Results 1 to 15 of 523
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2005
FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 29
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4477792&postcount=495"]#1-21[/ame] (Thanks to Noway)
Continue here with discussion on Somer's case.
Post links to SR registry only, do not copy/paste info on SO to this thread, including photographs and inmate details.
Do not post personal information -- name, address, phone number -- of anyone LE has not named as suspect in the murder of Somer Thompson here.
References to minors other than the victim should be initials only (AC, AT, ST). When in doubt about whether you can use someone's name, use initials and provide link to source of information.
Do not post links to Facebook/MySpace/Twitter pages.
Thanks to Noway for links and TOS reminder!
The Following User Says Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:
12-09-2009, 09:47 PM #2
I want to be first!
OK. I read on here yesterday that Somer's usual teacher was not at school, and she had a substitute that day? That little tidbit woke me up in the middle of the night.
Last edited by paris_paris; 12-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.
12-09-2009, 09:49 PM #3
Facts as we know them Version X
Please do not quote whole post. Bring a correction or addition to my attention with copy/paste.
List of FACTS: Version X
Credit goes to many WS members. These are facts as reported by media and/or from the MPR. Links to source where available.
· Somer Thompson was 7 when she disappeared on October 19.
· Somer was wearing a cranberry jump suit (sweat suit) with a matching top to the bottom and pink satin stripes down the sides of arms and legs, and a black shirt underneath and blue and gray socks and rainbow tennis shoes. (Diena Thompson Addresses the Media)
· Somer and her siblings got ride to school in the morning and walked in the afternoon with 50-70 kids See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer was born April 5, 2002.
· Somer did not wander off according to her mom in video Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer routinely wandered around and nobody knew where she was, according to a babysitter.
· Somer had run off unattended. MR said running off unattended wasn't anything new for Somer. R., 17, said she baby-sat Somer and her two siblings for a little more than a month this year. ... She said the 7-year-old is headstrong and often jumped ahead of her brother and sister on the way back from school and made her way back by herself. These trips usually took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, and she said Diena Thompson had a list of phone numbers for the parents of Somer's friends in case she was gone for too long.
· Somer wore a red ribbon in her ponytail on October 19.
· AB (neighbor) drove Somer to school on October 19 and said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self.
· Somer went to school (GPE) and left school at regular time (2:32 p.m.).
· Somer was released from school at 2:50 p.m. Source
· Somer initially started walking with her friend M. “Minutes before she was walking with this little girl. I mean, yea it's definitely sunk in...It gives me goose bumps...thinking it could have been fifty-fifty, I mean, just like that,” said GC.
· Somer caught up with AT and ST (twin) in the 1100 block of Gano. Source
· AT brought up spat with M., and Somer ran ahead to walk alone.
· An AMBER Alert was issued on Tuesday morning. It does not mention the book bag or lunchbox, but mentions her possibly wearing white hat and scarf. JPG of AMBER Alert
· Somer lived with her mom Diena, her twin brother ST, her older sister AT and her older brother AC. See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer's body was found at Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, GA. She was tentatively identified by her clothing and a birthmark.
· Somer's lunchbox and book bag (see sketches as released by LE and shown on AMW) have not been found. Details first reported on AMW November 7. (Previous reports had not mentioned lunchbox; backpack/book bag was described several ways, now believed to be in error, including but not limited to “black book bag”; “pink black and white backpack with skulls, hearts, and crossbones”; “purple HM backpack”)
· Diena and Samuel Thompson are estranged and in the process of divorcing.
· Diena has a live-in boyfriend (CPC, who goes by P).
· Diena said she had lunch at her home on October 19 with SAP, a family friend.
· Diena asked SAP to wait until the kids got home from school. (from narrative MPR, but what was he to do after that?)
· Dena texts SAP around 4 p.m., asking how the kids were; SAP replied that Somer had not come home with the other kids.
· Diena leaves work early to search for Somer.
· Diena felt something was wrong this time, and this is why she responded quickly to news of Somer not making it home that day.
· Diena calls her boyfriend, CPC aka P, at about 4:20 p.m., tells him Somer didn’t come home, and asks him to leave work to help search for her.
· Diena stops at OPAA to pick up oldest son AC.
· Diena flags down D/S A. Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle West and Gano, and reports Somer missing.
· Diena says that ST (twin) lagged behind to talk to a friend. (watch video that page too)."I know that ST had lagged behind talking to a friend," Diena Thompson told "GMA." "And AT and Somer were together and that -- I'm not sure what happened. Somer got teased a lot. ... She ran ahead, and AT just figured she'd catch up with her. And when she got to the second crossing guard Somer wasn't there.
· Samuel lives in North Carolina and has not seen Somer in 2 years.
· Samuel came to FL on the Sunday after Somer's disappearance.
· Samuel says soot was found on Somer’s body in NG interview). (Later, he recants that statement through relative on WS because the source of this information, his sister LH, is thought to be unreliable.)
SEAN A. P. (SAP)
· SAP is a close family friend of family.
· SAP is said to have had lunch with Diena at her house on October 19 (in the MPR, he does not state this himself but Diena does).
· SAP is asked to wait at house until kids come home from school. (from MPR narrative; not sure what he was to do after they came home)..
· SAP had not been asked to do this before. This was his first time.
· SAP asks where Somer is when AT and ST arrived around 3:10 p.m.
· SAP sent AT to look for Somer. When she returned about 15 minutes later without her, SAP told her to look again real good before he called Diena.
· SAP gets text from Diena around 4 p.m. asking how the kids were doing; he texts back that Somer did not come home with the other kids and AT is out looking for her.Diena says she will leave work and come look for Somer.
· SAP changed [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322213&postcount=153"]details[/ame] on his indigo healing website.
GANO AVENUE HOUSE
· This house caught fire months ago and is being restored.
· Work crews have been at that house.
· VD&B is the contractor working on the house.
· Kyle, who works with the contractor, was there on October 19, and said that Somer came in the yard, told him that he/they were doing a good job on the house, and went back the way she came. (Thanks, MammaD!)
· ·Kyle is the last person known to see Somer alive.
· There are propane tanks surrounded by a fence about a block the house (toward school).
· J., a minor, was riding his bike home when he saw Somer running around near the tanks and that she he thought she was excited but had a frown on her face.
· OPAA is a park and sporting fields across the street from the house.
· LE searched the house extensively on Thursday and Friday.
· The Gano House was proclaimed a crime scene, as was the search area.
· LE searched the Gano Avenue house extensively and the men's room at OPAA briefly and came out with a bag.
· An autopsy was performed, and LE knows the cause of death, but that have not released that information.
· Sheriff reports only one person cleared in the investigation into Somer’s death and that is him.
· Investigators made the request / recommendation that Somer's casket be closed.
· AB drove Somer to school on October 19.
· AB appeared on TVwith Sheriff Beseler. Don't want video to appear in this post: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33427923#33427923"]msnbc.com.
· A woman who did not want to be identified told First Coast News that she asked investigators to check the vacant house on Gano Avenue and its dumpster. A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night. She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?
· A female neighbor (reportedly Anna Braddy), when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to (paraphrased). See [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322499&postcount=253"]post[/ame].
· Houses in the vicinity of the Gano house were searched on Tuesday, October 20. The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.
· Bruce Owens, an officer suggests to the sheriff that all trash trucks should be followed and searched so they can isolate the trash coming out of this area, the trash trucks are then followed. (Later reported that Joe Jett gets credit for this.)
· Somer was found dead on October 21 in the Chesser Island Landfill in Fokston, Georgia.
· LE followed the trucks to the Chesser Island Landfill.
· There is at least one video of an interview with Diena that is blacked out-significant portion of interview is missing at the point where DT is recalling something from the day. Because it was raw video and they edited out camera man movement?
· There are 161 RSOs that live within 5 miles of Somer’s home.
· CWG’s name and contact info appears on the initial police report (in error as a case of mistaken identity) detailing her disappearance, along with the names of family, neighbors, and others.
· The owner of VD&B has a brother who is an RSO. His name is GCV.
· Since Somer disappeared many RSO’s have been arrested for failing to update their addresses.
UNRELATED BUT YET, RELATED
· What was thought to be an attempted abduction 10 days before Somer's disappearance turned out not to be an attempted abduction and was not related to Somer's disappearance according to LE. Even after LE said there was no connection, reports on blue Nissans poured in to the CCSO.
· A police report in the Clay County Daily indicated that 4 burglary suspects were arrested at the Thompson home. LE later said that the address was in error and gave this explanation: An officer who was at the Thompson home was called to an unrelated burglary call and made the arrest of 4 individuals but when he filed his report, he forgot to change the address. If you check the Clay County Daily for 10/21, you will find the correct information now.
· CWG's name on the MPR was a result of mistaken identity according to LE.
Last edited by Noway; 12-10-2009 at 01:45 AM.
12-09-2009, 09:50 PM #4
Have to run out but if links got blown in the copied/pasted version of the Facts, I'll fix them later.
12-09-2009, 09:52 PM #5
These are the two things I'm going to try to find the source of ... if anyone has them or wants to search for them. TIA
· A female neighbor who asked that her name not be reported, upon hearing of Somer’s disappearance, tells LE to check the vacant house on Gano Avenue and its dumpster. After Somer is found in the landfill, she said she wishes she would have checked it herself.
· A (different?) female neighbor, when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to. A WSer posted that it was the woman who drove Somer to school; that would have been AB. I wasn't sure which video it is at the link provided in the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:
12-09-2009, 09:53 PM #6
The "WSer posted" is a link in one of the versions of this. I don't know why that one always gets lost when I copy and paste ...
12-09-2009, 09:56 PM #7
The neighbor lady who made the trash comment must have meant that LE had taken the trash from the neighborhood that day.
The Following User Says Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:
12-09-2009, 10:03 PM #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
12-09-2009, 10:11 PM #9
The Following User Says Thank You to ccane For This Useful Post:
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM #10
12-09-2009, 10:26 PM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
Just getting caught up with reading the previous thread after being off for a few hours and I notice that Infinity asked me a question.
Infinity: Since I can't quote from a closed thread you asked me why it is that I remember so much about your "vision" posts if I didn't believe. Well, maybe I have a good memory. There's your answer.
ETA: Now, I am once again logging off to play online card games.
Last edited by New1; 12-09-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: added
12-09-2009, 10:43 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
What was told to me was that the neighbor was being interviewed and mentioned that her trash was already gone when she got up,( implying that it was much earlier than usual pick up time. She gestured with her head towards the T home and said something about check the trash or their trash or something to that effect. This is just a snippet out of a longer interview.
It is "no longer available". But, I thought I'd pass it along because I know how frustrating it is to not find things you remember from before. It has happened to me several times. When I got this e-mail, it was completely news to me. I'd missed it somewhere. So you cross confirm each other's memory.
12-09-2009, 10:48 PM #13
houndstooth, I didn't see that video, so I've wondered what the comment meant.
Your explanation almost sounds like the neighbour saying "you could check DT's trash, but it was already gone when I got up, so too late, and how convenient."
Is that what everyone is getting at?
My only thought on that is... Somer went missing on Monday. Trash was picked up Tuesday. I doubt anyone in that house thought to put out the trash that night.
Do I have my days right?
Edit: hasn't everyone been saying this person wanted to remain anonymous? So it wouldn't be on video would it? Is it written in an article?
Last edited by paris_paris; 12-09-2009 at 10:50 PM.
12-09-2009, 10:49 PM #14
A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night.
She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?"
Meanwhile, neighbors hope Somer's killer is found soon and wonder if any clues are inside the home.KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up.
"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare
12-09-2009, 10:59 PM #15
The comment "Take that how you want" was not about the trash these are different things here being brought together
1 story about trash and 1 story about "Take that how you want"
The Following User Says Thank You to ccane For This Useful Post:
By imamaze in forum Somer Renee ThompsonReplies: 619Last Post: 12-04-2009, 10:43 PM
By Noway in forum Somer Renee ThompsonReplies: 767Last Post: 11-30-2009, 01:23 PM
By hoppyfrog in forum Somer Renee ThompsonReplies: 640Last Post: 11-20-2009, 12:43 AM
By hoppyfrog in forum Somer Renee ThompsonReplies: 1114Last Post: 10-29-2009, 08:46 PM
By not_my_kids in forum Somer Renee ThompsonReplies: 829Last Post: 10-28-2009, 08:32 PM