NY - Lakisha Scriven, 30, shot execution-style on Bronx street, 7 Dec 2009

quiqui

Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/nyregion/08mother.html?bl

A mother was fatally shot in the Bronx on Monday morning while taking her two children to school. She was shot at close range and appeared to be the shooter's intended target.

Investigators are speaking with the father of the two young children, but the article indicates police have named no suspects.

I can't imagine how traumatizing this was for her daughters - ages 8 and 5. :(

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/nyregion/08mother.html?bl

A mother was fatally shot in the Bronx on Monday morning while taking her two children to school. She was shot at close range and appeared to be the shooter's intended target.

Investigators are speaking with the father of the two young children, but the article indicates police have named no suspects.

I can't imagine how traumatizing this was for her daughters - ages 8 and 5. :(

How devestating! Prayers for these 2 little girls.

How aweful. She was a mom and CPS worker.

Prayers for these little girls....I wish I could give them hugs.

<snip>

A Bronx woman taking her two young daughters to school was fatally shot yesterday morning as the girls shrieked, "Mommy, Mommy! I want my mommy!"

Laikisha Scriven, a 30-year-old said to have had an abusive relationship, was buckling her daughters, ages 8 and 5, into car seats in the back of her Ford Explorer when she was attacked by the gunman at 7:15 a.m., according to police sources.

She was taking them to school before reporting to her job as a supervisor of caseworkers at the city's Administration for Children's Services.

As Scriven was bent over the rear seat, the man approached from behind and yanked her from the SUV, which was parked outside her home on Furman Avenue.

While the girls watched, the man forced Scriven to the front of the SUV.

"He dragged her kicking and screaming from the van. She puts up a struggle, but he shoots her," a police source said.

Scriven was shot at least once in the head. The shooter fled.

Police believe the murder was likely connected to a personal relationship. Sources said there was a history of domestic violence.

Cops have described the shooter as a man of slim build and wearing an orange jacket.

A neighbor said she heard the children screaming, "Mommy, Mommy! I want my mommy!"

"I'll hear those kids' voices. Their voices will ring in my ear and in my head," said Marie Singh, 69, who lives across the street from Scriven's apartment building.

more here

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/girls_see_ma_slain_MN4X8KUlZcrN2opNWUt8mK

Those poor girls, omg I cannot imagine what they are feeling right now. My heart goes out to them and to the neighbor and other family as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back