1069 users online (200 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Lassen County, WhtFem 378UFCA, 35-45, Near Poison Lake, Jun'95

I've been working on this case and have come up with a possible match.

378UFCA - Lassen County CA - White Female Over 18. Most likely 35 - 45 years old.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/378ufca.html

Jennifer C. Gordon

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._jennifer.html

Consistencies:

• Height - UID about 5'0, J. Gordon 5'1

• Timeframe - UID Est. Death Date Jun94 to Mar95, J. Gordon - Disappeared Oct94

• Ethnicity - UID Caucasion w/possible ethnic mix, J. Gordon - unusual caucasion appearance

• Facial Features - UID - Protruding Ears, "Distinctive" nose, Almond Eyes, straight teeth
      J. Gordon - large nose, possibly prodruding ears, prominent eyes, Teeth unsure - but no apparent overbite
    Inconsistencies:

J. Gordon's age is somewhat below the estimated age range (although not entirely inconsistent). Location of remains is approx 350 miles from Santa Rosa CA. Her HIV positive status and history of crack cocaine usage would seem somewhat inconsistent with the wilderness area in which she was found. Not inconsistent if she was a murder victim, but inconsistent if she wandered off and died of her health conditions. (UID's cause of death is undetermined)

Any comments or other possible matches?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-28-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: prefix, title

I wonder if Jennifer has dentals on file? The picture sure seems to match the description of the Doe. The nose and eyes and even the ears.

I wonder how the ME could tell that the Doe had protruding ears, if only skeletal remains were available?

I think it is worth submitting, or at least calling LE to see if additional information is available that could rule Jennifer in or out.

Good work!

Salem

Looks like a possible match to me.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    I wonder how the ME could tell that the Doe had protruding ears, if only skeletal remains were available?
    The ears and nose consist primarily of cartilage. Aside from bone, Cartilage and other connective tissue are normally the last parts of the body to decompose.

Thank you CarlK - and are you going to submit this possible match? I think you should....

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Thank you CarlK - and are you going to submit this possible match? I think you should....

Salem
    Thanks, Salem. I will call it in tomorrow, and I will keep everyone posted on the response.

Could be a possibility

I left a message with the Lassen County Sheriff's office this morning, but he didn't return my call. Maybe I'll hear from him next week.

Looks like a match to me. Good work, CarlK.

The Lassen County Sheriff didn't return my call. So I tried leaving a message with the Sonoma County Sheriff. Maybe I will get a better response from the missing persons side of the equation.

The Sonoma County Sherriff returned my call, and indicated that Jennifer Gordon's DNA has been submitted into the NCIC database. He said that if there was a match, it would have been determined automatically.

The NCMA profile for the UID indicates "DNA Available: Y".

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200401813S

Am I to presume that this means that it was submitted to the NCIC DNA database?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-16-2009 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    The Sonoma County Sherriff returnied my call, and indicated that Jennifer Gordon's DNA has been submitted into the NCIC database. He said that if there was a match, it would have been determined automatically.

The NCIC profile for the UID indicates "DNA Available: Y".

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200401813S

Am I to presume that this means that it was submitted to the NCIC DNA database?
    I hope someone out there answers this, because I have asked the same questions.? And your match looks awful good to me. A petite woman with a larger type nose is a good catch! They don't often go hand in hand.

The Lassen County Sheriff e-mailed me back and said that the DNA on the UID was entered in CODIS. So I guess that means no match.

I suppose it also means that we should not be bothering with possible matches where both the MP and UID indicate "DNA available" or "DNA entered in CODIS".
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-16-2009 at 02:46 PM.

you could also note to the ME that Jennifer had a large hump in her back, as indicated in her profile - I would think this would be caused by spinal curvature, which an ME could determine by analyzing the bones, assuming that they have her back/spinal column. I didn't read the whole UID profile - did they find a complete skeleton?
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

I could not find this one in NAMUS, but I found a very similar one that was found on June 21, 1995 in San Bernadino County. I don't know CA geography so I don't know if that's anywhere near Lassen. Could this be her NAMUS profile and the dates are off?

https://identifyus.org/cases/2531
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast