MA - Joseph Gardner rapes another toddler while out on bail.

believe09

Reaction score
The Kingston, MA 26 year old was accused of raping a 5 year old in August of this year, and was released on bail pending his trial. Fast forward to Friday night-Mr. Gardner is now accused of raping a 3 year old and INTIMIDATING a witness.....no information on who he threatened.

His bond in now sensibly set at 1 Million Dollars. So I have to wonder-who gave this man access to the three year old and didn't he have some conditions attached to his bail from August like cannot be in the company of anyone under 18?????????????????????? :banghead:
http://wbztv.com/local/kingston.rape.charges.2.1368306.html

The Kingston, MA 26 year old was accused of raping a 5 year old in August of this year, and was released on bail pending his trial. Fast forward to Friday night-Mr. Gardner is now accused of raping a 3 year old and INTIMIDATING a witness.....no information on who he threatened.

His bond in now sensibly set at 1 Million Dollars. So I have to wonder-who gave this man access to the three year old and didn't he have some conditions attached to his bail from August like cannot be in the company of anyone under 18?????????????????????? :banghead:

I'm going to come back here after I've calmed down.

I don't want to get banned.

Prosecutors said the girl's mother told police that she had known Gardner since high school, and she, her daughter and son had slept at his house Friday night. The woman said her daughter told her Gardner attacked her in the bathroom, smashed her head against the sink, and threatened to kill her father if she told anybody.

this is just heart breaking! I hope the judge who let him out on $10k bail the first time was made aware of what this monster has done.

Why was this guy ever given bail in the first place. He raped a child. It is a violent crime and he should have had to sit in jail until his trial. As far as telling him to stay away from children under the age of 18 yrs...forget it. He's a pervert and we know they will do it again and again and again. I would like to know how he came in contact with the three yr old too. Relative that didn't think he was guilty? Someone watching the three yr old and that person was threatened by this pervert...maybe a teenager?

The judicial system...attorneys and judges... don't have any more sense then the criminals they arrest a lot of the time. They could have made the bail so high that the pervert couldn't make it. It's done all of the time.

Maybe the people who decided it was alright to give this guy bail and let him out til his trial should take him home with them until the trial. That way one more person wouldn't be crowding the jail....and he could be watched carefully as the attorneys/judge probably have kids or grandkids. Probably at least three people involved in the decision to give him bail so they could change off having him every third week.

I think we are all damn lucky he did not kill the child. That is his next step, mark my words, because a dead child cannot testify against him in any fashion.

So, returning to his August crime since we have the luxury of hindsight-I am with those of you who are shaking their heads on why someone who was accused of raping a toddler in August had such a low bail set. Was he required to be monitored? Examined by a psychiatrist?

And word to those out there who have old family friends who have been accused of child rape-please do not stay at their homes. I am not blaming mom, but even if these guys claim they are not guilty of the crime, you have to err on the side of caution here.

For crying out loud, don't judges read the newspaper? Don't they have *any* concern for the smallest, most helpless in the community when they let a like this out on bond?

God help the vics -- because some judges sure aren't gonna do it.

For crying out loud, don't judges read the newspaper? Don't they have *any* concern for the smallest, most helpless in the community when they let a like this out on bond?

God help the vics -- because some judges sure aren't gonna do it.

I'll never understand why judges give bond to pedophiles. Anyone with a high school education knows that once a pedophile always a pedophile. There is NO cure. They can not be rehabilitated. Once a commits a sexual crime, they should be locked away forever. I know this sounds harsh, but it is how I honestly feel.:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Put him down like the rabid dog he is.

Rape a child, be put to death.

The only true cure.

I am horrified by these crimes. Seriously.

This same Judge was on the hot seat once before. He let out a bail jumper who then murdered a Holyoke Police Officer. Way to go Judge.

This article says the mother of this poor, poor child was this freaks "snoozing date". Since when does a "date" include having your children sleep over some freakin perverts house? I don't care if you knew the guy since birth. Don't be bringing your children to sleep overs with some dude.

God forgive me, but I hope somebody rammed his big *advertiser censored*s ugly head into a sink in lock up, and threatened his family. Let's hope this mother makes sure this poor little girl gets the help she shouldn't need in the first place. Sorry for the rant.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re..._again_judge_okd_bail/srvc=home&position=also

And some dumarss defender will want the two cases tried seperately, so the jurors will have no idea what happened to each child. I hope the parent sues the system for letting out a pedophile - free to have sex with children again.

This same Judge was on the hot seat once before. He let out a bail jumper who then murdered a Holyoke Police Officer. Way to go Judge.

This article says the mother of this poor, poor child was this freaks "snoozing date". Since when does a "date" include having your children sleep over some freakin perverts house? I don't care if you knew the guy since birth. Don't be bringing your children to sleep overs with some dude.

God forgive me, but I hope somebody rammed his big *advertiser censored*s ugly head into a sink in lock up, and threatened his family. Let's hope this mother makes sure this poor little girl gets the help she shouldn't need in the first place. Sorry for the rant.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re..._again_judge_okd_bail/srvc=home&position=also

I don't want to get into a political debate. But what happened to the traditional family circle? You know, 1 mom, 1 dad, a couple bro's and sisters. Parents married 50 years and guided you all the way. Both me and my husband are lucky. My folks were married 54 years (until mom passed); Hubby's folks going on 50 years. Times were different then.

NOW single mothers are taking their children to strangers homes. I know, because my neice is doing the same with her 5th grader (scares the heck out of me). If I ever divorced, Austin would never ever sleep with a stranger. I'm sure I'd stay single at least until he was 18.

Now I'm rambling.

Mel-Moo

Shoot the SOB On the Spot.....

That's all I can add to this sick story...Why don't they attach conditions when they let these f.sticks out on bail so they don't have any contact with children?

Just too pisst off to even concentrate.

I don't want to get into a political debate. But what happened to the traditional family circle? You know, 1 mom, 1 dad, a couple bro's and sisters. Parents married 50 years and guided you all the way. Both me and my husband are lucky. My folks were married 54 years (until mom passed); Hubby's folks going on 50 years. Times were different then.

NOW single mothers are taking their children to strangers homes. I know, because my neice is doing the same with her 5th grader (scares the heck out of me). If I ever divorced, Austin would never ever sleep with a stranger. I'm sure I'd stay single at least until he was 18.

Now I'm rambling.

Mel-Moo

M, I hear ya. I'm divorced. I was a single mom, and when I went out on a date it was just that. The person was dating me. No need for them to know my child. I was also Blessed that when I did go out to the theater or a movie or whatever my parents took care of my child. I never had a babysitter.

I know it's not as convenient for others, but being the survivor of a childhood assault I know it can happen in a second, and that's with a dad who was a Philly Detective and a stay at home mom watching out for me. These freaks will take the risk. Five minutes and a little life is marred. In the blink of an eye some will dictate how a child lives until they come to terms with what happened.

Stay the heck home or take your children out yourself I say. I trust nobody. Once those kids are grown people have their own time to do what they want. I know I sound mean. It just burns me up a lil girl hurt like that while the mom was dozing. I don't want to blame the victims. I'm not, but the sleepover not a good idea.

I want him to be charged with Attempted Murder, along with the rapes of children.

A three year old toddler, and a five year old child? OMG.

A young child's body is not equipped to sexually 'handle' an adult male body. These little children could have easily died of ruptures, or other internal injuries.

Just look at the size of this guy... he could have crushed them, too. It would be like having a brick wall fall on top of you.

The judge in this case should be thrown of the bench, in my opinion.

When will enough finally be enough?

This case if horrific and was totally preventable. As long as judges are not going to listen to public outcry about NO BAIL FOR CHILD RAPISTS, the communities where these people are released are going to have to be vigilant (note I did not say vigilante).

When the young man who raped our children was released pending his trial, there was no bail as he was a juvenile. His parents attempted to return him to school in our town (a school where one of his victims attended and two of our older children who were not victims attended). We threatened to remove all our children from all the local schools. This would have been a major blow to the schools financially as most of our kids "pulled" in special ed funds. There was a rushed meeting and the rapist was ordered to stay out of our town and away from our children and other minors. His parents were ordered to supervise him at all times. Well, so much for that.

I soon learned that his parents had enrolled the rapist at a school in a nearby city. I decided to be a little bold and called the principal of that school (I was just learning to speak up loudly). That principal was shocked beyond belief. As the youth's name was not public at that time, the principal had no idea who his new student was. He asked if he could call me back in a few hours time. I waited for the call and when it came, I was told I was on speaker phone. Numerous school administrators and attorneys were present and introduced themselves. I told our story. There was a lot of silence in that room.

I learned that within days of enrollment at the new school, the youth was "helping" out some special ed students. He was noted to be "very friendly and helpful" (from my notes taken during the phone call). We learned that he was not supervised in any way and had access to the school restrooms. Being that all his victims in our town were special ed students and he was charged with (and later convicted of) rape in our school restroom), the school administrators were a tad concerned. By the end of the day, the boy was provided with a private home tutor and removed from the general population. His parents, of course, were furious with me.

I've always thought that my call most probably saved another child from abuse. This rapist had an MO and would not be deterred. It did not surprise me at all that he made a beeline to the special ed department at the new school. The issue here is communication and going out on a limb. The community must do that to keep our children safe. Everyone had to keep in mind that the youth was not yet convicted. However, there was a massive amount of evidence against him. It was liability, I'm sure, which kept him out of the schools. I didn't care what it was, I just wanted the children in the nearby city kept safe. I couldn't bear to think that another child and family would have to go through what we were.

Oh, the youth was also ordered to not leave the county. The parents forgot that rule and took him on a vacation to Mexico as he was stressed. I've always worried about the children in the resort town the family visited.

The rapist is now 25 and was released this summer. He is a registered RSO for life. But, he's done his time and has no supervision. As he never admitted, he received no treatment. I find it not surprising at all that he moved to an apartment directly across from a popular and large city park.

MissIzzy, Please know I am just so sorry for all the pain your family has been through. My heart breaks for you.

As for this , Gardner there's an update and interesting article at the link. Basically it says that a Judge denied the request of a Defense Attorney to have the little 3 year old child and her brother to testify at this "Dangerousness Hearing". That's been moved to Friday and will determine if they can hold this freak for 90 days.

90 days? You'd maybe get that for pawning some stolen electronics or something. I agree with Smart Blonde. I'd say that's attempted Murder absolutely. If not isn't banging that child's head against a sink or counter attempted murder or is that just an assault? Uggghhhhhhh! Here's the article which explains more about the testifying and such.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/halifax/news/x967378476/UPDATE-Kingston-man-charged-with-child-rape

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back