Pontiac: The odor, sealing off & processing the car #2

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
Anyone have the link handy to the LEO that processed the car? I distinctly remember going through it in detail because someone originally suggested that it indicated scratches INSIDE the trunk - which made my heart sink into my stomach. When I found the report it seemed to suggest the scratches were on the outside...but I do recall some paperwork w/ the report...and perhaps even another tow ticket from Johnston's Tow Yard to take it to the CSI Forensics bay.

I've visited enough broken links for one night trying to get orig 400 pg docs. :banghead:

Anyone have the link handy to the LEO that processed the car? I distinctly remember going through it in detail because someone originally suggested that it indicated scratches INSIDE the trunk - which made my heart sink into my stomach. When I found the report it seemed to suggest the scratches were on the outside...but I do recall some paperwork w/ the report...and perhaps even another tow ticket from Johnston's Tow Yard to take it to the CSI Forensics bay.

I've visited enough broken links for one night trying to get orig 400 pg docs. :banghead:
It might be posted in this thread. we have plenty of conflicting info.

Here's a link to the first 400 + page release, if you think it's in there:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/Casey-Anthony-first-set-of-documents-released

Here's a link to the first 400 + page release, if you think it's in there:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/Casey-Anthony-first-set-of-documents-released

Thanks, AZ. :blowkiss: I found the post from 9/1/08 (geez) saying its on pg 294...off to look: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2596630&postcount=62"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Searching Central Windy Park?[/ame]

ETA: It's in there. Still looking @ it. But I think the confusion came from the date of Beasley's affidavit. Looks like it is dated 7/17...perhaps because they worked so late on 7/16 processing the car. It does state explicitly that Beasley sealed the car...but seems kinda moot 'cause it reads like Beasley was there continuously from the time of arrival to the time it was towed.

The Pontiac was collected along w/ the computers per the report...which starts around handwritten page 292. Someone w/ faster download speed please take a look.

So...my apologies re: 7/17 vs. 7/16. At least it kinda makes sense now. :bang:

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

It looks like the car was inspected, at the forensics bay, 7/16 at 19:46 (7:46pm), on a verbal from Melich from George.

Page 2

On July 16, 2008 at approximately 1946 hours Detective Beasley arrived at theForensics Unit (garage area). Detective Beasley stated she Impounded the vehicle mentionedabove from 4937 Hopespring Dr.,

I asked Detective Beasley if I needed a search warrant to process the vehicle. Detective Beasleyproceeded to call Detective Yuri Melich. Detective Melich informed Detective Beasley that theowner consented to the search. Sgt. Allen from the Child Abuse Unit arrived at the Forensicsgarage.

http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530237.pdf

It looks like the car was inspected, at the forensics bay, 7/16 at 19:46 (7:46pm), on a verbal from Melich from George.

Page 2

On July 16, 2008 at approximately 1946 hours Detective Beasley arrived at theForensics Unit (garage area). Detective Beasley stated she Impounded the vehicle mentionedabove from 4937 Hopespring Dr.,

I asked Detective Beasley if I needed a search warrant to process the vehicle. Detective Beasleyproceeded to call Detective Yuri Melich. Detective Melich informed Detective Beasley that theowner consented to the search. Sgt. Allen from the Child Abuse Unit arrived at the Forensicsgarage.
Thaks beanE i think that was posted earler. but what we need to know is when it was taped off. Once it was taped off no one could tamper with it so it doesn't matter when they inspected it at the forensics bay..excpet we know it had to be taped before 19:46.

Thaks beanE i think that was posted earler. but what we need to know is when it was taped off. Once it was taped off no one could tamper with it so it doesn't matter when they inspected it at the forensics bay..excpet we know it had to be taped before 19:46.
Now, I have a legal question...because YM asked for the car to be sealed almost simultaneously with charging Casey is one thing dependent on the other?

Ummmm... Bond asked for a link and I went and searched for one and provided the link to the document I thought Bond was looking for.

I included that other information about the verbal approval because of the posts about the 9:30 apparantly written affidavit.

I guess I'll shut up now.

...Beasley stated following the car being towed and CSI stated it arriving <7:46PM. George's release of the car said 9:30PM IIRC. Perhaps just a lag in the paperwork, eh?

Car wasn't sealed until sometime 7/16PM then, JBean.

I just went through the info I info I researched and posted and linked today. It does appear to me to be accurate. All I can do is post it again FWIW.

Here's a recap of the research I did and the info and links I posted today.

http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf

pdf page 16

Once at our central operations center, and after I started received the above phone calls ... She was then placed under arrest.

As I was preparing my charging affidavit on Casey, I asked Detective Charity Beasley to go to 4937 Hopespring Drive to recover the defendant's car...

(Charging Affidavit date/time: 7/16 @ 16:33)

I called George Anthony and got his approval to take these items prior to sending Detective Beasley to the house. Once at the house, she placed evidence tape on the doors and trunk of the Anthony's white 1998 Pontiac Sunfire...

While on the phone with George for the above request, I asked if he would be able to show us where he had thrown the trash out. George said...

I instructed Investigator Awilda McBryde to meet with him and collect the trash bag, which she did.

Once the car arrived at our forensics bay, Sergeant John Allen and I met with CSI Gerardo Bloise to inspect the car

(Bloise's date/time: 7/16 7:42pm. see the doc JWG posted here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted")

I dunno how you do it, BeanE. :blowkiss:

Guess if someone wanted to plow into George's cell records (if date range allows...I don't recall) and see if the call from LE "prior to sending Detective Beasley" shows up there w/ a timestamp. Seems like the George cell records don't extend out that far :waitasec:

ETA: If McBryde was w/ George getting the trash bag...perhaps that explains why the time on his statement 9:30PM is kinda late. IOW...he signed the statement upon returning to the house w/ McBryde after giving a verbal to Yuri to take the car.

I think I've mucked things up enough for one night. I'm toast. :bang:

...Beasley stated following the car being towed and CSI stated it arriving <7:46PM. George's release of the car said 9:30PM IIRC. Perhaps just a lag in the paperwork, eh?

Car wasn't sealed until sometime 7/16PM then, JBean.
I agree so it was left unsealed somewhere between:
worst case=9:45 pm (911 call) to 7:45 pm (process time) 22 hours
best case= 1:30 am (YM arrives)to 4:30 pm (earliest possible time)-15 hours

Either which way a long time.

Ummmm... Bond asked for a link and I went and searched for one and provided the link to the document I thought Bond was looking for.

I included that other information about the verbal approval because of the posts about the 9:30 apparantly written affidavit.

I guess I'll shut up now.
:blowkiss:

thanks for all your hard work BeanE. You are a research machine.

I think I might have been the one to throw a wrench into things and cause confusion. I promise I was trying to help!:smile:
I knew the Doc I wanted to find but it took me forever to track it down-just didn't realize BeanE had already posted it!
Thanks for not giving me a verbal "smack-down!".:thumb:

I dunno how you do it, BeanE. :blowkiss:

Guess if someone wanted to plow into George's cell records (if date range allows...I don't recall) and see if the call from LE "prior to sending Detective Beasley" shows up there w/ a timestamp. Seems like the George cell records don't extend out that far :waitasec:

ETA: If McBryde was w/ George getting the trash bag...perhaps that explains why the time on his statement 9:30PM is kinda late. IOW...he signed the statement upon returning to the house w/ McBryde after giving a verbal to Yuri to take the car.

I think I've mucked things up enough for one night. I'm toast. :bang:

George's cell records show a single call incoming call from Yuri on the 16th of July, none occurring on the 17th:

154 07/16/08 11:54A (321)388-2396 INCOMING 2 P $0.00

So if this is the call, then Yuri was considering securing the car before he and John Allen took KC to Universal. :waitasec:

This is the updated timeline on the car with all the new credited information:

Vehicle timeline

July 15

*8:08 pm 1st 911 call Cindy takes Casey to Police Dept. but it is closed she calls another department
http://www.wftv.com/video/16989413/index.html

*8:44 pm 2nd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980843/index.html

*9:41 pm 3rd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html

quoting JBean

CA reports the smell to LE.
LE also arrives about this same time, before CA gets off the phone with dispatch.

* 9:50 pm George returns home and sees Cindy in the garage crying when he arrived

July 16

* 00:45AM Yuri was contacted

Quoting BeanE: ~Note: corrected time~

Yuri says at the bond hearing he arrived 3:30 - 3:45 am.

* 11:54am Yuri&#8217;s call to George according to JWG's post
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4536500&postcount=876"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame]

* 12:30PM Yuri sent for Casey to be picked up

BeanE&#8217;s info from Yuri&#8217;s write up:
* 4:33PM Casey arrested and while Yuri was writing up KC's charging affidavit he instructed &#8220;Detective Charity Beasley to go to 4937 Hopespring Drive to recover the defendant's car&#8221;...(seal/ tape the car).

"I called George Anthony and got his approval to take these items prior to sending Detective Beasley to the house. Once at the house, she placed evidence tape on the doors and trunk of the Anthony's white 1998 Pontiac Sunfire..."

Also from BeanE&#8217;s info:

I instructed Investigator Awilda McBryde to meet with him and collect the trash bag, which she did.

Once the car arrived at our forensics bay, Sergeant John Allen and I met with CSI Gerardo Bloise to inspect the car

* 7:46 pm from BeanE&#8217;s info

1946 hours Detective Beasley arrived at the Forensics Unit (garage area)

from JWG&#8217;s post [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4532032&postcount=791"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"[/ame]

* 7:46pm Bloise's CSI report indicates he began processing the car

Adding Bond's info:
1) LE Recovered the trash bag from tow yard dumpster ~9:30PM
2) LE Arrived @ G&C's ~9:45PM to secure the car (as indicated by George's statement, but, he says 9:30PM)
3) LE snapped the digital pic of the sideyard ~9:50PM

Note: #2 conflicts with other statement

Please feel free to make any corrections.

Thanks harmony.
It may not be exact but I think we can say with 100% certainty that the car was not sealed off after LE became aware of the decomp smell for anywhere from 15-22 hours.
Establishing a minimum was as important as anything.

Great teamwork!

1) LE Recovered the trash bag from tow yard dumpster ~9:30PM
2) LE Arrived @ G&C's ~9:45PM to secure the car (as indicated by George's statement, but, he says 9:30PM)
3) LE snapped the digital pic of the sideyard ~9:50PM

I never knew that pic was snapped of the side yard so quickly. Makes me wonder why LE was in a hurry to get it.

This is the updated timeline on the car with all the new credited information:

Vehicle timeline

July 15

*8:08 pm 1st 911 call Cindy takes Casey to Police Dept. but it is closed she calls another department
http://www.wftv.com/video/16989413/index.html

*8:44 pm 2nd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980843/index.html

*9:41 pm 3rd 911 call
http://www.wftv.com/video/16980866/index.html

quoting JBean

* 9:50 pm George returns home and sees Cindy in the garage crying when he arrived

July 16

* 00:45AM Yuri was contacted

Quoting JBean:

* 11:54am Yuri’s call to George according to JWG's post
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"

* 12:30PM Yuri sent for Casey to be picked up

BeanE’s info from Yuri’s write up:
* 4:33PM Casey arrested and while Yuri was writing up KC's charging affidavit he instructed “Detective Charity Beasley to go to 4937 Hopespring Drive to recover the defendant's car”...(seal/ tape the car).

Also from BeanE’s info:

* 7:46 pm from BeanE’s info

from JWG’s post Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Pontiac - "Revisted"

* 7:46pm Bloise's CSI report indicates he began processing the car

Adding Bond's info:

Note: #2 conflicts with other statement

Please feel free to make any corrections.

So if I am understanding this timeline correctly, then the white trash bag that I had thought was at the towyard in the dumpster for only a few hours, from 2pm to 10pm 8 hrs on the 15th, was actually in that dumpster from roughly 2pm on the 15th until somewhere between 7:30 abd 9:30 on the 16th, or roughly 30 hours?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back