1440 users online (330 members and 1110 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Colo. cow mutilations baffle ranchers, cops

SAN LUIS Manuel Sanchez tucks his leathery hands into well-worn pockets and nods toward a cedar tree where, last month, he found his fourth mysteriously slaughtered calf in as many weeks.

"I have no idea what could do this. I wish I did," he says.

Four calves, all killed overnight. Their innards gone. Tongues sliced out. Udders carefully removed. Facial skin sliced and gone. Eyes cored away. Not a single track surrounding the carcasses, which were found in pastures locked behind two gates and a mile from any road. Not a drop of blood on the ground or even on the remaining skin.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13956752

This happened to my doctor's buffalo here in WY, too. Oddly, the snow underneath the beast wasn't melted. His opinion was that it was done with a laser. There was no blood in that case, either. Weird. I hope someone figures out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    SAN LUIS Manuel Sanchez tucks his leathery hands into well-worn pockets and nods toward a cedar tree where, last month, he found his fourth mysteriously slaughtered calf in as many weeks.

"I have no idea what could do this. I wish I did," he says.

Four calves, all killed overnight. Their innards gone. Tongues sliced out. Udders carefully removed. Facial skin sliced and gone. Eyes cored away. Not a single track surrounding the carcasses, which were found in pastures locked behind two gates and a mile from any road. Not a drop of blood on the ground or even on the remaining skin.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13956752

This happened to my doctor's buffalo here in WY, too. Oddly, the snow underneath the beast wasn't melted. His opinion was that it was done with a laser. There was no blood in that case, either. Weird. I hope someone figures out what's going on.
    creepy stuff!

Louis Theroux had a segment about these on his Weird Weekends programme. This clip is from Colo several years ago:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p41EQ_hVLcU&feature=PlayList&p=C50B03A75975C0C9&index=0&playnext=1[/ame]
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson

In Pennsylvania, but wishing she was some place else.
    Weird and gross.

Wow this is nuts. I hope they figure it out I am very curious.

stuff like this has been reported for years and they still haven't found out the cause. other than some that believe the UFO's are related....
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Wiki has a good article about this:[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation[/ame]

Poor calves.

So Cal Redlands, CA to be exact. We call it Inland Empire!
    This is when I would hide out every night, in a tree if I had to with numerous weapons to see who or what is doing this. Curiousity would get the best of me and I would have to figure it out on my own! Those poor calves!
    The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. ~Author Unknown

Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.

Why don't ranchers use trailcams?

Monsterquest had an episode in which they showed time elapsed photography of flies and such devouring animal carcasses. These critters made a deer practically disappear in less than 48 hours. The link that spamelope provided discusses this as a possible explanation. I buy it.

Maybe.........

Maybe that purple spiril light thing over Norway did it.