1266 users online (289 members and 977 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Joy C. Haahr, 13, Rock Falls, 7 Dec 2009

<snipped>

ROCK FALLS Police say 13-year-old Rock Falls girl missing since Monday was taken from her school by her mother's 43-year-old boyfriend.

Friends and classmates told police this morning that Joy C. Haahr left school early Monday with Eric L. Sterson, a Cook County man paroled from Dixon Correctional Center last year. They may be headed to California or Louisiana.

Joy is 5-foot-3, 100 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, a black-and-red-striped sweater and blue jeans; she also has a left ear piercing, police said.

Sterson is 5 -foot-9, with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has several aliases, including James L. Ramirez, Thomas Halfman and Eric Smith. Joy and her mother, Mary Haahr, know him as Eric Smith, Kuelper said.

The two might be headed to California or Louisiana in Sterson's red 1996 Ford F150 pickup, Illinois license plate number 87086U, Keulper said.

Anyone with information is asked to call Rock Falls police, 815-625-2151.

http://www.saukvalley.com/articles/2...8efa/index.xml
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Joy C. Haahr,13, is missing. She was last seen on December 7, 2009. Joy has one ear that is pierced. When Joy was last seen, she was wearing a black striped sweater and blue jeans. Investigators were originally treating her disappearance as a runaway case. However, witnesses tell police they last saw Joy with a male friend of her mothers.
    Authorities are looking for 43 year-old Eric L. Smith. They think he's heading to California or Louisiana with the thirteen year old. Smith is 5'9 with hazel eyes and has several alias'. He's also wanted on a residential burglary warrant.
    Smith drives a red 1996 Ford F150 pickup truck, with Illinois plate number 57086U.
    If you have any information contact Rock Falls PD at (815) 622-1140, or your local police, or 911

Article and picture -

ETA: Please note: This article doesn't mention any other name except Smith, the name she knew him by. Let's hope an amber alert is issued for this child!

http://peace4missing.ning.com/group/...ource=activity
    Last edited by eyes4crime; 12-10-2009 at 06:16 AM. Reason: ETA
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

Oh great, another mother choosing a pedophile for a boyfriend. When will these women realize their children need to come first, and that they do not need a man in their life to complete them? After Rowan was murdered, I came to have no tolerance for women like this. Sending positive thoughts Joyce's way ----> hope she is found safe and sound today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Oh great, another mother choosing a pedophile for a boyfriend. When will these women realize their children need to come first, and that they do not need a man in their life to complete them? After Rowan was murdered, I came to have no tolerance for women like this. Sending positive thoughts Joyce's way ----> hope she is found safe and sound today.
    I have to agree with you here. I know that a law that requires single parents to do background checks on prospective new mates sounds really Big Brother...but dernit, something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

Do we know if this man is a "pedophile"? Maybe this mother was unaware that her boyfriend has a criminal history.
    Last edited by Patty G; 12-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Do we know if this man is a "pedophile"? Maybe this mother was unaware that her boyfriend has a criminal history.

i would like to believe that it is all as innocent as that, i could see if she was only slightly acquainted with this guy maybe she wouldnt have picked up on the criminal vibes coming off this guy -- idk, just ticks me off, its her job to know & CARE who she is subjecting her child to. so, either he is a pedophile or pizzed at the mother for whatever reasons and is now going to hurt her her child or BOTH. he is a seasoned criminal and i really hate to think of all the rotten things this guy could have up his sleeve. im south of this location but i have not heard anything about this...i wrote down the info but this was THREE days ago, if they were headed south thru here they are probably long gone by now! i will keep my eyes peeled though. she is a really pretty girl--ugh :/ pray, pray & pray some more

Wonder why no amber alert?

This commenter seems to think the mom was abusive? Wonder if that's why no alert?
    doesn't make sense, they have all the info to issue one.

http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=11649813#

How did this guy pick up this child early from school without it being first prearranged by the childs mother?

NO ONE but myself can pick up my child without it first being prearranged in writing. They will not take a call, it MUST be in writing nd if the school is not familiar with this person by face( meaning they saw grandma and grandpa picking up older siblings or cousins over the years) they must show id. Even if my son is going for a play date after school with another child, IT MUST STILL BE IN WRITING.

So what happened here that the school ALLOWED the child to leave with this man early?
    ETA: And if he showed up to pick up this child early, why didn't the school first call mom?
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-10-2009 at 12:03 PM.

All good questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    How did this guy pick up this child early from school without it being first prearranged by the childs mother?

NO ONE but myself can pick up my child without it first being prearranged in writing. They will not take a call, it MUST be in writing nd if the school is not familiar with this person by face( meaning they saw grandma and grandpa picking up older siblings or cousins over the years) they must show id. Even if my son is going for a play date after school with another child, IT MUST STILL BE IN WRITING.

So what happened here that the school ALLOWED the child to leave with this man early?
    ETA: And if he showed up to pick up this child early, why didn't the school first call mom?

maybe she just left the school on her own without any of the school officials being aware that she had left? maybe during a break or between classes, since the friends say they witnessed her leaving with him?? how early was it? i must of missed the time...

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...36838&seqNum=1

this has her as an endangered runaway...

well, hopefully im wrong about this guys intent. if the mother is abusive...it looks like maybe he is just a thief. i wonder who the poster is that posted this info? should that be reported to the cops? or would they already be aware?

Last edited by nervous_nellie; 12-10-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: eta link

Quote Originally Posted by nervous_nellie View Post
    well, hopefully im wrong about this guys intent. if the mother is abusive...it looks like maybe he is just a thief. i wonder who the poster is that posted this info? should that be reported to the cops? or would they already be aware?

WOW that would be a happy twist if he thought he was saving her and that was the ONLY reason he took her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast