Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 29

Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sadnpod For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the updates Noway...

I come in and try to follow this case a little but the sheer number of "initials" and RSO's and "suspects" is pretty confusing

Just my own thoughts on this....I am still struck by how Somer would go up to construction workers to talk to them..."doing a good job"??

I find it odd that LE has not put out a cause of death...or information if she was sexually assaulted

I know that the area around her seems to have been chock full of RSO's...but I wonder....maybe this was NOT a sexual crime??

could it be that Somer was "lost" and someone (*close) of the early searchers found her and struck her or beat her and killed her (maybe not meaning to)...or began to strike her and lost control and killed her??

could it be someone ...boyfriend or the "one who was going to watch her" ...?? Maybe they felt her a drain on their relationship with DT? If you read between the lines here, this "indigo child" stuff sort of boils down to "a handfull"....was someone sick of Somer running off, maybe they found her hard to manage??

I also can imagine a scenario with a teenager....could she have seen something? drugs?? kids having sex or ?? could she have threatened to "tell"?? and maybe they killed her??

I am just throwing these ideas out there...I try to think in a "simple" manner...I def like to use the Occam's Razor type thinking ...and to imagine the least complicated scenario

Question : when will LE release more info on cause of death etc?? thanks

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LogicalMinds For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Can't think of anything to add right now.

Wondering: Were the crossing guards the "regular" crossing guards for that shift. Or did shifts change and sometimes they did mornings and sometimes afternoons?

Could the reason that Diena reacted quickly (leaving work, calling C. Perry, etc.) be because Sean was the "babysitter"? I mean that she didn't want him to have to deal with Somer not coming home ... I have friends who would be good in a situation like this and others that I'd just as soon went home because they panic. That's where my head is going with that one.
    Could it be she didn't trust SP and wanted to make sure he didn't rape or kill Somer?

Quote Originally Posted by sadnpod View Post
    Ive wondered about the crossing guards, but have no idea how to find out. Thats a very good point about DT coming home. Sounds plausible to me.

So much to wonder about. Do you think there is any chance Haleigh and Somers cases are related?
    Not likely.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinamia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalMinds View Post
    Thanks for the updates Noway...

I come in and try to follow this case a little but the sheer number of "initials" and RSO's and "suspects" is pretty confusing

Just my own thoughts on this....I am still struck by how Somer would go up to construction workers to talk to them..."doing a good job"??

I find it odd that LE has not put out a cause of death...or information if she was sexually assaulted

I know that the area around her seems to have been chock full of RSO's...but I wonder....maybe this was NOT a sexual crime??

could it be that Somer was "lost" and someone (*close) of the early searchers found her and struck her or beat her and killed her (maybe not meaning to)...or began to strike her and lost control and killed her??

could it be someone ...boyfriend or the "one who was going to watch her" ...?? Maybe they felt her a drain on their relationship with DT? If you read between the lines here, this "indigo child" stuff sort of boils down to "a handfull"....was someone sick of Somer running off, maybe they found her hard to manage??

I also can imagine a scenario with a teenager....could she have seen something? drugs?? kids having sex or ?? could she have threatened to "tell"?? and maybe they killed her??

I am just throwing these ideas out there...I try to think in a "simple" manner...I def like to use the Occam's Razor type thinking ...and to imagine the least complicated scenario

Question : when will LE release more info on cause of death etc?? thanks
    The reason they aren't releasing info is to preserve the evidence. This isn't just a normal killing. The amount of DNA that needs to be looked through is enormous being she was in a landfill. She was definitely not sexually assaulted that's why the sex offenders were excluded.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinamia For This Useful Post:

More about the evidence....
    This is from 3 weeks ago today, so most of you have probably already seen it.

"Waiting on lab results is part of this process," said Sheriff Rick Beseler. "The results can take weeks to return and cannot be rushed or hurried because this is information that will point us in the right direction and tell us where to go." Sheriff Beseler commented that, with a case like this, information is unfolding slowly. He describes the case as being far from "cold". "This case is not a cold case...not by far," Beseler said. "This case remains hot with emerging leads and many pieces of evidence. Our team is very active and will remain so for weeks to come", Beseler said.
    http://www.claysheriff.com/05_01_00news.asp?NewsID=471

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chickadee For This Useful Post:

can anyone throw in anything new that was different on that day for somer? While we are here can we make a combined list?
    the obvious

SP at the house
    she felt bad that morning
    Her mom freaked over her not comin home (which seems more normal than abnormal IMO)
    Arguments with friend. AT and ST
    Sub teacher
    The trip home for lunch

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fbeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by infinity14 View Post
    Speaking of that cop, if you look at his property on the Clay County Parcel it no longer gives you any info, no name, nothing. It's all been blanked out. I guess LE is a fan?

Also Briarwood is the very first thing Somer said to me.
    If they are it is a good idea. I personally don't feel that we should be broadcasting info on LE's home addressses and private information. Yes the data is out there, but to agregate it in passing is not right.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to secretagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 4mer.naybor View Post
    we've been sabotaged
    please.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to secretagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fbeyes View Post
    The trip home for lunch
    AB not driving them home.

Other babysitter not being there after school.
    Last edited by pinamia; 12-11-2009 at 10:24 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pinamia For This Useful Post:

tarabull is offline Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.
    can anyone throw in anything new that was different on that day for somer? While we are here can we make a combined list?
    the obvious

SP at the house
    she felt bad that morning
    Her mom freaked over her not comin home (which seems more normal than abnormal IMO)
    Arguments with friend. AT and ST
    Sub teacher
    G'morning everyone

Hi sad....hope that once she went to bed, you go control over the thermostat at mom's house. LOL THAT was funny, yes there is a fine line between HOT and COLD....I WONDER which side of the line LE are on?!?!??!

ONLY 2 weeks until Christmas! Do you think this case will be solved and the perp behind bars by then?!?!?!?

Sorry - the point of my post - to add to the "argues with friend" - wasn't it more than that??????????? I mean didn't we hear about Somer being hit in the head with a book bag or back pack?????

ANYONE remember that?!?!? Should I find a link???
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Can you believe the look on this POS face? He's just been arrested and he looks like he's in Nirvana.

Every time I see these RSO pics, I am stunned by the smirky smile.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pinamia View Post
    Could it be she didn't trust SP and wanted to make sure he didn't rape or kill Somer?
    Then why ask him to wait for the kids if he couldn't be trusted for just a few hours after school? He was supposedly an "indigo" adult. Well versed in dealing with "indigo children", and presumably regular kids, too.
    He did not strike me as being overreacting according to the MPR. And we do not know if the siblings were overly concerned either by S. not coming directly home. We do not know if PC came at the time stated, either.
    It may have been he arrived sooner, while AT was still out looking and that is why he only picked up ST. But, it would seem that he would have passed them before he got very far, because his time of leaving and her time arriving with LE in tow is roughly 5 minutes.

She is said to have gone directly to the park first, even though she would have had to pass by her own house going down Debarry to get to the park.
    The most normal thing to do in the world would be to stop in long enough to find out what is going on from everyone before going to the park or anywhere else. But, if she did so neither she, nor Sp, nor PC, nor the children mention it in the report. If it had been out of her way to go home before going to the park, then fine, but, if you were driving right by there.....it is a question that stands out to me.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

(Yes, I often talk to myself)

Wonder what happened to this guy? Im gonna see what I can find...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...9b8-Qnj1g.cspx
    Did anyone read the comments under this story....seems this guys first name meant something to someone - maybe posters comments are based on yet another vision.

It's really hard to know how far to go chasing which visions. It's less exhausting just sticking to the facts as we know them.

This guy ISN'T an RSO which IS interesting...
    Last edited by tarabull; 12-11-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    KINDLY NOTE: Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy any post made by me.
    Further, my posts are merely my humble opinion unless otherwise supported by a linked source for back-up. Thank you.

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tarabull View Post
    G'morning everyone

Hi sad....hope that once she went to bed, you go control over the thermostat at mom's house. LOL THAT was funny, yes there is a fine line between HOT and COLD....I WONDER which side of the line LE are on?!?!??!

ONLY 2 weeks until Christmas! Do you think this case will be solved and the perp behind bars by then?!?!?!?

Sorry - the point of my post - to add to the "argues with friend" - wasn't it more than that??????????? I mean didn't we hear about Somer being hit in the head with a book bag or back pack?????

ANYONE remember that?!?!? Should I find a link???
    I thought it was S. who hit ( another child, usually stated as ST), before running or walking away.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    I thought it was S. who hit ( another child, usually stated as ST), before running or walking away.
    WOW, going to dig and find the link so we can confirm.....

YOU KNOW, if it was Somer that struck the other kid, I think of that kid getting home - possibly upset - and saying to their mother or father "Somer Thompson hit me!"

How might that go over????

If Somer was the one struck, did that kid leave the "tiff" at that? Or were they not yet done with her - so to speak?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

WOW, going to dig and find the link so we can confirm.....

YOU KNOW, if it was Somer that struck the other kid, I think of that kid getting home - possibly upset - and saying to their mother or father "Somer Thompson hit me!"

How might that go over????

If Somer was the one struck, did that kid leave the "tiff" at that? Or were they not yet done with her - so to speak?
    Right. And if that kid was ST,jr.?
    Last edited by houndstooth; 12-11-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: to clarify

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

Right. And if that kid was ST?
    Regardless.........it fits with my angle.

My #1 choice - STILL sticking with UNDERAGE PERP....related or not.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Regardless.........it fits with my angle.

My #1 choice - STILL sticking with UNDERAGE PERP....related or not.
    Sooooo. You think there might have been a hair-on-fire emergency going on down at that park?

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

Sooooo. You think there might have been a hair-on-fire emergency going on down at that park?
    YOU MEAN "hair-on-fire" because of the way DT reacted?

WELL she should know how her children intereacted....

I'm not saying it was ST but DT would know if it was possible and therefore, what you are saying could be so.

ALL I'm saying is the perp is UNDERAGE and I believe that more and more everyday.

IMO the silence says more than any thing they've told us.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Then why ask him to wait for the kids if he couldn't be trusted for just a few hours after school? He was supposedly an "indigo" adult. Well versed in dealing with "indigo children", and presumably regular kids, too.
    He did not strike me as being overreacting according to the MPR. And we do not know if the siblings were overly concerned either by S. not coming directly home. We do not know if PC came at the time stated, either.
    It may have been he arrived sooner, while AT was still out looking and that is why he only picked up ST. But, it would seem that he would have passed them before he got very far, because his time of leaving and her time arriving with LE in tow is roughly 5 minutes.

She is said to have gone directly to the park first, even though she would have had to pass by her own house going down Debarry to get to the park.
    The most normal thing to do in the world would be to stop in long enough to find out what is going on from everyone before going to the park or anywhere else. But, if she did so neither she, nor Sp, nor PC, nor the children mention it in the report. If it had been out of her way to go home before going to the park, then fine, but, if you were driving right by there.....it is a question that stands out to me.
    HM???HM???HM??? Very curious indeed!

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

YOU MEAN "hair-on-fire" because of the way DT reacted?

WELL she should know how her children intereacted....

I'm not saying it was ST but DT would know if it was possible and therefore, what you are saying could be so.

ALL I'm saying is the perp is UNDERAGE and I believe that more and more everyday.

IMO the silence says more than any thing they've told us.
    I'm just curious why you think an underage perp would have silence more than any other perp?

43. The Following User Says Thank You to human For This Useful Post:

Right. And if that kid was ST?
    I've wondered if ST got into a fight IN school, and had to stay after for detention. I've also wondered if ST was in the same class as the little girl ST walked home with...

Also, I've thought about Somer going in through the gate of the Gano House. I think she must have done it before, so it wasn't a big deal.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pingpong For This Useful Post:

"I'm shocked that this could happen in this type of community," Somer's maternal great-grandmother, Marie Spires of New Richmond, Ohio, said Saturday. "And that no one would see or hear anything."

An autopsy has been completed and investigators know how Somer died, but authorities won't disclose their findings or any details about the body.

Spires said she doesn't know how the little girl died.

Family and friends described Somer as a friendly little girl who rode her scooter around the neighborhood.

"She never met a stranger. She was very friendly," said Robert O'Cain, a neighbor. "She was always looking for other kids to play with."

Tina Justyna said her daughter, 11, would often go to the library with Somer at school — and the pair would look at books about kittens and puppies. Her daughter is devastated that Somer is gone, she said.

"I don't let her watch the news," Justyna said. "She lost one of the few friends she had."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569515,00.html

Two things from this news report:

1) The name of Somer's great-grandma - M. Spires. (was someone asking about that yesterday...)

2) I didn't realize Somer was one of TJ's daughter's only friends (as per TJ).....

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    I'm just curious why you think an underage perp would have silence more than any other perp?
    Aren't there rules about the release of information in protecting those underage????

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast