Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by redkatrampant View Post
    I cannot find in the most likely states, Utah and close by, a Josh Powell in the Phi Theta Kappa Alumni directory. I am gonna try some more states.
    http://www.ptk.org/alumni/

I found a Josh Allen Powell in KY.???

http://www.hencc.kctcs.net/news/news...asp?newsid=183
    Bold by me...

I live in Utah, and I remember reading somewhere that Josh and Susan lived in Washington at one point. Given that this is where Susan's family appears to be from, I would think this is the most likely place for him to have gone to school.

Also, I am glad that the national news media has picked up on this story, because the local news seriously seemed to be downplaying it. It wasn't even front page for a while.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunflowerchick For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering what the kitchen looked like. If Susan said shortly after dinner, as the friend reported, that she wasn't feeling well, were dishes in sink? Or were dishes cleared and in dishwasher, and counters and stove cleaned up?
    Missing Persons Case Archive Albums ~ http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nkycrankerson/

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crocus For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowerchick View Post
    Bold by me...

I live in Utah, and I remember reading somewhere that Josh and Susan lived in Washington at one point. Given that this is where Susan's family appears to be from, I would think this is the most likely place for him to have gone to school.

Also, I am glad that the national news media has picked up on this story, because the local news seriously seemed to be downplaying it. It wasn't even front page for a while.
    Not in Washington either..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

NG is gonna talk about Susan tonite - well, after she gets in some more time on *Tiger's* story. ugh.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Grrrrrrr. Husband thinks he can fool everyone but Im sure theres tracks in the snow and foorprints leading them right to her body. Im praying they find her soon.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 12-11-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: wishing harm on someone
    The World Has Gone Mad.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    “I don't think Josh is a violent person, or there... I can't believe he would do something like that. I have a hard time believing that, but there are certain items of the story that don't add up… so... I don't know,” Powell’s father said.

Police have questioned Powell’s husband, Josh, but he is not saying a word.

Police served a search warrant and took several items they say Susan would not have left behind if she was going out.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...4Fka2QYTw.cspx

OMG: Police have questioned Powell’s husband, Josh, but he is not saying a word.

Why? Your wife is missing and you're not helping? You take the kids camping at 12:30 Sunday night while your wife is in bed not feeling well? I've yet to find out if she went camping with them, or if he left her at home. Off to do more reading.

Thanks,

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    I'm wondering what the kitchen looked like. If Susan said shortly after dinner, as the friend reported, that she wasn't feeling well, were dishes in sink? Or were dishes cleared and in dishwasher, and counters and stove cleaned up?
    Oh my - shades of Scott Peterson and that Hastings guy. I'd sure like to know what she ate and who did the dishes. Who fed the babies and what not.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:

Dear Posters:

Please stay on topic.

And please do not include in your posts statements that wish harm comes to someone.

Thanks,

Hoppy
    mod
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    Any online stuff on this guy? Any mistresses, late night soliciting of s*X? Does he have any fake diplomas? Was he is serious debt? Did he lose his job? was his wife out shining him?

I am off to sleuth.
    I predict one surfaces in...4 days. Feel free to post your own guesses, but something tells me one will surface.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adnoid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his
    college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social
    activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama
    productions
    , and writing for the campus newspaper.

Wow - public speaking & drama productions....who would have thought? </end snark>

http://www.joshpowellrealtor.com/abo...oshPowell.aspx
    From where I ask? No mention of the University/or College from where the accolades came from....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

I just looked at his source code for the site. He used a very common microsoft web page generator. I am not real worried now about his computer skills being such that he could truly hide his tracks. Just sayin..
    I am puter geek as they say. Female here although an oddity in my field. Yes, his tracks show no sophistication at all. My expertise is in Linux. What makes me different? I know more than they do, that's all.
    ...hangin' with the Big Boys

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    I predict one surfaces in...4 days. Feel free to post your own guesses, but something tells me one will surface.
    I give it till Monday. I am thinking lots of stuff is going to happen over the weekend.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hellolisakitty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hellolisakitty View Post
    I give it till Monday. I am thinking lots of stuff is going to happen over the weekend.
    With this DB I suspect about Sunday the walls will fall...

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    He suddenly decides to take the tiny kids camping overnight in winter, in Utah, when he has to be at work the next day? Unless he went way down south, most of our campgrounds are closed at this time of year. I hope he was dumb enough to take his cell phone with him.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8965718

(snip)

Cox says Susan and Josh had a friend over for dinner Sunday evening. He says around 5 p.m., Susan said she wasn't feeling well and went to lie down.
    Neighbors say that's when Josh took their two boys, who are 2 and 4 years old, sledding. They say a friend saw Josh back at the home at 8:30 p.m. Cox says Josh reportedly took the kids camping overnight Sunday night, but police have not confirmed his whereabouts.
    This is pure speculation on my part, but that Susan wasn't feeling well and went to lie down aroud 5pm makes me suspicious that Susan was poisoned by her husband with something he put in her dinner. Then he went back later to take her and dispose of her. If that is the case I hope she was gone before he disposed of her, and I pray that she never knew what was happening. This sounds to me like a case of premeditated first degree murder. JMHO

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kateyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lemonmoussetart View Post
    From where I ask? No mention of the University/or College from where the accolades came from....
    I can't find any record for the accolades...I am thinking he is not all that bright.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redkatrampant For This Useful Post:

I can't find any record for the accolades...I am thinking he is not all that bright.
    there IS a record of all who graduated Magna, and Summa cum laude.

We have NO record of him at any accredited college, or university in the US.
    Last edited by lemonmoussetart; 12-11-2009 at 11:16 PM.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

Are they Mormon? Might give some different directions to look.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonmoussetart View Post
    there IS a record of all who graduated Magna, and Summa cum laude.

We have NO record of him at any accredited college, or university in the US.
    I am having Mark Hacking visions... Maybe Josh moved here after that happened? Or maybe he is just that stupid to try the same crap Hacking did.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to hellolisakitty For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    They are Mormon, but I don't know what this would have to do with it... Not being snarky, but what are you thinking specifically?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowerchick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Susan is if you go by this: http://richmanramblings.blogspot.com...l-missing.html

Ward member = LDS. JMO

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Having taken a quick trip past Josh's realtor site, I'm going to have to disagree with the mistress theory and go with financial trouble/dirty business deals. I'm not seeing a charmer here; he fancies himself a wheeler-dealer. He sounds way too self-involved to waste time with a lover...(hookers sound more likely to me, he'd get a thrill out of paying for it...control issues and all.)

I would be interested to know if he involved her in his realty business or kept her out of it entirely...How much did she know?

Financial motives...didn't want to let her leave with "his" kids and have to pay child support?...how is their life insurance situation?

I think he planned this for awhile, and used his "high quality resources" to scope out a place in the wilderness to ditch the body. Probably went there and "prepared" a place to put her well in advance.

Jmo
    Susan

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crocus View Post
    I hope LE took those two fans and dusted the plugs for fingerprints........
    Let me guess--NO fingerprints on the fans

And, what does that say?

Someone on NG (really dislike her!), from LE just said that they can't imagine anyone, BUT husband would be suspect!
    In this case, soo very true! what a weiner, TB, liar, murderer.
    Last edited by lemonmoussetart; 12-11-2009 at 11:49 PM.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemonmoussetart For This Useful Post:

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2009...stery-in-utah/

Mom of 2 vanishes from own home
    28 year old mother of 2 Susan Powell was last seen Sunday night inside her home in West Valley City, Utah, a suburb of Salt Lake City. Susan’s husband, Joshua Powell, and their 2 children were also believe to be missing at the outset, but later returned home Monday afternoon. Joshua Powell reportedly told cops that he decided late Sunday night to take the children on a late night camping trip. Powell allegedly says he saw Susan sleeping in bed around midnight Sunday when he left the house with the kids. Powell has told local media that he would go on these late-night camping trips with his children frequently, he would get them out of bed, and take them out to camp out and make s’mores.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Just now following Susan's thread. So Josh took their 2 & 4 year old boys camping at 12am to check out a generator and to make smoers....came home and Susan was missing....yeah right! I don't believe it for a second. My guess is that Josh knows exactly where his wife is...because he put her there! When will this madness stop? Why do these guys keep thinking they can kill their wife and not get caught? I'll eat my laptop if this guy isn't guilty as sin of murdering his wife.

44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

IIRC he was to start a NEW JOB on MON. and missed his first day.
    Money troubles? and was she pregnant again? 2 and 4 year olds.......
    ready for another?
    IIRC they were in counseling according to NG show
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

46. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast