TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Previous threads:
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Watch live here:Or here:
http://www.wate.com/global/Category.asp?c=173163

(These are unedited video feeds of the trial, likely to contain graphic testimony, images, and descriptions of a violent crime. Please be advised.)
Full Coverage and Background info:Videos:
Twitter links:
Jamie Satterfield - Knoxville News Sentinel:
http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

WBIR:
http://twitter.com/wbirymartinez

WATE:
http://twitter.com/gpatterson12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Names for reference:
Victims:
Chris Newsom
Channon Christian

Judge:
Richard Baumgartner

Attorneys for Prosecution:
Takisha Fitzgerald, AKA "TK"
Leland Price

Defense attorneys:
Thomas Dillard
Stephen Johnson

Parents:
Hugh and Mary Newsom
Gary and Deena Christian

Good morning. Here's to justice for Chris and Channon and a measure of peace for their families. :coffee:

wbirymartinez Twittered:

jury begins deliberating at 836 Thursday morning on thomas sentence

December 10, 2009 08:47:08 am

No activity in the courtroom since I loaded it at 7:45 my time, so I'm not sure what, if anything, they said in court before the jury went to deliberate.

They've already been deliberating for 50 minutes... I bet they have a sentence ready within another hour or two.

I hear voices in the courtroom now, but I doubt it's meaningful.

I'm listening also Muffet, but haven't heard anything. Do we all agree that GT will most likely receive LWOP?

I see the Newsomes seated in the courtroom.

I haven't seen any tweets that there's a sentence, but the attorneys are seated in the courtroom...

zn4x6w.jpg

And the judge just came in. Court's in session.

For a question???

Yes. The Christians aren't there.

Judge tells the attys that the 2 questions are:

Do we need to fill out 4 sentencing forms?
Do aggravating circumstances need to be read aloud at sentencing?

He's about to bring them now.

Do we need to fill out 4 sentencing forms?
Juror explains that they want to know if they should fill out a form for each victim...
Judge says yes, so it would be two forms for each charge - one for Chris, one for Channon...

As for question 2, do aggravating circumstances need to be read aloud at sentencing, the answer is yes.

I don't understand legal technicalities enough to read anything into those questions, unless finding aggravated circumstances means the DP. :waitasec:

Jamie isn't tweeting yet this morning, but here are the latest from Yvette Martinez at wbir:

• And yes, the aggravating factors have to be read aloud by the foreman when they come back #cntrial 4 minutes ago from web
  • They will need to fill out four verdict forms and they have to come to a unanimous decision on each one #cntrial 4 minutes ago from web
  • The jury does not appear to be emotional as they get answers to their questions #cntrial 5 minutes ago from web

I don't understand legal technicalities enough to read anything into those questions, unless finding aggravated circumstances means the DP. :waitasec:

Morning everyone, just checking in to see if there is any word yet.

Wow that's kind of what it sounds like to me, I would be shocked if he got the DP, but I like being shocked.

I'm listening also Muffet, but haven't heard anything. Do we all agree that GT will most likely receive LWOP?
I thought so.

It sounds like they're done deliberating the decision, if they're already at the form-filling stage.

The question could be interpreted to mean that its death, and wonder if once they find that, do they have to continue to the others. Who knows.

It's notable that it took the Davidson jury 4 hours of deliberation to sentence him to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10