heart sink into my stomach. When I found the report it seemed to suggest the scratches were on the outside...but I do recall some paperwork w/ the report...and perhaps even another tow ticket from Johnston's Tow Yard to take it to the CSI Forensics bay.

I've visited enough broken links for one night trying to get orig 400 pg docs.
    Last edited by JBean; 12-08-2009 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    Anyone have the link handy to the LEO that processed the car? I distinctly remember going through it in detail because someone originally suggested that it indicated scratches INSIDE the trunk - which made my heart sink into my stomach. When I found the report it seemed to suggest the scratches were on the outside...but I do recall some paperwork w/ the report...and perhaps even another tow ticket from Johnston's Tow Yard to take it to the CSI Forensics bay.

It might be posted in this thread. we have plenty of conflicting info.

Quote Originally Posted by christee View Post
    GA's affidavit giving OCSO permission to search the Pontiac was at 9:30p 7/16

pg 41
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...1-2320%20f.pdf
    When I go to page 41, pdf or document, I see conversation with Rick P. I paged through the document and didn't see the affidavit. Do you have the PDF page # please?

TIA

Here's a link to the first 400 + page release, if you think it's in there:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/...ments-released

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Here's a link to the first 400 + page release, if you think it's in there:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/...ments-released
    Thanks, AZ. I found the post from 9/1/08 (geez) saying its on pg 294...off to look: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2596630&postcount=62"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searching Central Windy Park?[/ame]

ETA: It's in there. Still looking @ it. But I think the confusion came from the date of Beasley's affidavit. Looks like it is dated 7/17...perhaps because they worked so late on 7/16 processing the car. It does state explicitly that Beasley sealed the car...but seems kinda moot 'cause it reads like Beasley was there continuously from the time of arrival to the time it was towed.

The Pontiac was collected along w/ the computers per the report...which starts around handwritten page 292. Someone w/ faster download speed please take a look.

So...my apologies re: 7/17 vs. 7/16. At least it kinda makes sense now.
    Last edited by BondJamesBond; 12-08-2009 at 02:46 AM.

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

It looks like the car was inspected, at the forensics bay, 7/16 at 19:46 (7:46pm), on a verbal from Melich from George.

Page 2

On July 16, 2008 at approximately 1946 hours Detective Beasley arrived at theForensics Unit (garage area). Detective Beasley stated she Impounded the vehicle mentionedabove from 4937 Hopespring Dr.,

I asked Detective Beasley if I needed a search warrant to process the vehicle. Detective Beasleyproceeded to call Detective Yuri Melich. Detective Melich informed Detective Beasley that theowner consented to the search. Sgt. Allen from the Child Abuse Unit arrived at the Forensicsgarage.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

It looks like the car was inspected, at the forensics bay, 7/16 at 19:46 (7:46pm), on a verbal from Melich from George.

Page 2

On July 16, 2008 at approximately 1946 hours Detective Beasley arrived at theForensics Unit (garage area). Detective Beasley stated she Impounded the vehicle mentionedabove from 4937 Hopespring Dr.,

I asked Detective Beasley if I needed a search warrant to process the vehicle. Detective Beasleyproceeded to call Detective Yuri Melich. Detective Melich informed Detective Beasley that theowner consented to the search. Sgt. Allen from the Child Abuse Unit arrived at the Forensicsgarage.
    Thaks beanE i think that was posted earler. but what we need to know is when it was taped off. Once it was taped off no one could tamper with it so it doesn't matter when they inspected it at the forensics bay..excpet we know it had to be taped before 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Thaks beanE i think that was posted earler. but what we need to know is when it was taped off. Once it was taped off no one could tamper with it so it doesn't matter when they inspected it at the forensics bay..excpet we know it had to be taped before 19:46.
    Now, I have a legal question...because YM asked for the car to be sealed almost simultaneously with charging Casey is one thing dependent on the other?

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Ummmm... Bond asked for a link and I went and searched for one and provided the link to the document I thought Bond was looking for.

I included that other information about the verbal approval because of the posts about the 9:30 apparantly written affidavit.

I guess I'll shut up now.

When I go to page 41, pdf or document, I see conversation with Rick P. I paged through the document and didn't see the affidavit. Do you have the PDF page # please?

TIA
    Just saw your post...Sorry about that

ETA

pg 41 sure hope this is it-looks like Beane or BJB may already have it though!
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1080375/...eleased-part-1
    Last edited by christee; 12-08-2009 at 03:17 AM.

In The Forest With The Top Down

...Beasley stated following the car being towed and CSI stated it arriving <7:46PM. George's release of the car said 9:30PM IIRC. Perhaps just a lag in the paperwork, eh?

Car wasn't sealed until sometime 7/16PM then, JBean.

I just went through the info I info I researched and posted and linked today. It does appear to me to be accurate. All I can do is post it again FWIW.

Here's a recap of the research I did and the info and links I posted today.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf

pdf page 16

Once at our central operations center, and after I started received the above phone calls ... She was then placed under arrest.

As I was preparing my charging affidavit on Casey, I asked Detective Charity Beasley to go to 4937 Hopespring Drive to recover the defendant's car...

(Charging Affidavit date/time: 7/16 @ 16:33)

I called George Anthony and got his approval to take these items prior to sending Detective Beasley to the house. Once at the house, she placed evidence tape on the doors and trunk of the Anthony's white 1998 Pontiac Sunfire...

While on the phone with George for the above request, I asked if he would be able to show us where he had thrown the trash out. George said...

I instructed Investigator Awilda McBryde to meet with him and collect the trash bag, which she did.

Once the car arrived at our forensics bay, Sergeant John Allen and I met with CSI Gerardo Bloise to inspect the car

(Bloise's date/time: 7/16 7:42pm. see the doc JWG posted here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted")
    I dunno how you do it, BeanE.

Guess if someone wanted to plow into George's cell records (if date range allows...I don't recall) and see if the call from LE "prior to sending Detective Beasley" shows up there w/ a timestamp. Seems like the George cell records don't extend out that far

ETA: If McBryde was w/ George getting the trash bag...perhaps that explains why the time on his statement 9:30PM is kinda late. IOW...he signed the statement upon returning to the house w/ McBryde after giving a verbal to Yuri to take the car.

I think I've mucked things up enough for one night. I'm toast.
    Last edited by BondJamesBond; 12-08-2009 at 03:03 AM.

...Beasley stated following the car being towed and CSI stated it arriving <7:46PM. George's release of the car said 9:30PM IIRC. Perhaps just a lag in the paperwork, eh?

Car wasn't sealed until sometime 7/16PM then, JBean.
    I agree so it was left unsealed somewhere between:
    worst case=9:45 pm (911 call) to 7:45 pm (process time) 22 hours
    best case= 1:30 am (YM arrives)to 4:30 pm (earliest possible time)-15 hours

Either which way a long time.

Ummmm... Bond asked for a link and I went and searched for one and provided the link to the document I thought Bond was looking for.

I included that other information about the verbal approval because of the posts about the 9:30 apparantly written affidavit.

I guess I'll shut up now.

thanks for all your hard work BeanE. You are a research machine.

I think I might have been the one to throw a wrench into things and cause confusion. I promise I was trying to help!
    I knew the Doc I wanted to find but it took me forever to track it down-just didn't realize BeanE had already posted it!
    Thanks for not giving me a verbal "smack-down!".

In The Forest With The Top Down

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast