Woman Shoots Intruder During 911 Call

Lyn1001

In constant need of a nap
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted anywhere.

"Oklahoma resident Donna Jackson faced a life or death situation when an intruder tried to break into her rural-area home last Friday.

Home alone, but armed with a shotgun, 57-year-old Jackson called 911 and begged for help, but police couldnt get there before the man was able to break through a glass door with a chair and patio table."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/09/earlyshow/main5949873.shtml

I heard part of this 911 call on the radio this morning and almost started crying. The poor woman sounded beside herself that she had to shoot him.

I didn't see this posted anywhere.

"Oklahoma resident Donna Jackson faced a life or death situation when an intruder tried to break into her rural-area home last Friday.

Home alone, but armed with a shotgun, 57-year-old Jackson called 911 and begged for help, but police couldnt get there before the man was able to break through a glass door with a chair and patio table."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/09/earlyshow/main5949873.shtml

I heard part of this 911 call on the radio this morning and almost started crying. The poor woman sounded beside herself that she had to shoot him.

That poor woman. You could hear the fear that she had of him breaking in and the agony she went through after she shot him.

Oh my goodness! That poor poor woman, what she must feel! All I can say is good for her! Who knows what this man would have done to her. I hope I would be strong enough to do the same thing if I were in her shoes.

I really feel bad for her and back her 100%

Oh my god. I'm so sorry for this brave woman who never dreamed she would have to kill another human being. I hope she soon finds a way to live with this, and finds herself OK with herself, resolved to the necessity of it :( I will certainly be thinking and praying for her healing in the days to come . . .

If more people were able and willing to do what she's done, I can't help but think there would be fewer and fewer idiots willing to risk their own death for a few hundred dollars of stolen stuff.

Sometimes in life,a womans' gotta do what a womans' gotta do.

Wow poor lady...that took guts I don't know if I would have been able to do it. I hope she will be ok.

There is a WHOLE lot more to this story.... you can listen to the entire 30 minute 911 call at the link below and then read the comments below the article. This poor woman was on the phone for over 10 minutes with the operator before she had to shoot when the man broke through the window. It took another 13 or more minutes before LE finally was able to get to her house. THEN at the end of the 911 call they patch her into a 3 way call with her son who is a LE officer in another jurisdiction! It is so sad, and you can feel her pain and terror and sorrow at what she did.

Seems to turn out that the man was drunk, had wrecked his car with his sister (also impaired) and was trying to get help. He was violent, and cursing and refused to leave when told the lady had a gun. He continued the assault on her home and she had no choice but to shoot when he broke the patio door window and came inside.

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498

There is a WHOLE lot more to this story.... you can listen to the entire 30 minute 911 call at the link below and then read the comments below the article. This poor woman was on the phone for over 10 minutes with the operator before she had to shoot when the man broke through the window. It took another 13 or more minutes before LE finally was able to get to her house. THEN at the end of the 911 call they patch her into a 3 way call with her son who is a LE officer in another jurisdiction! It is so sad, and you can feel her pain and terror and sorrow at what she did.

Seems to turn out that the man was drunk, had wrecked his car with his sister (also impaired) and was trying to get help. He was violent, and cursing and refused to leave when told the lady had a gun. He continued the assault on her home and she had no choice but to shoot when he broke the patio door window and came inside.

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498

Can anyone else not see the comments? How do I display them?

Can anyone else not see the comments? How do I display them?

I don't see them anymore....they may have shut it down as it was getting a bit contentious with people claiming to be relatives and friends of the man who was shot.

jmoo

What was she saying about shooting the other dog and the neighbor being upset? I couldn't make that part out.

ETA: Answering my own question. Listened to it again. I think what she was saying was that they didn't need to fear the other big dog because he stopped barking when she killed the guy. However, she was also worried that the neighbor would come over because of the noise and shots and would be traumatized by the sight.

I would love to know what kind of truck this guy drove.

This poor woman. I listened to the entire call. She was so brave dealing with that with her only help being a 911 operator. It's scary to think it would take LE more than five minutes to reach an emergency of this magnitude. Bless this woman.. she had to be terrified.

I'm thankful he didn't go to one of her neighbors homes. Mrs. Jackson mentions all of her neighbors are elderly. I'm glad she had the ability to protect herself. May she be able to make peace with what she had to do. Who knows what this person was capable of.

The perp? Why?

Because there was a truck from out of the area seen when Patricia Kimmi went missing. Hailey Elliott was also seen getting into a truck.

Now on HLN today, a pic was shown of this guy that Donna Jackson had shot and said he had an extensive record. It was also shown on HLN what he would look like if he had hair or those sideburns. And this guy was clearly crazy.

Could there be a connection?

I listened to the entire 911 call also and just have to commend Donna Jackson. She kept her head during what had to be an extremely terrifying time. She even advised the 911 operator when she was taking the safety off of the shotgun. She did not want to shoot this guy, but she did not want to be killed either. I am so sorry Donna Jackson had to go through this.

I keep a loaded 357 in my bedside drawer. My oldest daughter is here some of the time, but most of the time I am alone. She will always call me on her cell phone when she pulls in the driveway so I know it is her. I am trained with handguns and shotguns and have a permit to carry a handgun. Safety and protection comes first. I would not hesitate to shoot and intruder. Here in Louisiana, the intruder must be inside when you shoot. No Castle Doctrine here unless the law is changed and I do not know about it.

Thank God Donna Jackson knew what she was doing. LOL, there ia nothing more dangerous than a scared woman with a gun if she doesn't know how to use it!!!

MOO

I do totally support her. and I don't fault her at all.

That said...If it were me, and I was alone.......and I had the oppurtunity to leave the house via the front door, I would have. IMO She had ample oppurtunity to leave.

That said, if I were alone & were to wake up with an intruder in my home....I would lock myself in a room and warn him.......if he didn't heed my warning, I'd shoot him dead and it wouldn't bother me.

I do totally support her. and I don't fault her at all.

That said...If it were me, and I was alone.......and I had the oppurtunity to leave the house via the front door, I would have. IMO She had ample oppurtunity to leave.

That said, if I were alone & were to wake up with an intruder in my home....I would lock myself in a room and warn him.......if he didn't heed my warning, I'd shoot him dead and it wouldn't bother me.

I think that's easy to say NOW, but I would have been terrified to go out the door. What if there were more than one of them? This woman is 57. What if the intruder were a lot younger or in better shape and could outrun her and catch her outside? What if he had a gun too?

Maybe she was on the home phone and not a cell so couldn't leave without losing contact with LE. I would rather be facing the door with a gun than running and looking over my shoulder.

I'm sorry for the trauma she has experienced but I don't feel sorry for this man one bit. He was warned she had a gun and kept coming! She has saved the taxpayers a bunch of money and the fear that, even if convicted, he might get out and hurt someone else.

Attitudes like these only add to the rights of property owners being taken and the rights of criminals being enhanced.

Why should she have to? It's her house. The criminal was outside - are you suggesting she should have left the house to be outside, unarmed, with the criminal?

I agree

I don't know what I would do if I were put in a similar position...I listened to the entire call and I was amazed by how brave she was. I can't even imagine what I would do in that situation! It's scary how long it took police to arrive. I don't even want to think about what that 911 recording would've sounded like if she hadn't had that gun.

I'm thankful he didn't go to one of her neighbors homes. Mrs. Jackson mentions all of her neighbors are elderly. I'm glad she had the ability to protect herself. May she be able to make peace with what she had to do. Who knows what this person was capable of.

I also wonder how he got to the home if it took LE so much time to deal with the fence. Did he pass up neighbors' houses? Maybe because she had lights on at that hour?

I wasn't clear on what was happening with the dog Cody. It sounds like she is scared that she needs to get to her potentially injured dog at the beginning. Then she's concerned about him attacking LE, but he hasn't attacked the perp, who was at the front door at the beginning of the call. Then she tells her son that the dog did what he could, but he couldn't get to the perp. I can't make sense of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back