Marty S. (Johnny) Crystal's Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
I have not seen a thread anywhere for Marty Sheffield while I was looking for some information about him, so I thought I would start one.
Here is an article with a statement from Marty in the news...I'm going to go find some more any info would be great:

**********************************************************************************************************

Detectives: Missing Florida Girl Was Kidnapped, Family Members and 'All the World' Are Suspects
Thursday, February 12, 2009

Haleigh's grandfather, Johnny Sheffield, said he was distraught about the girl's disappearance and characterized Croslin as suspicious, though he admitted he didn't know much about her, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

Caylee Confirmed Cremated; Bounty Hunter Claims Casey`s Fingerprints Found on Caylee; Grandfather Speaks about Missing Haleigh

Aired February 12, 2009 - 19:00:00 ET

First, I am joined by Haleigh`s grandfather, Johnny Sheffield.

Thank you so much, sir, for being here. I know this has to be very, very, very difficult for you, and I really appreciate you taking the time. And hopefully, we can help.

Johnny, it`s been more than 60 hours since little Haleigh disappeared. Authorities now believe she did not wander off. They believe she was abducted. What are your possible theories about what happened to your precious granddaughter?

JOHNNY SHEFFIELD, GRANDFATHER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: I don`t know, really. I have to go by what the law enforcement`s told me. They said they`ve done searches. They haven`t found her. I know the father said there are signs of forced entry.

The sheriff told me that there was no signs of forced entry, and I heard the girlfriend`s 911 tape. She said there was no signs of forced entry. And I know the father locked the dead bolt, he said, personally. And I know in order to get through a dead bolt, you`ve got to break the door frame. You`re not just going to wedge it open and open the door.

But I`m not doubting the father didn`t lock the dead bolt. I`m just wondering how somebody got in through a dead bolt and took my granddaughter and just vanished when somebody`s supposed to be there watching her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And with apparently no signs of forced entry. I think you make a very, very good point.

Now, I want to bring this into the equation. The story we`re hearing about Haleigh being abducted in the middle of the night without anybody hearing her or the predator has been slammed by some skeptics. Some are raising eyebrows at Misty, the girlfriend who was sleeping with the two children the time little Haleigh disappeared from her bed

**************************************************************************************************************

Your thoughts on all of that, sir?

SHEFFIELD: Well, I know my granddaughter. And I know that when she wakes up, she goes to screaming and crying. She`s going to her mama or her daddy, or she`s at our house, she`s coming to somebody`s door to let us know that she`s up. And if she happens to wake up in the morning, she goes to the couch and watches TV, if she -- if her father`s not up. But usually her father is up by the time the baby`s up.

I find it hard to believe that somebody could just go in there and grab Haleigh, because Haleigh was a solid little girl. She was a close -- she was hard for me to pick up. And for her to -- somebody to reach in the bed and take her out without waking that girl up, I don`t know how it could be done, because most kids, when you pick them up, they have a reaction to either jump, jerk, or say, "Where am I going," or something. But Haleigh, somebody got her out without her saying nothing?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now very quickly, only have a couple of seconds, was your daughter`s relationship with the father of Haleigh rocky, as some of have said?

SHEFFIELD: My daughter and him has been separated for several years, so -- I mean, of course, a couple years ago, it was like rocky when they was going through this custody battle. But here lately, as far as I know, everything was, you know, going smoothly.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. And it turned out that he got custody of the child, and it is a very, very tragic case.

Johnny Sheffield, I want to thank for joining me. I`d love to have you back. We hope that we get a happy ending here. We`re going to do everything we can in our power to find your little granddaughter.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/12/ijvm.01.html

Does any one know where Johnny was the night Haleigh was missing ? I believe Crystal said she called him to go find out what was going on and find out if it was true about Haleigh missing.....anyone remember the time of that call ?

Does any one know where Johnny was the night Haleigh was missing ? I believe Crystal said she called him to go find out what was going on and find out if it was true about Haleigh missing.....anyone remember the time of that call ?
There was a call,not sure of the time....am so glad this thread was starter...haven't heard a lot about Johnny...just know he moved out of state...soon after Haleigh disappeared!!

There was a call,not sure of the time....am so glad this thread was starter...haven't heard a lot about Johnny...just know he moved out of state...soon after Haleigh disappeared!!

He moved? Wow I been away to long:) Where did he move to?:waitasec:

THE SEARCH FOR HALEIGH
Police: missing girl probably abducted
Published: Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 6:47 a.m.

"People around here know me," said Sheffield, a Putnam County resident. "If anyone around here has my granddaughter, just bring her home to me. She's my first baby from my first baby. Please bring her back. ... I'm going to look around hell and half of Georgia until I find her."

They said the family wants to join the police search for Haleigh but that law enforcement officials won't let them, out of concern that they might contaminate evidence.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090212/ARTICLES/902120998?Title=Police-missing-girl-probably-abducted

Marie called him after she called her supervisor which was after she received the phone call from Crystal and it would have been a little after 5 AM

Here is a picture of Johnny and Crystal together

Attachments

• bilde Johnny S..jpg
    bilde Johnny S..jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 27
Any links to this? I hope I quoted Cajun and atherhellas posts!

Any links to this? I hope I quoted Cajun and atherhellas posts!

Yea, it's been linked somewhere in this forum. It's an interview Marie gave and she gave that timeline. It's probably up in the stickies for news articles.

So Marty and Connie aren't in Kentucky? Have i confused myself again? :waitasec::waitasec:

TIA :)
As far as I know they moved back. Cobra said over 2 months ago they were moving back and on Connie's myspace someone asked her if they were back yet. They've changed their location on myspace from Kentucky to back in Florida.

As far as I know they moved back. Cobra said over 2 months ago they were moving back and on Connie's myspace someone asked her if they were back yet. They've changed their location on myspace from Kentucky to back in Florida.

Sure was a short trip if they are back.... Thank you for repsonding so quickly.

I didn't know they were back, either. I wish someone could tell me what is okay to post in here. I don't want to get into trouble.

Sure was a short trip if they are back.... Thank you for repsonding so quickly.

Yep, very strange trip any way ya look at it. And then there is Ms. Kanger being charged with terroristic threats while they were there. Strange, indeed.

I didn't know they were back, either. I wish someone could tell me what is okay to post in here. I don't want to get into trouble.

I don't want you to get in trouble either! LOL!

Please know that I'm not here to be an enforcer, although I have the ability if someone blatantly and willfully wants to abuse our TOS.

My goal is to help our posters. If you have any questions on what to post and what not to post or you feel uncomfortable in any way, please feel free to contact me. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304