Thread 8
Thread 7
Thread 6
Thread 5
Thread 4
Thread 3
Thread 2
Thread 1

Continue here with discussion on Somer's case.

Post links to SR registry only, do not copy/paste info on SO to this thread, including photographs and inmate details.

Do not post personal information -- name, address, phone number -- of anyone LE has not named as suspect in the murder of Somer Thompson here.

References to minors other than the victim should be initials only (AC, AT, ST). When in doubt about whether you can use someone's name, use initials and provide link to source of information.

Links ONLY to Facebook/MySpace/Twitter pages with description of what you want us to look at. Don't copy and paste information here.

Facts I, Part 2

Because I was running into issues with surpassing the number of characters in this post, I'm going to divide into Facts I (Somer, Diena, Samuel, Sean, C. Perry) and Facts II (Gano House, Law Enforcement, Other People, Garbage, RSOs, Unrelated) and the Part number will change as we go.

Please do not quote whole post. Bring a correction or addition to my attention with copy/paste.

Credit goes to many WS members. These are facts as reported by media and/or from the MPR. Links to source where available.

SOMER
· Somer Thompson was 7 when she disappeared on October 19.
· Somer was wearing a cranberry jump suit (sweat suit) with a matching top to the bottom and pink satin stripes down the sides of arms and legs, and a black shirt underneath and blue and gray socks and rainbow tennis shoes. (Diena Thompson Addresses the Media)
· Somer and her siblings got ride to school in the morning and walked in the afternoon with 50-70 kids See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer was born April 5, 2002.
· Somer did not wander off according to her mom in video Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer routinely wandered around and nobody knew where she was, according to a babysitter.
· Somer had run off unattended. MR said running off unattended wasn't anything new for Somer. R., 17, said she baby-sat Somer and her two siblings for a little more than a month this year. ... She said the 7-year-old is headstrong and often jumped ahead of her brother and sister on the way back from school and made her way back by herself. These trips usually took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, and she said Diena Thompson had a list of phone numbers for the parents of Somer's friends in case she was gone for too long.
· Somer wore a red ribbon in her ponytail on October 19.
· Somer was driven to school on October 19 by AB (neighbor), who said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self.
· Somer went to school (GPE) and left school at regular time (2:32 p.m.).
· Somer was released from school at 2:50 p.m. Source
· Somer initially started walking with her friend M. “Minutes before she was walking with this little girl. I mean, yea it's definitely sunk in...It gives me goose bumps...thinking it could have been fifty-fifty, I mean, just like that,” said GC.
· Somer caught up with AT and ST (twin) in the 1100 block of Gano. Source
· AT brought up spat with M., and Somer ran ahead to walk alone.
· An AMBER Alert was issued on Tuesday morning. It does not mention the book bag or lunchbox, but mentions her possibly wearing white hat and scarf. JPG of AMBER Alert
· Somer lived with her mom Diena, her twin brother ST, her older sister AT and her older brother AC. See Diena Thompson Addresses The Media.
· Somer's body was found at Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, GA. She was tentatively identified by her clothing and a birthmark.
· Somer's lunchbox and book bag (see sketches as released by LE and shown on AMW) have not been found. Details first reported on AMW November 7. (Previous reports had not mentioned lunchbox; backpack/book bag was described several ways, now believed to be in error, including but not limited to “black book bag”; “pink black and white backpack with skulls, hearts, and crossbones”; “purple HM backpack”)

DIENA THOMPSON
· Diena and Samuel Thompson are estranged and in the process of divorcing.
· Diena has a live-in boyfriend (CPC, who goes by P).
· Diena said she had lunch at her home on October 19 with SAP, a family friend.
· Diena asked SAP to wait until the kids got home from school. (from narrative MPR, but what was he to do after that?)
· Dena texts SAP around 4 p.m., asking how the kids were; SAP replied that Somer had not come home with the other kids.
· Diena leaves work early to search for Somer.
· Diena felt something was wrong this time, and this is why she responded quickly to news of Somer not making it home that day.
· Diena calls her boyfriend, CPC aka Perry, at about 4:20 p.m., tells him Somer didn’t come home, and asks him to leave work to help search for her.
· Diena stops at OPAA to pick up oldest son AC.
· Diena flags down D/S A. Coan at the corner of Floyd Circle West and Gano, and reports Somer missing.
· Diena says that ST (twin) lagged behind to talk to a friend. (watch video that page too)."I know that ST had lagged behind talking to a friend," Diena Thompson told "GMA." "And AT and Somer were together and that -- I'm not sure what happened. Somer got teased a lot. ... She ran ahead, and AT just figured she'd catch up with her. And when she got to the second crossing guard Somer wasn't there.

SAMUEL THOMPSON

· Samuel lives in North Carolina and has not seen Somer in 2 years.
· Samuel came to FL on the Sunday after Somer's disappearance.
· Samuel says soot was found on Somer’s body in NG interview). (Later, he recants that statement through relative on WS because the source of this information, his sister LH, is thought to be unreliable.)

SEAN A. P. (SAP)
· Source unless otherwise noted is MPR Narrative.
· SAP is a close family friend.
· SAP is said to have had lunch with Diena at her house on October 19 (stated by Diena).
· SAP is asked to wait at house until kids come home from school. (not sure what he was to do after they came home).
· SAP had not been asked to do this before. This was his first time.
· SAP asks where Somer is when AT and ST arrived around 3:10 p.m.
· SAP sent AT to look for Somer. When she returned about 15 minutes later without her, SAP told her to look again real good before he called Diena.
· SAP gets text from Diena around 4 p.m. asking how the kids were doing; he texts back that Somer did not come home with the other kids and AT is out looking for her. Diena says she will leave work and come look for Somer.
· SAP changed details on his indigo healing website.

C. PERRY C.
· CPC is Diena's live-in boyfriend.
· CPC gets call about 4:20 p.m. from Diena who tells him Somer didn’t come home; Diena asks him to leave work to help search for her.
· CPC leaves work and drives to the Horton Drive home; arrives at about 5 p.m.
· CPC picks up ST (twin) at the house about 5 p.m. and goes to search for Somer.

Facts II, Part 2

Because I was running into issues with surpassing the number of characters in this post, I'm going to divide into Facts I (Somer, Diena, Samuel, Sean, C. Perry) and Facts II (Gano House, Law Enforcement, Other People, Garbage, RSOs, Unrelated) and the Part number will change as we go.

Please do not quote whole post. Bring a correction or addition to my attention with copy/paste.

Credit goes to many WS members. These are facts as reported by media and/or from the MPR. Links to source where available.

GANO AVENUE HOUSE
· This house caught fire months ago and is being restored.
· Work crews have been at that house.
· VD&B is the contractor working on the house.
· Kyle, who works with the contractor, was there on October 19, and said that Somer came in the yard, told him that he/they were doing a good job on the house, and went back the way she came.
· Kyle is the last person known to see Somer alive.
· There are propane tanks surrounded by a fence about a block the house (toward school).
· J., a minor, was riding his bike home when he saw Somer running around near the tanks and that she he thought she was excited but had a frown on her face.
· OPAA is a park and sporting fields across the street from the house.
· LE searched the house extensively on Thursday and Friday.
· The Gano House was proclaimed a crime scene, as was the search area.

LAW ENFORCEMENT
· LE searched the Gano Avenue house extensively and the men's room at OPAA briefly and came out with a bag.
· An autopsy was performed, and LE knows the cause of death, but that have not released that information.
· Sheriff reports only one person cleared in the investigation into Somer’s death and that is him.
· Investigators made the request / recommendation that Somer's casket be closed.

OTHER PEOPLE
· AB appeared on TV with Sheriff Beseler. Don't want video to play in this post: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/33427923#33427923"]msnbc.com.

· A woman who did not want to be identified told First Coast News that she asked investigators to check the vacant house on Gano Avenue and its dumpster. A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night. She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?

·
A female neighbor (reportedly Anna Braddy), when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to (paraphrased). See post.

· Houses in the vicinity of the Gano house were searched on Tuesday, October 20. The search literally hit home for schools Superintendent Ben Wortham, who lives about 100 yards from the Gano Drive spot where Somer was last seen. About 2 a.m. Tuesday, his house and many others in the vicinity were “searched from top to bottom,” Wortham said.

GARBAGE
· Bruce Owens, suggests to the sheriff that all trash trucks should be followed and searched so they can isolate the trash coming out of this area, the trash trucks are then followed. (Later reported that Joe Jett gets credit for this.)
· Somer was found dead on October 21 in the Chesser Island Landfill in Folkston, Georgia.
· LE followed the trucks to the Chesser Island Landfill.
· There is at least one video of an interview with Diena that is blacked out-significant portion of interview is missing at the point where DT is recalling something from the day. Because it was raw video and they edited out camera man movement?

RSOs
· There are 161 RSOs that live within 5 miles of Somer’s home.
· CWG’s name and contact info appears on the initial police report (in error as a case of mistaken identity) detailing her disappearance, along with the names of family, neighbors, and others.
· The owner of VD&B has a brother who is an RSO. His name is GCV.
· Since Somer disappeared many RSO’s have been arrested for failing to update their addresses.

UNRELATED BUT YET, RELATED
· What was thought to be an attempted abduction 10 days before Somer's disappearance turned out not to be an attempted abduction and was not related to Somer's disappearance according to LE. Even after LE said there was no connection, reports on blue Nissans poured in to the CCSO.

· A police report in the Clay County Daily indicated that 4 burglary suspects were arrested at the Thompson home. LE later said that the address was in error and gave this explanation: An officer who was at the Thompson home was called to an unrelated burglary call and made the arrest of 4 individuals but when he filed his report, he forgot to change the address. If you check the Clay County Daily for 10/21, you will find the correct information now.

· CWG's name on the MPR was a result of mistaken identity according to LE.

oops... we moved. Here's my post from the previous thread.

Since ya'll are sleuthing news link comments, and new names, I thought I'd throw one at you.

My grandkids will be here any minute, and I could use the change of pace.

I've got Trans-Siberian rockin on the iTunes :)

Here's the link. Check the top comment left... it's pretty random.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21554258/detail.html

I think I will be stuck in the previous thread for a while... haha those comments are a real deep pit to me.

Some thoughts without quoting the posts (sorrY)

Sorrell,
No need to worry friend.. Im not venturing into the woods any time soon and after the list of woods from cam, I was thinking I couldnt possibly tape all that, I dint realize there were so many woods around there. So, no worries, but I will get what i can, if it stops raining..

Hounds THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I know its not proof positive.. but I have believed all along that they found that inital bookbag at home. But of course, they arent saying are they? That was the only reason I could see for them to start over on the description. AND that makes me go hmmmmmmm,,, anyone else?

Im off to play with my beautiful grands... see you all later tonight. Lots to think about.. good sleuthing everyone...

Since ya'll are sleuthing news link comments, and new names, I thought I'd throw one at you.

Bringing my reply to you over, feels like we've gone and put the buggy before the horse.

THAT it really is...rockin! LOVES it!! Enjoy!

Thanks for the link....so have you sleuthed him yet? yes talk about random.....but, ya just never kno.

(pssssssssttttttttttttt.....Did you hear Santa called Tiger a ho 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? shouldn't it be more like 8 or 9 times hahahaha)

Just the name WJ??? Very weird indeed... and very common name.... hmmmmmmmmmmm

This is snipped from my post from previous thread but didn't want it to get lost as a quote Ccane found video that talks about dog losing scent.

... Ccane mentioned source in this post.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4438244&highlight=gano+debarry+scent#post4438244

IT WORKS ! TRY THIS !
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...Dogs+Follow+Scent,+Used+Bedsheets/49318341001

Video Source

OK. it worked for me (Search Dogs Follow Scent, Used Bedsheet 10/21 5 p.m.) ... it's the dog handler talking and how she used bed sheets. Comment at end is that they are not sure that the scent was not Somer's from a previous day.

I tried to choose Copy Link and got this
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...Dogs+Follow+Scent,+Used+Bedsheets/49318341001

No one ever said she ran ahead of her. She stated she walked home with her

I am saying that if LE felt she was near the Gano house then why do you think they have the dogs in the woods and not around gano which you would think would have been the first place they looked.
They know what they are doing and why they are looking there
We just dont know the info they had

EVEN the MPR states: SP said AT told him that while they were walking home together Somer Thompson ran off by herself AHEAD of them.

NOT to mention these few of the many reports by the media:

Oct 21: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/childs-body-found-dump-somer-thompson-vanished/story?id=8883485

[snipped...] She had been walking with her two siblings, including a twin brother, and friend when she got into an argument with another child. Somer walked ahead of the group and was never seen again.

Oct 21: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2309863/somer_thompson_missing_mother_on_today.html?cat=62

[snipped...] Somer Thompson went missing around 3 p.m. Monday afternoon when she was walking home from school. She, her twin brother, her 10-year-old sister and several friends were headed home when Somer and a friend got into a small argument. When Somer's older sister told her to "quit fighting," Somer reportedly got angry and ran ahead of the group. But when everyone got home, Somer had not yet arrived.

Oct 21: http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-florida-girl-somer-thompson-begs-return/story?id=8877337

[snipped...] Somer vanished Monday while on her way home from school with her twin and 10-year-old sister. She had argued with the two other children, Thompson said, and ran ahead of them, far enough that they lost sight of her.

EVEN the MPR states: SP said AT told him that while they were walking home together Somer Thompson ran off by herself AHEAD of them.

NOT to mention these few of the many reports by the media:

Oct 21: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/childs-body-found-dump-somer-thompson-vanished/story?id=8883485

[snipped...] She had been walking with her two siblings, including a twin brother, and friend when she got into an argument with another child. Somer walked ahead of the group and was never seen again.

Oct 21: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2309863/somer_thompson_missing_mother_on_today.html?cat=62

[snipped...] Somer Thompson went missing around 3 p.m. Monday afternoon when she was walking home from school. She, her twin brother, her 10-year-old sister and several friends were headed home when Somer and a friend got into a small argument. When Somer's older sister told her to "quit fighting," Somer reportedly got angry and ran ahead of the group. But when everyone got home, Somer had not yet arrived.

Oct 21: http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/mother-missing-florida-girl-somer-thompson-begs-return/story?id=8877337

[snipped...] Somer vanished Monday while on her way home from school with her twin and 10-year-old sister. She had argued with the two other children, Thompson said, and ran ahead of them, far enough that they lost sight of her.

School out
ran from AT after comment about fight at school
Running by the tanks per boy
Walked home with girl she got in fight with at school per the girl
Scene at Gano and grovepark per connie C
Do we know for sure where the friend lives? Maybe that would point to where she walked. The uncle I think lives on same street as TJ on the police report

Ccane, uncle GC lives on Arbor according to white pages. House is owned by BC. That's why I figured uncle was real uncle and not boyfriend. Had same last name as owner of house.

ETA: Corrected initials from BG to BC.

Ccane posted this in last thread (link to another post).

This is the source I have in the Facts where it says See post ... if anyone figures out what video, let us know!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4322512&postcount=257"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, age 7, missing from Orange Park, thread #3[/ame]

Facts II
· A female neighbor (reportedly Anna Braddy), when questioned about the trash pick-up day, made a comment that the trash had already been collected that day so to take that however you want to (paraphrased). See post
post.

Just summarizing videos I watch ...

Wednesday Noon Coverage
Mom Talks, Sailors Join Search
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21363160/

Staci Spanos reporting
Pans area ... thick woods and school on one side; LE on other

Diena:
Friendly, loved everybody
3'5" 65 pounds brown hair and eyes
birthmark on left shin
Hannah Montana
draw, writing
creative
can play alone
friendliest hug anyone
extremely energetic
never has run away from home (IMO, this is not the same as being late coming home)

Beseler (as reported by reporter):
Owner of blue Nissan lives near this area. Not connected to Somer's case.
Ruled out blue Nissan (person who they believe was behind the wheel that day).
Misunderstanding on what was seen.

200 sailors came to Command Center
Signed up with Texas Equusearch.
Shoulder to shoulder looking for evidence.

In addition to 150-200 law enforcement officers from several agencies.
Will be going door to door later tonight when they feel more people are home (did get many empty houses in search yesterday)
Reinterviewing RSOs

Printing shops will print flyers for free if you bring in paper

Uncut: Sheriff Talks About Search for Somer 10/20
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21350503/index.html (may not be direct link; some have, some don't)

Expanded search to 5 mile radius
AMBER Alert went out this morning (Tuesday)
Following up on attempted abduction 10 days ago (parent April G. and witness Shannon P.)
[didn't repeat what parent and witness had to say because it's been established by LE that this is not related to Somer's case]
Do not have connection between that attempt and Somer's case
Established tip line 877-227-6911 and tip email CART@claysheriff.com
Officers manning the leads; they send to officers in the field to follow up on
They have the best search dogs in state there and are working grid patterns now; not putting people in those areas until dogs finished
Will be putting horses into the wooded areas
Officers will be doing arms length search in areas
Want to search woods and residences in this area before widening search.
Be careful with the children because they are so young, but they are getting information from them
Childhood squabble; they were teasing Somer
She was last seen about a block from the school
RSOs have to register; first search was 3 mile radius and make contact with 58; searched their homes and all cooperated (completed at 4:30 a.m.)
Now expanded to 5 miles (at about 7:30); asking folks if they can look in houses, sheds, cars
Lost child; don't know it is crime but assuming it could be since she is missing now 24 hours
Hoping for the best but working it as if it were a crime scene
Has working theory but won't share with media
Time is of the essence; some detectives have been working 36 hours straight
Push is hard to get officers and public working
Volunteer citizens are being given something meaningful to do (come to Command Center)
At 9 a.m. had 50 tips; he would guess by now several hundred
No other abduction attempts in area other than the one OPPD responded to 10 days ago
About a year ago, she went to neighbor's house and they thought she was missing but they found her right away
Pretty populated area when school gets out; hopefully someone saw something

Here's another topic I know nothing about, but hopefully someone who does know something can respond.

"http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/...ts/49318341001

Video Source

OK. it worked for me (Search Dogs Follow Scent, Used Bedsheet 10/21 5 p.m.) ... it's the dog handler talking and how she used bed sheets. Comment at end is that they are not sure that the scent was not Somer's from a previous day.
BBM

Since this was Monday and she got a ride to school, the last day that we know of that she would be walking would be Friday afternoon. But , of course, we don't know what her last day of walking home from school was.

Why wouldn't there be scent for her, after they lost her scent, if it could last from previous days? As long as from the Friday before?

I had read somewhere or heard, perhaps, on a video, that they said the heat and car exhaust could ruin the scent. But they did pick it up until that point.

So, I am thinking that the scent was gone ,where they said it was gone, on Monday. That indicates to me that she disappeared into a car.

So, locals, how much traffic is there about the time of 3-4 PM on Debarrry and Gano?

Is there a way a car could pull over and pick her up?

There are streets where I live on which it would not be possible to pull over if there is traffic. And on these types of streets ,where it is not possible to pull over with traffic, it would be so obvious if there wasn't traffic as well.

So, I'm mystified about the loss of scent.

Sadnpod, can you video the interior of the boys bathroom at OPAA so we can see what they could possibly remove from the bathroom there? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital