"Make him stop" - Casey to Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.

darnudes

Inactive
Reaction score
This remark made (I think) by Casey to Mr Baez and his response "I can't" was one of the most fascinating things to come out of today's trial.

Did she honestly think that Mr Baez could or should have been able to make Mr Aston stop talking?

I'm seriously doubting that this girl has any grasp on reality and understanding of what she heading for when this case goes to trial. I do remember hearing talk a while back that Casey had her hopes pinned on a mistrial.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mr Baez has not been completely honest with his client?

Does Casey believe this would never get to trial or if it did it she would get off on a mistrial? And if so who gave her those ideas?

It left me wondering if Casey only realised today, for the first time, what she is up against. All the evidence is going to come out and she is going to have to sit there and take it all in.

I don't see how she will make it through the trial if this is a percursor of things to come.

This remark made (I think) by Casey to Mr Baez and his response "I can't" was one of the most fascinating things to come out of today's trial.

Did she honestly think that Mr Baez could or should have been able to make Mr Aston stop talking?

I'm seriously doubting that this girl has any grasp on reality and understanding of what she heading for when this case goes to trial. I do remember hearing talk a while back that Casey had her hopes pinned on a mistrial.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mr Baez has not been completely honest with his client?

Does Casey believe this would never get to trial or if it did it she would get off on a mistrial? And if so who gave her those ideas?

It left me wondering if Casey only realised today, for the first time, what she is up against. All the evidence is going to come out and she is going to have to sit there and take it all in.

I don't see how she will make it through the trial if this is a percursor of things to come.

nope......it was just calculated drama

Yes, I agree. From the beginning I have thought that Jose has sugar coated the situation to Casey.

In Jose's previous murder trial, Nilton Diaz was reportedly told the same thing. Nilton reported that Jose assured him that he wouldn't be convicted, and low and behold he was. This report comes from the family of Diaz as well.

I have always felt that he has operated in much the same way with Casey. I just don't hold much confidence in Jose honestly laying out the possible outcome of this trial. IMO, a responsible defense atty owes his client this much. Guarantees can not be made, especially when the stakes are this high.

Now it could be possible that Casey is the one pushing for a jury trial, but I feel that if her attorneys were completely honest about her chances, she might consider a plea deal.

I noticed a real change of demeanor in Casey today too. I am just not sure if that's because she is realizing, for the first time the seriousness of the situation, or if she is shocked that a guilty verdict is a distinct possibility. Who knows what her lawyers have fed her and who knows how much of that she has chosen to ignore.

When we heard the comment "make him stop" and the camera finally went back on to the defense table, Casey was turned away from Baez. He then pulled her over to say something and I think the flash of anger displayed by Casey was for Baez - she was peed off big time and I think at him. There were a series of emotions that ran across her face, anger, annoyance, resignation and defeat.

This girl seems to be in complete denial about where she is and what is going on.

Video kindly posted on youtube by Patty.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9UECWMtKeA&feature=related[/ame]

2.00 min mark for Casey reaction.

Regardless if JB has been telling her the State has nothing and they will win, which I do believe was his song, don't forget Lyons is there now. I would think Lyons would and has told the client the severity of the matter. Look how many times Lyons said "they want to kill my client."

Casey is probably thinking more like a small child does on Christmas Eve, I hope Santa brings that special toy I want. In other words, Casey may have hoped AL could talk the case away and Casey will walk. (Guess she is finding out it does not work that way.)

All IMOO.

When we heard the comment "make him stop" and the camera finally went back on to the defense table, Casey was turned away from Baez. He then pulled her over to say something and I think the flash of anger displayed by Casey was for Baez - she was peed off big time and I think at him. There were a series of emotions that ran across her face, anger, annoyance, resignation and defeat.

This girl seems to be in complete denial about where she is and what is going on.

I really believe she is not used to being called out like this. Her whole life has been filled with excuses, a lack of consequences for her behaviors. In other words, she has never had to pay the price for messing up. I think this is the first time she has ever been called to task. It's a major form of punishment that she is facing, but I think her parents set some of this in motion by not being consistent with discipline. Thats my take on it.

Yeah, she looks surprised, but I imagine, at age 23, I would be surprised too, if my first real consequence was being handed down by the state of FL, via a murder charge.

Reality bite or slapped KC:croc: very hard yesterday and it's about time!! She wanted her attorney's to say the magic word (objection) and make JA stop like she and CA have done for years and control the situation! Guess what KC? You're not on Hopesprings Dr. anymore!! Your lawyers can't shut the SA up (without a valid legal reason) like you and your mother shut up GA!
I think KC's lose of control and hearing the ugly truth caused KC to breakdown yesterday. She couldn't shout, threaten to leave, or order anyone else to stop-she was very "frushtrated" :banghead:and those were tears of frustration cause for the first time in her life she has realized that she is going to be held accountable and that means at the very least HER life, as she knew it, is forever over.:snooty:

HONESTLY, COULDN'T IT BE ARGUED . . . .

That her reaction is that of a mother who is reacting to the grisley details of her daughters death? I just keep wondering that. I've read many comments supporting the prosecution here, but shouldn't a mother cry when hearing how her child died??

It's just a question to ponder, though I actually DO support the possibility that her tears are totally self-serving, or even her grasping the reality of her situation for the very first time.

CONGRATS and THANKS to all you sleuths who caught the "make him stop" in the audio. All I can say is WOW, what ears you have! I'm truly impressed.

At 2.34 on that tape when Mr Ashton says, 'a juror might conclude that she must have been restrained, either chemically or physically,' KC grabs her own wrist for a brief second, and the way she does it looks significant to me.

I tried to call in to HLN, JVM, and the NG show last night but no luck. I posted the following on NG's Blog in hopes she reads it.

I just hope that someone else caught on to this as well. Casey's reaction and tears were from anger/not getting her way.
Not getting her way and not being able to walk away as some have said. She demanded that Baez make JA stop and he couldn't so what else was Casey to do?

If you look back at Casey's jail visit from Aug 08 I think, where she displayed her anger. Put the pictures side by side, they are exactly alike "IMO".
Wish I knew how to add them here so we can compare.
It was all about her as always. Well, right before the crocodile tear came she displayed that same reaction. Then Baez leaned over to her and said something and that is when she broke out the tears. I also caught when she asked the defense to make JA stop twice. The tears came when they were discussing the DP. So, again this is not about Caylee..or any remorse.
It's about Casey and Casey saving her rear. She did not cry when Caylee was out of her life the first seconds, minutes, hours, or days, and that whole month that she did not report her missing. She did not cry when she spoke with 911 about Caylee being kidnapped, she did not cry when she lead LE to Universal, she did not cry over Caylee at any time and still has not.
As for AL, well I was not impressed with her what so ever. Maybe Casey was already getting frustrated early on. I did.... I did notice Casey roll her eyes once when AL was finished talking about the Jail Videos and Family Visits. If this is how AL will be during trial I feel the jury will be put to sleep.

All my opinion and the way I viewed it of course..

HONESTLY, COULDN'T IT BE ARGUED . . . .

That her reaction is that of a mother who is reacting to the grisley details of her daughters death? I just keep wondering that. I've read many comments supporting the prosecution here, but shouldn't a mother cry when hearing how her child died??

It's just a question to ponder, though I actually DO support the possibility that her tears are totally self-serving, or even her grasping the reality of her situation for the very first time.

CONGRATS and THANKS to all you sleuths who caught the "make him stop" in the audio. All I can say is WOW, what ears you have! I'm truly impressed.

I agree that a mother should cry when grisley details of their child are being spoken. A mother should also cry when their child is missing.
IMO, a mother that truly is innocent of their child's kidnapping/death would be crying from the start and calling 911 the second their child is out of their sight. In this case, Casey did none of the above. She didn't even cry when she spoke to the 911 dispatcher the day "Cindy" called 911 to report Caylee missing - the smell of death in Casey's car, and that was 31 days later. That is why I don't buy that she is crying over how Caylee died. But you do make a good point. JMO:truce:

I have always wondered if in KC's own mind, she's starring in her own movie, or maybe soap opera, and that none of this is really real. She's managed to manipulate and direct others all her life and simply branched out last year.
She likely has been lying and stealing from her immediate family since she was about 6 years old and rather than take charge of the situation, her parents turned a blind eye rather than provoke her anger. When she tells people to stop they have in the past or she's stormed out the way her parents did yesterday. Lying isn't illegal in her world and she was never introduced to the concept of morality.
Caylee wasn't real, nobody is real but KC and whoever she's hooked up with at the moment IMO.
'Make him stop' = Cut, only this isn't a movie and the judge is the director.
Poor Casey so unprepared for life. Red flags all over the place and nobody noticing or caring until she ended up here.
Caylee thankfully, has been spared from years of cumulative dysfunction, abuse and neglect IMHO.

I just KNOW I should read to the end of this thread first.... BUT I believe that KC is a true sociopath. If anything, I believe her look of anger was more akin to the truth than her tears... to me, she is incapable of remorse or loss of a loved child.... only anger at not getting her way - anger that no one will shut up. I was somewhat ill yesterday listening to the HLN talking heads comment "where was this emotion earlier"; "why hadn't she shown this side of herself before"... to me - there is NO sadness of loss, no horror of what might have happened to a beloved child in her last moments... only whatever drama seems appropriate to her at the time. I wlil believe, until proven otherwise, that the tears were drama with a tad of frustration for not getting her way. Time will tell - if guilty of this crime (which I think she is), I hope she suffers this same frustration for a long, long time. Sorry all... just hada say it.

The "make him stop" reminded me of her reaction when she didn't like what Leonard Padilla was saying to her at their first meeting, and she ordered him out of 'her' house.

If something is not agreeable to her, she likes them/it to go away. Kind of like what she did to Caylee.

Maybe that "Make It Stop" was because she didn't want her parents to hear a possible scenario of how she murdered Caylee. Does she not realize that it's all coming out at trial? That yesterday was just a taste? I guess she does now.

Maybe that "Make It Stop" was because she didn't want her parents to hear a possible scenario of how she murdered Caylee. Does she not realize that it's all coming out at trial? That yesterday was just a taste? I guess she does now.
I wonder if her breakdown (if you can call it that) was really for her parents. I think it was for Casey...I think she is finally realizing that she is in DEEP and noone, not mom or dad, can throw her a life raft.

I tried to call in to HLN, JVM, and the NG show last night but no luck. I posted the following on NG's Blog in hopes she reads it.

I just hope that someone else caught on to this as well. Casey's reaction and tears were from anger/not getting her way.
Not getting her way and not being able to walk away as some have said. She demanded that Baez make JA stop and he couldn't so what else was Casey to do?

If you look back at Casey's jail visit from Aug 08 I think, where she displayed her anger. Put the pictures side by side, they are exactly alike "IMO".
Wish I knew how to add them here so we can compare.
It was all about her as always. Well, right before the crocodile tear came she displayed that same reaction. Then Baez leaned over to her and said something and that is when she broke out the tears. I also caught when she asked the defense to make JA stop twice. The tears came when they were discussing the DP. So, again this is not about Caylee..or any remorse.
It's about Casey and Casey saving her rear. She did not cry when Caylee was out of her life the first seconds, minutes, hours, or days, and that whole month that she did not report her missing. She did not cry when she spoke with 911 about Caylee being kidnapped, she did not cry when she lead LE to Universal, she did not cry over Caylee at any time and still has not.
As for AL, well I was not impressed with her what so ever. Maybe Casey was already getting frustrated early on. I did.... I did notice Casey roll her eyes once when AL was finished talking about the Jail Videos and Family Visits. If this is how AL will be during trial I feel the jury will be put to sleep.

All my opinion and the way I viewed it of course..
Great post!
Re bolded above by me. When I saw that video again last night I noticed the exact same thing. On another thread someone froze a frame from the hearing after JB whispered something to KC and before she started dabbing the kleenex. It was a moment of pure rage and the look was identical to the jail video you mentioned.
Re AL. She came across like a professor. Her students at whatever University may need to know all about the different statutes and interpretations of this and that in the 37 states that have the DP but a Florida jury won't and none of it will be relevant anyway. I thought the state was very tolerant in allowing her to go on and on.
I got a kick out of her claims that the mitigating factor re age and the convicted having been in a position of custody and power over the victim was only applied in murders of the elderly, and then to go on about a birth certificate blah, blah. All 2 yo's are under custodial power in the eyes of the law. Age has nothing to do with transferred custodial power in the case of an adult and the jury isn't stupid.
She also showed poor critical thinking IMO in her claims there was no evidence of trauma or abuse to the skeletal remains therefore no trauma or abuse. If a child is repeatedly slapped in the face, suffocated with duct tape, kicked in the gut or doused with scalding water and called a snot nosed brat, and dies as a result, there won't be skeletal trauma. I find it hard to believe a lawyer of her supposed stature would need to stoop that low. Certainly she doesn't believe the Judge to be that stupid??

If you watch the jail visit videos, listen to the jail call audios, read GA, CA, and LA statements, interviews, and depositions, what you see is that for years, over and over and over and over, nobody but nobody is ever permitted to say or question in KC's presence any of her wrongdoings.

This is what she's well used to, this is what she expects. Her fury at the beginning of Ashton's statement, and her 'make him stop', are exactly the same reactions she always has when confronted even in a very mild manner with simple questions laced with terms of endearment ('sweetheart').

Of course KC demanded that her attorney make Ashton stop. Ashton was daring to do what is not permitted around KC. Of course KC expected that someone would stop him from speaking of her wrongdoings - someone always does.

When fury and demands didn't work, a whisper from her attorney, likely cautioning her to 'zip it', she cried with angry frustration. Her parents stomped out.

But noone could stop Caylee's story from being told. What a glorious day. The silence is over. Justice for Caylee has begun.

I think her performance was for the cameras. Everyone complains that she doesn't cry when they talk about how Caylee died so now she is going to cry (like she is suppose to) when they describe how Caylee died. She seemed more concerned about the tears smearing her eye makeup and how her hair was than any true grief. If the tears were real I think they were for herself. I think the "make it stop" was because they got too close to the truth and she didn't want to hear reality. She has made up her own story world that she lives in, and this "truth" has no place in her made up world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member