1026 users online (227 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OK - Jamison Family; Truck, IDs, money, & dog found abandoned, Oct 2009 - #2

Please Continue Here
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 09:20 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Is there anyone local who might be able to provide the exact latitude and longitude of where the truck was found?
    Thanks in advance.....

Sherilynn Jamison

Bob Jamison, Bobby's dad, passed away Dec. 10.

http://agentfuneralhome.com/z_Jamison_BD.html

I'm not sure why Sherilynn's name isn't mentioned in the notice.

Wow. I didn't see cause of death mentioned. Or I may have just missed it. Do you know how/why he died June?? Thanks.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

Quote Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
    Wow. I didn't see cause of death mentioned. Or I may have just missed it. Do you know how/why he died June?? Thanks.
    I don't know how he died, and many times they don't mention it in the obits.

He had been in a nursing home for a few months (even before his son went missing) but I am not exactly sure what for.

It seems the elder Jamison's family didn't care much for the missing wife/daughter-in-law, judging from her omission in the obituary. There has been no local activity in this case for several weeks.
    Last edited by theavenger; 12-14-2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Reality is stranger than fiction.

What a bizarre story story. Actually in the obit it doesn't mention the spouses of any of his 5 sisters or 2 brother. Probably just the way it was written.

These things do tend to happen when you deal with Okies.
    Last edited by theavenger; 12-14-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Reality is stranger than fiction.

Hi there,
    I finally caught up reading all of the first thread ... great sleuthing!

I did notice an interesting comment on Topix (I know, I know) from one of the links listed earlier http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufa...E8JPOI/p6#c131
    Buddy from Tulsa in post #131 says: Think maybe they LE & OSBI need to take a tour of Castaway Cove area and start digging around over there and see what is going on. Sounds like a good place to start! Read about some of the "going ons" around there and you will see why. I wouldn't want to step foot around there if you know what I mean! Check it out!
    And #134 "Okla Mom" replied
    once had a package to deliver there it was creepy,Could not wait to get out of there,Barbed wire all around this place.With the keep out sign you know,Scary.
    And, as an aside if you're following the Gary Arrington story from the same area (went missing Nov 14) ... I'm sorry to say he was found in his wrecked truck, dead, from an apparent auto accident. At least his loved ones will know what happened to Gary. http://www.kjrh.com/mostpopular/stor...uD2jAbl0Q.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by wadahoot View Post
    Hi there,
    I finally caught up reading all of the first thread ... great sleuthing!

I did notice an interesting comment on Topix (I know, I know) from one of the links listed earlier http://www.topix.com/forum/city/eufa...E8JPOI/p6#c131
    And #134 "Okla Mom" replied
    Respectfully snipped

I wonder what that "scary package" was.. Topix has a lot of caca de toro on it, however i don't think it would hurt for LE to search different areas mentioned at the least to rule them out.
    It's good to see the Jamison family has a second thread. A family doesn't just go missing into thin air. Does anyone know who they were dealing with to look/buy the land they were looking at? Was it one property or a couple they were going to cover that day?
    The locals there knew why they were there yet the truck wasn't reported for over.. 2 weeks?? (please correct me if the length of time was off i can't remember exactly).
    I wonder if the local that finally reported the truck was one of the same that also talked to the family. Not that word doesn't go around quickly in such a small area.
    If it is possible, and this has been mentioned before, that the husband had a lot more money on him than that was found in the car; and locals knew why they were there, maybe someone took the majority of cash and left the bit that was there (or cash was hidden in 2 seperate locations and they didn't find the cash that was left).

If word got around by locals why the family was there, perhaps the wrong person heard and decided to take advantage of them...
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

Well finally they at least get some publicity even if no answers have been obtained.
    http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-...,1686074.story

The sheriff of Latimer (sp?) County wouldn't return the phone call made by the news station. Surely, he could have said something, even if it was to say no progress had been made in the case.

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    Well finally they at least get some publicity even if no answers have been obtained.

The sheriff of Latimer (sp?) County wouldn't return the phone call made by the news station. Surely, he could have said something, even if it was to say no progress had been made in the case.
    Even the locals are uncomfortable with the sheriff department's lack of info (and not using the local news as a perfect source to get the word out).

With all the talk we've been having about the area where they went missing and the numerous odd famillies in the area, I especially found these two comments at the end of the link interesting:
    (this person is from Oklahoma City) Red oak is a no where place, lots of crazys in those hills around there, Hope they find them
    (and a person from Newalla, OK said) Seriously i was going to say something snarky about you being new to Little Dixie. All my life i've heard stories about folks disappearing around that area, never to be seen again and then forgotten. I pray they don't forget about this family and what could be happening in these mountains. There is a reason this area was an outlaw haven. And that's all i'll say.
    And, one comment really caught my eye, because, as far as I know, we haven't touched on this possibility at all
    Could they possibly be in the witness protection program?
    More food for thought!

Missing Eufaula family
    Marika Lorraine Reporting KFOR
    December 23, 2009

EUFAULA, OK -- The holidays are a time for loved ones to be together, but Niki Shenold worries her best friend's family has been forgotten. 44-year-old Bobby Jamison, his 40-year-old wife, Sherilyn, and their 6-year-old daughter, Madyson have been missing since October 7th.

The family's truck was found near the town of Red Oak in Latimer County.

Investigators found a small dog, cell phones, a global positioning system, maps, shoes, jackets, and cash inside the truck.

More than 300 volunteers searched the heavily-wooded area nearby for weeks with no results.

Shenold is Sherilyn's best friend. The two met in 1998 in the metro, bonded over books, and the friendship took off.

Shenold says, "Our daughters were born exactly one month apart and they were best friends as well."

The Jamison's had a lake house in Eufaula and loved it so much they moved there full time.

Shenold says, "They were good people. People are speculating about drug deals and this or that, but they just were people trying to live. I don't know what to think, I mean it's as if they stepped out of the truck and vanished."

After weeks of unsuccessful searches, Shenold says she's convinced the family is gone for good.

She says she wants to grieve, but can't because she does not know where Sherilyn, Bobby, and young Madyson are located

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Bumping for Bobby, Sherrilynn, and Madyson

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast