Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Hybrid View

UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Not much info.
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

Last seen at her home in West Valley City on Saturday and her family reported her missing on Monday morning.

Brown hair
    Blue eyes
    5'4" tall
    weighs about 130 lbs.

Tips, call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.
    Bring the Missing Home!!!
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

God watch over baby Gabriel Johnson
    Tips: gabrieljohnson.tips@gmail.com

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

A little more info here.
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13954018

Noting that this story states she was last seen on Sunday at 10 PM rather than Saturday.
    Initially Susan, her husband Joshua and their children were reported missing.
    Neither Susan nor Joshua was at work on Monday. But Joshua and the two children (4 yo, and 1 yo.) returned home on Tuesday.
    Investigators are interviewing Joshua Powell and plan to talk to the 4 yo. child.

My hinky meter's on overdrive. I hope this woman is found safe and soon. But I think many will agree where this case is likely going. (Sigh, it NEVER ends, does it?)

Praying for Susan.

eta: picture at link.
    Last edited by NewMommy09; 12-09-2009 at 11:09 AM.
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ley-woman.html

Hmmmm!!! A statewide ATL was issued for the family on Monday.
    Seems odd if she (they?) were last seen on Sunday night at 10 PM. LE must have had a reason to issue an ATL, I would think.
    This article says Susan's family reported her missing on Sunday night.

Neither Joshua nor Susan called in to work on Monday.

Information is all over the place on this case, I wish someone would get the story straight. But it looks like police have cause for concern.

Home address listed in this article, if anyone is interested in it for sleuthing purposes.
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

a little more info

<snip>

Susan Powell's family reported her missing on Sunday night, and neither she nor her husband went to work Monday, police said. They hadn't called their employers, either, to say they wouldn't be in to work.

McLachlan said officers have since located Josh Powell and the children, but they have yet to find Susan Powell. Josh Powell is being interviewed by detectives, the captain said, declining to say whether authorities suspect foul play.

"We're looking at it across the whole spectrum," he said. "Could it be that she has taken off on her own? It possibly could. Could it be something else? It possibly could. We just don't have enough to nail it down one way or another."

Susan Powell was last seen at her home, 6254 W. Sarah Circle. She is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...WVC-woman.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true

Interesting comment left this morning by someone claiming to know the family.
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NewMommy09 View Post
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true

Interesting comment left this morning by someone claiming to know the family.

I saw the comment that said the babysitter reported her missing on Monday-- and another article says the parents reported her missing Sunday nite.

Another case of having to read 10 articles & any/all comments to try to get some facts. ugh.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

this definitely does not sound kosher. so if im understanding this, they both abruptly missed work on monday but only the husband and children have surfaced since -- has his "reason" been given? who was the last to see her on sunday night? i hope not the husband, i dont see how they could both miss work and it not be related?? did the kids go to school on monday? i better go re-read the links, huh? lol

eta:
    ok, read the links again. still dont really follow this clearly. i think maybe there are different dates reported because they were reported missing more than once by different people??? one of the comments was interesting, said that she would never leave the kids, she didnt have mental issues but the husband does have mental issues. i really hate to say whats going on here without solid info...
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 12-09-2009 at 11:53 AM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    this definitely does not sound kosher. so if im understanding this, they both abruptly missed work on monday but only the husband and children have surfaced since -- has his "reason" been given? who was the last to see her on sunday night? i hope not the husband, i dont see how they could both miss work and it not be related?? did the kids go to school on monday? i better go re-read the links, huh? lol

eta:
    ok, read the links again. still dont really follow this clearly. i think maybe there are different dates reported because they were reported missing more than once by different people??? one of the comments was interesting, said that she would never leave the kids, she didnt have mental issues but the husband does have mental issues. i really hate to say whats going on here without solid info...
    Good point about the possible reason for the confusion on the date of the missing report.

Where was that comment you read about mental issues? Was that on the KSL story and it just wasn't posted yet when I read? Thanks.
    ETA: Nevermind, I found it. So there are two people commenting on KSL that claim to know the family and both seem to be pointing fingers at the husband.
    I'm guessing the police will be announcing his arrest soon, but I do hope they find this woman either way.
    There are SO many places/ways he could have disposed of her, especially since he/they were missing some time on Sunday and he didn't show up until Tuesday. He could have gone anywhere in the state of Utah, or into surrounding states in that time frame.

Being from Salt Lake, I can't help but think of all the surrounding desolate canyon and forest area's, abandoned mine shafts, natural caves, cliffside area's etc.
    Last edited by NewMommy09; 12-09-2009 at 12:51 PM.
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

A little more info here.
    http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13954018

Noting that this story states she was last seen on Sunday at 10 PM rather than Saturday.
    Initially Susan, her husband Joshua and their children were reported missing.
    Neither Susan nor Joshua was at work on Monday. But Joshua and the two children (4 yo, and 1 yo.) returned home on Tuesday.
    Investigators are interviewing Joshua Powell and plan to talk to the 4 yo. child.

My hinky meter's on overdrive. I hope this woman is found safe and soon. But I think many will agree where this case is likely going. (Sigh, it NEVER ends, does it?)

Praying for Susan.

eta: picture at link.

I hate to point at the husband right off the bat BUT.....what husband/father takes 2 and 4 year old kids camping in below zero weather??? What father takes 2 and 4 year old kids camping by himself in any weather??? Not many.

The mother's phone and purse were still in the home. The husband rolls in sometime Mon. He didn't bother to let his work know he wouldn't be there on Monday. The wife didn't call in either but that was because she is missing.

This story isn't adding up to me. Not in the least. They couldn't check the camp site because snow would have covered the site so it can't be proven that he was there. Does he have a camper or something? What fun would it have been to take to babies camping just to sit inside a camper so you can stay warm? Why wouldn't the wife have gone? Something wrong here. Probably same old story with different names in it and like someone else said...two little ones without a mama and dad.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:

Did they have a fight that got out of hand?

They have 2 children who were with them, it seems, but a 2 year old cannot communicate distress very good, can they? And a 4 year old can be manipulated easily by a parent.........

Looking at the photos of Susan, she is smiling and happy looking! I bet those two boys of hers were her life.......
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc...BdUQc3E_Q.cspx

Really not any new info here. But this one says her family reported her missing at 10 PM Sunday, rather than that she was last seen at that time.
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=66341

basically the same info, but when they say the father and children returned home, from where did they return from?? were they all somewhere together? how can the husband not have some sort of idea where she went or was left...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post

basically the same info, but when they say the father and children returned home, from where did they return from?? were they all somewhere together? how can the husband not have some sort of idea where she went or was left...
    ==
    I am sorry, did not see your post. Or maybe I had wandered off
    checking online.
    We had the same conclusion though. lol.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    ==
    I am sorry, did not see your post. Or maybe I had wandered off
    checking online.
    We had the same conclusion though. lol.

no biggie, its good to see that were trying to figure this one out. its getting some coverage, too bad its all the same confusing bit of info, lol! this does not look good for susan :/

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

Nothing new to add, except their children are 4 yrs old and 1 yr old.

If they were all missing, then where is Susan? I wonder what the husband
    is telling police.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

I didn't see that R.Knowley had already started a thread on this in Missing Info & Support when I made this thread. MODS - If the threads need to be merged, please do so. Thanks and sorry for missing the other thread.
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

I didn't see that R.Knowley had already started a thread on this in Missing Info & Support when I made this thread. MODS - If the threads need to be merged, please do so. Thanks and sorry for missing the other thread.

No worries new Mommy - the other thread is for support of the families.

It's OK to have a thread here to discuss the case indepth. ((hugs))
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

– It’s been three days and there is still no sign of Susan Powell.

The married mother of two disappeared Sunday night and police remain puzzled over her disappearance.

“We don’t even know if a crime has been committed,” said Captain T. McLachlan of the West Valley police department.

But her close friends fear the worse.

"We just know something bad has happened because she would never leave her children,” said Kiirsi Hellewell.

Hellewell said she last saw Powell Sunday walking home from church.

The next day she was gone...

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top..._qSEhv08w.cspx
    Princess Blue
    Located September 10, 1990 in Manvel, Texas

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
    Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
    Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Earthbound Misfit I For This Useful Post:

Few details on missing W.V. mom — just anxiety

Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, said the family hasn't heard from his daughter since Saturday, when she was in touch with her sisters. The third of four girls, Susan Powell sounded fine in those phone calls, Cox said. She was looking forward to Christmas.

Cox, who lives in Washington state, said he spoke with Josh Powell about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday. He said his son-in-law "was a little upset" as he informed Cox that his wife was missing. Cox said Josh Powell told him he had last seen his wife around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.

The Powells were married in April 2001. When the pair moved to Salt Lake City about five years ago, she earned a stockbroker's license and landed a job at Fidelity Investments, Cox said. When she failed to show up for work Monday at Wells Fargo Financial, there was further cause for concern.

Melanie Kloepfel knew the couple when they were first married in Washington. She said they were a "fun, active" pair and that Susan Powell was "vibrant" and "always willing to share." She said her contact with the couple was reduced mostly to Facebook after they moved, but said Susan Powell appeared to focus on family, faith and gardening.
    Story continues below

West Valley police are continuing to interview Josh Powell as well as Susan Powell's parents in Washington, said McLachlan. A phone call to the Powell house was not returned.

more here

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...iety.html?pg=2
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

He suddenly decides to take the tiny kids camping overnight in winter, in Utah, when he has to be at work the next day? Unless he went way down south, most of our campgrounds are closed at this time of year. I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone with him.

(snip)

Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
    Neighbors say that's when Josh took their two boys, who are 2 and 4 years old, sledding. They say a friend saw Josh back at the home at 8:30 p.m. Cox says Josh reportedly took the kids camping overnight Sunday night, but police have not confirmed his whereabouts.

39. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    He suddenly decides to take the tiny kids camping overnight in winter, in Utah, when he has to be at work the next day? Unless he went way down south, most of our campgrounds are closed at this time of year. I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone with him.

(snip)

Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
    Neighbors say that's when Josh took their two boys, who are 2 and 4 years old, sledding. They say a friend saw Josh back at the home at 8:30 p.m. Cox says Josh reportedly took the kids camping overnight Sunday night, but police have not confirmed his whereabouts.
    Oh, yes, that's believable. She gets sick, so he takes the children sledding and then at 8:30 p.m. (and their bedtimes would be what, 7:00 pm at the latest, maybe?) he decides on the spur of the moment to take the kids camping, and misses work the next day. Oh yeah, sure.

The only silver lining I see here is that this guy sounds so dumb that hopefully the case will be quickly solved. I hope so for the sake of her family and children. How sad.

Quote Originally Posted by nadjatheresa View Post
    Oh, yes, that's believable. She gets sick, so he takes the children sledding and then at 8:30 p.m. (and their bedtimes would be what, 7:00 pm at the latest, maybe?) he decides on the spur of the moment to take the kids camping, and misses work the next day. Oh yeah, sure.

The only silver lining I see here is that this guy sounds so dumb that hopefully the case will be quickly solved. I hope so for the sake of her family and children. How sad.

yeppers, im in agreement! and she misses work as well and is nowhere to be found?? sounds like he was out disposing of something/somebody...jeeze, i hope im wrong but i think we all know where this is going...one positive is that the kids are accounted for, now lets just hope susan shows up safely...pray, pray & pray some more!
    Last edited by nervous_nellie; 12-10-2009 at 12:09 PM. Reason: punctuation

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nervous_nellie For This Useful Post:

I suspect the evening went something like this:

* Josh poisoned or drugged Susan, probably while the friend was there. I believe that the friend was invited so that Josh would have a witness to whatever scenerio he had planned, so that he would appear to be blameless.

* Josh left with the kids so that they would not witness whatever was happening to Susan. Was she unconsious and dying, or writhing in pain, puking in the bathroom, or asking for help?

* Josh returns with the kids at 8:30, figuring he has allowed enough time elapse for Susan to finish dying. He cleans things up, packages her body for transport, and leaves again with the kids, (who may now be sleeping in their carseats), to dispose of the body. Did he drug them so that they would sleep soundly while he got rid of Susan? I think so, but as stupid as Josh sounds, he may have just figured the children would not realize what he was doing if they woke while he was dumping the body.

This is just my idea of what probably happened. I am not claiming any of it to be fact, just speculation!

Depending upon how much time Josh spent interacting with his children on a daily basis, he may not have realized how aware and communicative kids can be at ages two and four. At that age, my girls noticed everything and talked about everything to anyone who would listen! Whenever I misplaced something, one of them would always show me where it was, reminded me of every comment I made, no matter how innocuous, and reported every detail to their Dad when he came home!

I hope those children get some grandma/grandpa time with Susan's family real soon, so they can tell what they know ASAP!

Susan

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

(snip)

bbm... interesting... and he told his fatherinlaw that he last saw her at 1230 pm that day!

arrest him already!
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 12-10-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    This bee my opinion

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

(snip)

This is pure speculation on my part, but that Susan wasn't feeling well and went to lie down aroud 5pm makes me suspicious that Susan was poisoned by her husband with something he put in her dinner. Then he went back later to take her and dispose of her. If that is the case I hope she was gone before he disposed of her, and I pray that she never knew what was happening. This sounds to me like a case of premeditated first degree murder. JMHO

47. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kateyes For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast