831 users online (175 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Marty S. (Johnny) Crystal's Dad

I have not seen a thread anywhere for Marty Sheffield while I was looking for some information about him, so I thought I would start one.
    Here is an article with a statement from Marty in the news...I'm going to go find some more any info would be great:

************************************************** ************************************************** ******

Detectives: Missing Florida Girl Was Kidnapped, Family Members and 'All the World' Are Suspects
    Thursday, February 12, 2009

Haleigh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield, said he was distraught about the girl's disappearance and characterized Croslin as suspicious, though he admitted he didn't know much about her, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Caylee Confirmed Cremated; Bounty Hunter Claims Casey`s Fingerprints Found on Caylee; Grandfather Speaks about Missing Haleigh

Aired February 12, 2009 - 19:00:00 ET

First, I am joined by Haleigh`s grandfather, Johnny Sheffield.

Thank you so much, sir, for being here. I know this has to be very, very, very difficult for you, and I really appreciate you taking the time. And hopefully, we can help.

Johnny, it`s been more than 60 hours since little Haleigh disappeared. Authorities now believe she did not wander off. They believe she was abducted. What are your possible theories about what happened to your precious granddaughter?

JOHNNY SHEFFIELD, GRANDFATHER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: I don`t know, really. I have to go by what the law enforcement`s told me. They said they`ve done searches. They haven`t found her. I know the father said there are signs of forced entry.

The sheriff told me that there was no signs of forced entry, and I heard the girlfriend`s 911 tape. She said there was no signs of forced entry. And I know the father locked the dead bolt, he said, personally. And I know in order to get through a dead bolt, you`ve got to break the door frame. You`re not just going to wedge it open and open the door.

But I`m not doubting the father didn`t lock the dead bolt. I`m just wondering how somebody got in through a dead bolt and took my granddaughter and just vanished when somebody`s supposed to be there watching her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And with apparently no signs of forced entry. I think you make a very, very good point.

Now, I want to bring this into the equation. The story we`re hearing about Haleigh being abducted in the middle of the night without anybody hearing her or the predator has been slammed by some skeptics. Some are raising eyebrows at Misty, the girlfriend who was sleeping with the two children the time little Haleigh disappeared from her bed

************************************************** ************************************************** **********

Your thoughts on all of that, sir?

SHEFFIELD: Well, I know my granddaughter. And I know that when she wakes up, she goes to screaming and crying. She`s going to her mama or her daddy, or she`s at our house, she`s coming to somebody`s door to let us know that she`s up. And if she happens to wake up in the morning, she goes to the couch and watches TV, if she -- if her father`s not up. But usually her father is up by the time the baby`s up.

I find it hard to believe that somebody could just go in there and grab Haleigh, because Haleigh was a solid little girl. She was a close -- she was hard for me to pick up. And for her to -- somebody to reach in the bed and take her out without waking that girl up, I don`t know how it could be done, because most kids, when you pick them up, they have a reaction to either jump, jerk, or say, "Where am I going," or something. But Haleigh, somebody got her out without her saying nothing?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now very quickly, only have a couple of seconds, was your daughter`s relationship with the father of Haleigh rocky, as some of have said?

SHEFFIELD: My daughter and him has been separated for several years, so -- I mean, of course, a couple years ago, it was like rocky when they was going through this custody battle. But here lately, as far as I know, everything was, you know, going smoothly.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. And it turned out that he got custody of the child, and it is a very, very tragic case.

Johnny Sheffield, I want to thank for joining me. I`d love to have you back. We hope that we get a happy ending here. We`re going to do everything we can in our power to find your little granddaughter.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/12/ijvm.01.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Here is a video of Johnny on issues with Jane:

haleigh cummings grandpa, Johnny Sheffield speak out
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 08:58 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Does any one know where Johnny was the night Haleigh was missing ? I believe Crystal said she called him to go find out what was going on and find out if it was true about Haleigh missing.....anyone remember the time of that call ?
    Last edited by mysticrose; 12-13-2009 at 10:56 PM.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Does any one know where Johnny was the night Haleigh was missing ? I believe Crystal said she called him to go find out what was going on and find out if it was true about Haleigh missing.....anyone remember the time of that call ?
    There was a call,not sure of the time....am so glad this thread was starter...haven't heard a lot about Johnny...just know he moved out of state...soon after Haleigh disappeared!!

Quote Originally Posted by nurselady View Post
    There was a call,not sure of the time....am so glad this thread was starter...haven't heard a lot about Johnny...just know he moved out of state...soon after Haleigh disappeared!!
    He moved? Wow I been away to long Where did he move to?
    "Please note - this is a message board, not a blog. Thank you"... Sincerely, Tricia Griffith and the Websleuths Family

THE SEARCH FOR HALEIGH
    Police: missing girl probably abducted
    Published: Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:30 a.m.
    Last Modified: Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:47 a.m.

"People around here know me," said Sheffield, a Putnam County resident. "If anyone around here has my granddaughter, just bring her home to me. She's my first baby from my first baby. Please bring her back. ... I'm going to look around hell and half of Georgia until I find her."

They said the family wants to join the police search for Haleigh but that law enforcement officials won't let them, out of concern that they might contaminate evidence.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2009021...bably-abducted
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Marie called him after she called her supervisor which was after she received the phone call from Crystal and it would have been a little after 5 AM

Quote Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
    I believe they are back already.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppy199 View Post
    Kentucky, with his wife, Connie.

Prayers for beautiful, little Haleigh!

RIP to all the angels who were taken from us too soon!

Here is a picture of Johnny and Crystal together
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Any links to this? I hope I quoted Cajun and atherhellas posts!

Quote Originally Posted by kellync View Post
    Any links to this? I hope I quoted Cajun and atherhellas posts!
    Yea, it's been linked somewhere in this forum. It's an interview Marie gave and she gave that timeline. It's probably up in the stickies for news articles.

Let me go dig for them..Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    I believe they are back already.
    So Marty and Connie aren't in Kentucky? Have i confused myself again?

TIA
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast