Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    Is this the husband? Looks like him to me.

http://www.joshpowellrealtor.com/
    Yep - I agree that this appears to be him. And taking a look at the testimonials, I see that the same female whose (unusual) first name appears on the "Find SP" FB site has posted a testimonial. Interestingly enough, his technological knowledge is praised (thinking GPS & cell phone pings here).

Interesting to read the information under the "About" tab there, especially in light of what's going on currently. If he wrote it himself, he sure doesn't hesitate to toot his own horn, so to speak!
    Last edited by Solstice Canyon; 12-11-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Clarify statement; Remove unintended space in middle of word.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Solstice Canyon For This Useful Post:

yuppers, that is him

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

Josh earned his Bachelorís Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his
    college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, and repeated placement on the Presidentís List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social
    activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama
    productions
    , and writing for the campus newspaper.

Wow - public speaking & drama productions....who would have thought? </end snark>

http://www.joshpowellrealtor.com/abo...oshPowell.aspx
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

YET--what school did he attain the drama, and public speaking education? (VBsnicker)

Also from joshpowell site (verbatim)

Joshs' education:
    Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.

Never says--from WHAT University?

From joshpowellrealtor.com about Josh:
    One thing about it – Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades

I'll leave the spade part, and the WTH school it was from to yet be determined.

Now sounding more like the Mark "Spankings" case. Wife-a winner, married ME, the loser.
    Divorced: then what would I do? Not going to take that realization....
    Last edited by lemonmoussetart; 12-11-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: added a space with grammatical error

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

I haven't had much time to be on WS in the last two days. But I wanted to thank everyone for keeping Susan's thread going.

I have a legal question if anyone here could answer it. I know this is a long shot. But IF police can not find enough evidence to charge Josh with Susan's murder, is there ANY way they can remove the kids from his care for taking them out "camping" in the frigid weather?
    If he really did that (and most of us doubt it), could that be legally seen as endangering his children's lives?

These babies need to be with someone who can help them get through the very traumatic years ahead, as I think most of us agree that whether or not Susan is found, she won't be coming home to her children.

Those offended by prayer, please skip this part:

Dear Lord,

I ask that you keep those missing their loved one, Susan, in your arms at this time. Guide those searching for her to find her soon and bring her home. I ask that if she is no longer of this earth, that you guide someone to her, so that her loved ones can say a proper goodbye and begin their grieving process with you at their side. Please keep a hand on her children right now, and calm any sadness or fear they may be feeling, and if need be, help lead them to a new home filled with love and understanding. I pray these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!!!
    Bring the Missing Home!!!
    Find Kara Kopetsky!!!

God watch over baby Gabriel Johnson
    Tips: gabrieljohnson.tips@gmail.com

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to NewMommy09 For This Useful Post:

Anybody else find the bold below hinky?

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Officers went to the Powells' home. When no one came to the door, they broke a window and went inside, fearing a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

"When they broke the window and got in the house, they found my daughter's purse and cell phone on the bed, a wet spot on the floor dried by two fans," said Cox. "And the family was gone."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/79033337.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Anybody else find the bold below hinky?

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Officers went to the Powells' home. When no one came to the door, they broke a window and went inside, fearing a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

"When they broke the window and got in the house, they found my daughter's purse and cell phone on the bed, a wet spot on the floor dried by two fans," said Cox. "And the family was gone."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/79033337.html
    YES. That's why I posted it in #151.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    YES. That's why I posted it in #151.
    Lol...I saw that when I read up the forum...Two fans drying a wet spot on the floor ?
    Wonder what his explaination for that one was....oh yeah he was camping in frigid conditions and snow at 12:30 am, to make Smore's with his kids !!! How would he know !!!
    Last edited by mysticrose; 12-11-2009 at 07:58 PM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticrose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonmoussetart View Post
    Did not hear Josh mention sledding, but did hear several times about "making s'mores, and stuff". Smores? at 1am, freezing temps, with 2 almost babies, and in what is considered almost a wilderness area? Am betting they had fireplace in home that could have served, or microwave, or firepit in backyard. He loves 'dem smores, huh?
    Taking the kids for a camping trip at 12:30midnight on Sunday, makes you wonder... Specially if (as someone said before) it's 3 hours away, meaning smores at 3:30am... and that's after they mount camp (in pitch dark), because they had no trailer.

Did he:

1. intend to first kill the mother and then get rid of the kids in the wilderness, but changed his mind?
    2. intend to kill the mother and run off with the kids, then changed his mind?
    3. get rid of the mother's body near town, but drove off miles away to throw away police?
    4. get rid of her body in one area but then traveled to another to throw off police?
    5. get rid of her body where he supposedly camped?

What convinces me that he's done it is that he comes (supposedly) Monday night (thinking it's Sunday) and notices a window open (police had broken it the day before when they answered the missing persons call) and his wife is nowhere to be found... and he is okay with it.

The next day his wife is still missing, and he doesn't call the in-laws to find out if she is there. After all, remember that when he left she wasn't feeling well?

And, who leaves a sick spouse for two days and is not concerned when at returning that spouse is nowhere to be found and there is a window shattered?

The father-in-law says Josh called him at after noon to tell him Susan was missing. Had he called police yet? Had he been contacted by police?

I would believe his story if...

1. he had missed work on Mondays before thinking that it was Sunday

2. he had taken the kids on wilderness trips in the middle of the night in the past

3. Susan had been missing one whole night and one morning and he hadn't tried to call the in-laws or friends to find out where she was (as controlling as he is said to be)

4. Susan had left without her purse, cell, and without leaving a note or sending a message to him as to where she was.

I am also curious if he didn't try calling her while he was gone, since she was sick when he left.

Yup, another Peterson, Stebic, etc...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lipin One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    http://puyallup.komonews.com/content...-her-utah-home

woweewowow---very telling

Hopefully they are just collecting the forensic evidence and will soon nail this foolish nasty hubby

this is just even weirder and dumber than most...making smores in freezing weather with two little ones...on a Sunday night...unreal

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

"Josh, you amaze me with your knowledge and technology. If you weren't the best realtor I had ever met, I would say you should work with computers."

One of the testimonials on his site. Bummer that he seems to know so much about computers. I doubt he will make some of the same mistakes Chris Coleman did, with leaving evidence like the threatening letters.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

woweewowow---very telling
    thought I had read all local, and network stories, but had not read this.
    And DH, did not see a problem?

If he (the unbelievably, stupid, moron) is not booked within the next couple of days heaven help us all...

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

YET--what school did he attain the drama, and public speaking education? (VBsnicker)

Joshs' education:
    Josh earned his Bachelorís Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, and repeated placement on the Presidentís List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.

One thing about it Ė Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades

Now sounding more like the Mark "Spankings" case. Wife-a winner, married ME, the loser.
    FWIW - someone commented at the story here http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148...&comments=true that ol' Josh may have put fake info on his site (mostly discusses the testimonials).........there's also a post that says he doesn't currently work as a realtor, has a Computer Science degree, works in IT & is a computer geek.

I wish I could recall who was asking upthread if he was a computer geek....that certainly fits more with his 'public speaking' skills that we've seen so far.

ITA w/ you LMT -- he's a little over the top in his 'About Josh' description so as not to be 'outdone' by his financial expert wife.

Posters all over the internet keep bringing up comparisons to Mark Hacking....the more we learn, the more it seems to be true.

Wonder how long it'll be before we see him on a surveillance video camera tape which places him in a store checking his near frost-bitten hands (or buying cleaning supplies, etc.)
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
    "Josh, you amaze me with your knowledge and technology. If you weren't the best realtor I had ever met, I would say you should work with computers."

One of the testimonials on his site. Bummer that he seems to know so much about computers. I doubt he will make some of the same mistakes Chris Coleman did, with leaving evidence like the threatening letters.
    I dunno, he seems a bit too cocky. I have a son in the IT field and I asked him about this. He says that most people who are *computer savvy* aren't really. That is short of melting the harddrive, data can be retrieved a good deal of the time.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice Canyon View Post
    Yep - I agree that this appears to be him. And taking a look at the testimonials, I see that the same female whose (unusual) first name appears on the "Find SP" FB site has posted a testimonial. Interestingly enough, his technological knowledge is praised (thinking GPS & cell phone pings here).

Interesting to read the information under the "About" tab there, especially in light of what's going on currently. If he wrote it himself, he sure doesn't hesitate to toot his own horn, so to speak!
    Was just looking at his "About". There is a question there, and I don't know how to answer it... HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT JOSH?

Someone help me with that...

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lipin One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice Canyon View Post

I just looked at his source code for the site. He used a very common microsoft web page generator. I am not real worried now about his computer skills being such that he could truly hide his tracks. Just sayin..

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

Joshs' education:
    Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.

One thing about it – Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades

I cannot find in the most likely states, Utah and close by, a Josh Powell in the Phi Theta Kappa Alumni directory. I am gonna try some more states.
    http://www.ptk.org/alumni/

I found a Josh Allen Powell in KY.???

http://www.hencc.kctcs.net/news/news...asp?newsid=183
    Last edited by redkatrampant; 12-11-2009 at 08:25 PM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

I can't remember now where I saw it .....but I think his middle initial is S.
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

Hans Reiser developed Linux file systems.....he thought he was really smart -- smarter than everyone else.

He's in prison for murdering his wife -- and his actions were all very hinky. Nobody bought his story of Nina leaving her kids.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Lol...I saw that when I read up the forum...Two fans drying a wet spot on the floor ?
    Wonder what his explaination for that one was....oh yeah he was camping in frigid conditions and snow at 12:30 am, to make Smore's with his kids !!! How would he know !!!
    Let's say I more than say hmmm More like total BS--a child could see through this

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

I hope LE took those two fans and dusted the plugs for fingerprints........
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

43. The Following User Says Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

I can't remember now where I saw it .....but I think his middle initial is S.
    Yes and he's also from PUYALLUP, WA , IMO.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    I cannot find in the most likely states, Utah and close by, a Josh Powell in the Phi Theta Kappa Alumni directory. I am gonna try some more states.
    http://www.ptk.org/alumni/

I found a Josh Allen Powell in KY.???

http://www.hencc.kctcs.net/news/news...asp?newsid=183
    Bold by me...

I live in Utah, and I remember reading somewhere that Josh and Susan lived in Washington at one point. Given that this is where Susan's family appears to be from, I would think this is the most likely place for him to have gone to school.

Also, I am glad that the national news media has picked up on this story, because the local news seriously seemed to be downplaying it. It wasn't even front page for a while.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunflowerchick For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering what the kitchen looked like. If Susan said shortly after dinner, as the friend reported, that she wasn't feeling well, were dishes in sink? Or were dishes cleared and in dishwasher, and counters and stove cleaned up?

49. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast