766 users online (106 members and 660 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    The Long Search for Haleigh

    I thought this was interesting. I read about discussion on the Laura Recovery group, but the comment about LE not being aware of them seemed odd?

    Recently, a new search group, The Laura Recovery Center from Texas, indicated that they might be interested in aiding in the search to find Haleigh. They claimed in an email that "LE declined their offer for assistance."

    Sources close to the investigation claim they are not even familiar with the group.

    After an initial conversation with a representative of the Laura Recovery Center Friday, I have not heard a word as to whether they will come to Florida to conduct searches for Haliegh.

    Texas Eqqusearch ended their ground searches early in the investigation based on two factors: 1) all ground searches conducted by LE were being scaled back and later halted 2) The group had another request to fill in another state.

    Where Haleigh Cummings is right now is still the centeral focus of her family and extended families, the dedicated law enforcement people who are working this case 24/7, those who are searching for her independently on the ground and on the internet and the very few reporters who are still covering this story.
    <snipped> http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5882332.php

    And I've read some posts about RC hiring a PI but I haven't seen a link to that? Did that information come from a reputable source? TIA!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,352
    JMO - do we even know who can be considered a reputable source anymore?

    This whole things has gotten more confusing with each passing day.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I thought this was interesting. I read about discussion on the Laura Recovery group, but the comment about LE not being aware of them seemed odd?

    Recently, a new search group, The Laura Recovery Center from Texas, indicated that they might be interested in aiding in the search to find Haleigh. They claimed in an email that "LE declined their offer for assistance."

    Sources close to the investigation claim they are not even familiar with the group.

    After an initial conversation with a representative of the Laura Recovery Center Friday, I have not heard a word as to whether they will come to Florida to conduct searches for Haliegh.

    Texas Eqqusearch ended their ground searches early in the investigation based on two factors: 1) all ground searches conducted by LE were being scaled back and later halted 2) The group had another request to fill in another state.

    Where Haleigh Cummings is right now is still the centeral focus of her family and extended families, the dedicated law enforcement people who are working this case 24/7, those who are searching for her independently on the ground and on the internet and the very few reporters who are still covering this story.
    <snipped> http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5882332.php

    And I've read some posts about RC hiring a PI but I haven't seen a link to that? Did that information come from a reputable source? TIA!
    I can totally understand LE being leary of another "search" group after the fiasco with Tim Milller. imo.

    ETA: If they did turn down an offer to search, it makes me think they know she isn't around there to be found. After all they have said they have no evidence that points to her not being alive.
    Last edited by curvecuti; 12-14-2009 at 01:32 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there..."
    L. P. Hartley

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by curvecuti View Post
    I can totally understand LE being leary of another "search" group after the fiasco with Tim Milller. imo.
    Whether they are leary or not, there's one thing that's absolutely for sure. If you don't look, you won't find anything.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    choctaw beach,florida
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Whether they are leary or not, there's one thing that's absolutely for sure. If you don't look, you won't find anything.
    Amen!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Whether they are leary or not, there's one thing that's absolutely for sure. If you don't look, you won't find anything.


    AMEN and ITA

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by curvecuti View Post
    I can totally understand LE being leary of another "search" group after the fiasco with Tim Milller. imo.

    ETA: If they did turn down an offer to search, it makes me think they know she isn't around there to be found. After all they have said they have no evidence that points to her not being alive.

    What fiasco? To my knowledge, LE has no problem with TM or EquaSearch.
    Everyone makes mistakes...if we didn't, erasers would never have been invented.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    so when is TM coming back in searching again?
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    111
    TES has recovered many victims and I have the upmost respect for them. If anyone can find Haleigh, I think it's that organization.

    This little girl has been gone far too long without medications for her disorder. Tearfully- I don't think she's alive any longer. She deserves to be found and buried and if a legit group wants to find her, why would LE turn down that request?

    Come on- Haleigh needs justice and to be recovered!



Similar Threads

  1. OR. Mom's long search for son ends in heartbreak
    By zwiebel in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2013, 11:22 AM
  2. 2010.4.15: New search for Haleigh #4
    By nursebeeme in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM
  3. 2010.04.14 New search for Haleigh #3
    By chicoliving in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 553
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
  4. 2010.04.13 - New search for Haleigh #2
    By Kimster in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 809
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 12:52 AM
  5. 2010.04.13 - New Search for HaLeigh
    By Indiana at Heart in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 402
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 02:42 PM