UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little more info here.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13954018

Noting that this story states she was last seen on Sunday at 10 PM rather than Saturday.
Initially Susan, her husband Joshua and their children were reported missing.
Neither Susan nor Joshua was at work on Monday. But Joshua and the two children (4 yo, and 1 yo.) returned home on Tuesday.
Investigators are interviewing Joshua Powell and plan to talk to the 4 yo. child.

My hinky meter's on overdrive. I hope this woman is found safe and soon. But I think many will agree where this case is likely going. (Sigh, it NEVER ends, does it?)

Praying for Susan.

eta: picture at link.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350126/Police-seek-missing-West-Valley-woman.html

Hmmmm!!! A statewide ATL was issued for the family on Monday.
Seems odd if she (they?) were last seen on Sunday night at 10 PM. LE must have had a reason to issue an ATL, I would think.
This article says Susan's family reported her missing on Sunday night.

Neither Joshua nor Susan called in to work on Monday.

Information is all over the place on this case, I wish someone would get the story straight. But it looks like police have cause for concern.

Home address listed in this article, if anyone is interested in it for sleuthing purposes.

<snip>

Susan Powell's family reported her missing on Sunday night, and neither she nor her husband went to work Monday, police said. They hadn't called their employers, either, to say they wouldn't be in to work.

McLachlan said officers have since located Josh Powell and the children, but they have yet to find Susan Powell. Josh Powell is being interviewed by detectives, the captain said, declining to say whether authorities suspect foul play.

"We're looking at it across the whole spectrum," he said. "Could it be that she has taken off on her own? It possibly could. Could it be something else? It possibly could. We just don't have enough to nail it down one way or another."

Susan Powell was last seen at her home, 6254 W. Sarah Circle. She is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350126/Police-seek-missing-WVC-woman.html

this definitely does not sound kosher. so if im understanding this, they both abruptly missed work on monday but only the husband and children have surfaced since -- has his "reason" been given? who was the last to see her on sunday night? i hope not the husband, i dont see how they could both miss work and it not be related?? did the kids go to school on monday? i better go re-read the links, huh? lol

eta:
ok, read the links again. still dont really follow this clearly. i think maybe there are different dates reported because they were reported missing more than once by different people??? one of the comments was interesting, said that she would never leave the kids, she didnt have mental issues but the husband does have mental issues. i really hate to say whats going on here without solid info...

==
I am sorry, did not see your post. Or maybe I had wandered off
checking online.
We had the same conclusion though. lol.

no biggie, its good to see that were trying to figure this one out. its getting some coverage, too bad its all the same confusing bit of info, lol! this does not look good for susan :/

I didn't see that R.Knowley had already started a thread on this in Missing Info & Support when I made this thread. MODS - If the threads need to be merged, please do so. Thanks and sorry for missing the other thread.

this definitely does not sound kosher. so if im understanding this, they both abruptly missed work on monday but only the husband and children have surfaced since -- has his "reason" been given? who was the last to see her on sunday night? i hope not the husband, i dont see how they could both miss work and it not be related?? did the kids go to school on monday? i better go re-read the links, huh? lol

eta:
ok, read the links again. still dont really follow this clearly. i think maybe there are different dates reported because they were reported missing more than once by different people??? one of the comments was interesting, said that she would never leave the kids, she didnt have mental issues but the husband does have mental issues. i really hate to say whats going on here without solid info...

Good point about the possible reason for the confusion on the date of the missing report.

Where was that comment you read about mental issues? Was that on the KSL story and it just wasn't posted yet when I read? Thanks.
ETA: Nevermind, I found it. So there are two people commenting on KSL that claim to know the family and both seem to be pointing fingers at the husband.
I'm guessing the police will be announcing his arrest soon, but I do hope they find this woman either way.
There are SO many places/ways he could have disposed of her, especially since he/they were missing some time on Sunday and he didn't show up until Tuesday. He could have gone anywhere in the state of Utah, or into surrounding states in that time frame.

Being from Salt Lake, I can't help but think of all the surrounding desolate canyon and forest area's, abandoned mine shafts, natural caves, cliffside area's etc.

I didn't see that R.Knowley had already started a thread on this in Missing Info & Support when I made this thread. MODS - If the threads need to be merged, please do so. Thanks and sorry for missing the other thread.

No worries new Mommy - the other thread is for support of the families.

It's OK to have a thread here to discuss the case indepth. ((hugs))

– It’s been three days and there is still no sign of Susan Powell.

The married mother of two disappeared Sunday night and police remain puzzled over her disappearance.

“We don’t even know if a crime has been committed,” said Captain T. McLachlan of the West Valley police department.

But her close friends fear the worse.

"We just know something bad has happened because she would never leave her children,” said Kiirsi Hellewell.

Hellewell said she last saw Powell Sunday walking home from church.

The next day she was gone...

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ley-woman-missing/a7vyloVCmkmkg_qSEhv08w.cspx

He suddenly decides to take the tiny kids camping overnight in winter, in Utah, when he has to be at work the next day? Unless he went way down south, most of our campgrounds are closed at this time of year. I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone with him.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

(snip)

Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
Neighbors say that's when Josh took their two boys, who are 2 and 4 years old, sledding. They say a friend saw Josh back at the home at 8:30 p.m. Cox says Josh reportedly took the kids camping overnight Sunday night, but police have not confirmed his whereabouts.

He suddenly decides to take the tiny kids camping overnight in winter, in Utah, when he has to be at work the next day? Unless he went way down south, most of our campgrounds are closed at this time of year. I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone with him.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

(snip)

Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
Neighbors say that's when Josh took their two boys, who are 2 and 4 years old, sledding. They say a friend saw Josh back at the home at 8:30 p.m. Cox says Josh reportedly took the kids camping overnight Sunday night, but police have not confirmed his whereabouts.

Oh, yes, that's believable. She gets sick, so he takes the children sledding and then at 8:30 p.m. (and their bedtimes would be what, 7:00 pm at the latest, maybe?) he decides on the spur of the moment to take the kids camping, and misses work the next day. Oh yeah, sure.

The only silver lining I see here is that this guy sounds so dumb that hopefully the case will be quickly solved. I hope so for the sake of her family and children. How sad.

Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, said the family hasn't heard from his daughter since Saturday, when she was in touch with her sisters. The third of four girls, Susan Powell sounded fine in those phone calls, Cox said. She was looking forward to Christmas.

Cox, who lives in Washington state, said he spoke with Josh Powell about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday. He said his son-in-law "was a little upset" as he informed Cox that his wife was missing. Cox said Josh Powell told him he had last seen his wife around 12:30 p.m. Sunday.

The Powells were married in April 2001. When the pair moved to Salt Lake City about five years ago, she earned a stockbroker's license and landed a job at Fidelity Investments, Cox said. When she failed to show up for work Monday at Wells Fargo Financial, there was further cause for concern.

Melanie Kloepfel knew the couple when they were first married in Washington. She said they were a "fun, active" pair and that Susan Powell was "vibrant" and "always willing to share." She said her contact with the couple was reduced mostly to Facebook after they moved, but said Susan Powell appeared to focus on family, faith and gardening.
Story continues below

West Valley police are continuing to interview Josh Powell as well as Susan Powell's parents in Washington, said McLachlan. A phone call to the Powell house was not returned.

more here

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350544/Few-details-on-missing-WV-mom-2-just-anxiety.html?pg=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni