1023 users online (223 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Jacqueline Reyes, 27, killed, baby injured in Jersey City attack, 8 Dec 2009

Ugh. I hope the father didn't do this, and if he didn't, I hope they catch whoever did fast.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...iscovered.html

A Jersey City man told police he discovered his wife stabbed to death and their baby stabbed multiple times this morning at the Paulus Hook Towers at 100 Montgomery St. in Jersey City.

According to the sources, the husband, who also works at the building, took one of the couple's children to school and when he returned home he made the grisly discovery.

The woman was beaten and stabbed multiple times, sources told Conte.

The baby -- estimated to be six to seven months old -- was stabbed twice in the stomach and was bleeding from the head.
    Welcome to the world Bridget!

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Oh I hope the baby makes it.
    [/I]

Just a gruesome murder, the poor husband. It looks as if he is not invovled since no charges were filed by LE.

Prayers after such a trauma the baby will survive.

Wondering if it was a random killing but it seems much to brutal. It seems like a personal attack.

Goz

Looks like security cameras are all over this building and they will be able to see the comings and goings of residents. However, hopefully the cameras were actually working. I just don't see a stranger coming into this home, no forced entry and having a motive to kill a baby. Maybe the mother but why the child? This was personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Just a gruesome murder, the poor husband. It looks as if he is not invovled since no charges were filed by LE.
    Prayers after such a trauma the baby will survive.

Wondering if it was a random killing but it seems much to brutal. It seems like a personal attack.

Goz
    bold by me - just because no charges were filed does not mean he is not invollved. They may need to investigate further.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    Looks like security cameras are all over this building and they will be able to see the comings and goings of residents. However, hopefully the cameras were actually working. I just don't see a stranger coming into this home, no forced entry and having a motive to kill a baby. Maybe the mother but why the child? This was personal.
    Unquestionably. Unless this was done by a lunatic experiencing a full psychic break, whoever did has a connection to this mother and child.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    bold by me - just because no charges were filed does not mean he is not invollved. They may need to investigate further.
    I agree totally. I always suspect the husband/father but did not want to be too jaded at this time. Since LE did not file charges yet, or make an arrest, I was giving him the benefit at this juncture.

I hope it wasn't him. Too many men killing their wives and babies.

Four firefighters who helped treat the baby had to be taken off duty because they were traumatized by the child's condition.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=7159904

Apparently, the baby is still critical.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Many prayers going out to this little angel.
    Happy New Years

Man who killed Jersey City mom stabbed baby over and over, police say

Prayers for little Ivan's recovery.

<snip>

Ivan Reyes Jr. is now listed in critical but stable condition after undergoing surgery, officials said.

"It's a very sad situation," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said, adding that no one has yet been charged in the murder of 27-year-old Jacqueline Reyes and the attack on her son in their apartment at the Paulus Hook Towers, 100 Montgomery St.

But the prosecutor said the investigation is very active.

"There is video that has been reviewed that raises an issue about an individual that is depicted and we are looking for him," DeFazio said this afternoon. "We are not saying this person in a suspect, it is a person we would like to speak to."

The man, he said, may have been in the building at the time of the attacks.

Investigators do not think the man lives in the building, he said.

The prosecutor declined to release a description of the man or provide the video but added: "It may come to that."

"We have spoken to the vast majority of people who are registered tenants in that building, and we have spoken to other people who are not tenants but have a connection to tenants in the building, but that part of the investigation is ongoing," DeFazio said. "We want to speak to anybody who has any connection to 100 Montgomery St."

The prosecutor would not provide details about the crime scene, nor would he say what neighboring residents may have heard during the attack.

more here

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...erer_stab.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Suspect arrested.
    http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jers...770.xml&coll=3
    A homeless man has been charged with killing a Jersey City woman in her Downtown apartment last week and stabbing her 9-month-old son repeatedly during an apparent robbery, officials said yesterday.
    Martey J. Williams, 41, whose last address was in Newark, was charged yesterday with last Tuesday's felony murder of Jacqueline Reyes, 27, who was stabbed numerous times on various parts of her body during a robbery in her home in Paulus Hook Towers at 100 Montgomery St., Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.
    and he's deemed a danger to himself and others.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ty_womans.html

A preliminary psychiatric evaluation has found the man charged with killing a Jersey City woman and stabbing her 9-month-old son during a robbery to be a danger to himself and others, officials said today.
    Last edited by Grace1984; 12-16-2009 at 09:42 PM.
    Welcome to the world Bridget!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace1984 View Post
    Suspect arrested.
    http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jers...770.xml&coll=3

and he's deemed a danger to himself and others.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ty_womans.html

A preliminary psychiatric evaluation has found the man charged with killing a Jersey City woman and stabbing her 9-month-old son during a robbery to be a danger to himself and others, officials said today.

Thank you for posting this. I was trying to find some info on this yesterday.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

NJ - Jacqueline Reyes, 27, killed, baby injured in Jersey City attack, 8 Dec 2009

A Jersey City courtroom erupted in chaos this morning at a sentencing hearing when a convicted killer smiled as the victim's husband tearfully showed the court scars left by stab wounds on his young son, who was critically injured in the fatal attack.

Ivan Reyes Sr., whose wife, Jacqueline Reyes, was stabbed to death in the Dec. 8, 2009 attack in their Paulus Hook Towers apartment, lunged at Martey J. Williams, who pleaded guilty last month. Ivan Reyes Jr., 9 months old at the time, was stabbed six times in the chest and abdomen by Williams.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...upts_in_c.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast