'Amy Rapist DNA'

Sophie

Reaction score
I have now received the reply to my FOIA enquiry about this. I will, at some point, post up the correspondence redacted to take out my surname and address. In essence, it says that the 'Amy rape' DNA is on CODIS. However, even though I'm RDI and had always assumed that it was on CODIS, I have to admit that the dates and a couple of names on the information I received are a bit questionable so I am going to query the information again to make sure that we are talking about the same crime. Apparently, you don't need to go through the saga I went through to get this info, so we shouldn't have to wait as long for confirmation.

Like everyone, I'm all tied up making sure everything is ready for Santa, but I will try hard before Christmas to get the information so far into a state for posting on here.

I have now received the reply to my FOIA enquiry about this. I will, at some point, post up the correspondence redacted to take out my surname and address. In essence, it says that the 'Amy rape' DNA is on CODIS. However, even though I'm RDI and had always assumed that it was on CODIS, I have to admit that the dates and a couple of names on the information I received are a bit questionable so I am going to query the information again to make sure that we are talking about the same crime. Apparently, you don't need to go through the saga I went through to get this info, so we shouldn't have to wait as long for confirmation.

Like everyone, I'm all tied up making sure everything is ready for Santa, but I will try hard before Christmas to get the information so far into a state for posting on here.

Thanks!!!

If this is true then I would assume that Amy and JBR were killed by different people. I would assume they had already checked that out anyhow but I was kind of pulling for Mr. Star Wars on that one.

Thanks!!!

If this is true then I would assume that Amy and JBR were killed by different people. I would assume they had already checked that out anyhow but I was kind of pulling for Mr. Star Wars on that one.

err...there's two of us. What sort of DNA did they collect? Saliva?

I'm not sure that I was given info about the right case. I'm actually in correspondence with someone from another forum who has had exactly the same problem with a FOIA DNA information request so it looks like the results need verifying.

One thing we do know, though, is that DNA was taken from the scene of at least crime against a child somewhere in Boulder County in 1997. I'm just not sure that it was the case we were asking about.

Thanks!!!

Actually, Roy, I have this correspondence for a week or two but I am so disorganised at the moment that I seem to take weeks to get around to anything. New Year's Resolution is to tackle this sloppiness.

err...there's two of us. What sort of DNA did they collect? Saliva?

It makes all the sense in the world that these crimes would be related. The problem is and has been how much that we read about is actually true. It doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on stories have been twisted and turned.

And to be honest just because it is in Codis, no one has said that is does not match DNA from the Ramsey scene. That is what I would need to hear.

It makes all the sense in the world that these crimes would be related. The problem is and has been how much that we read about is actually true. It doesn't matter what side of the fence you are on stories have been twisted and turned.

And to be honest just because it is in Codis, no one has said that is does not match DNA from the Ramsey scene. That is what I would need to hear.

And similarly, if it doesn't match, it doesn't mean that the perp isn't the same as in the JBR case. The DNA in that case could easily be an artifact and its existence could easily derail the prosecution of the case against an intruder who is an excellent fit but whose DNA could be otherwise explained or whose DNA didn't match. Similarly, the existence of unknown DNA in the Ramsey case doesn't - in itself - demonstrate that the Ramseys weren't involved at some point: there's actually fibre evidence from incriminating places that suggests that they were at the very least involved.

Which brings us back to the hope that LE are really investigating other leads and other aspects of the case rather than waiting for a DNA match.

I'm not sure that I was given info about the right case. I'm actually in correspondence with someone from another forum who has had exactly the same problem with a FOIA DNA information request so it looks like the results need verifying.

One thing we do know, though, is that DNA was taken from the scene of at least crime against a child somewhere in Boulder County in 1997. I'm just not sure that it was the case we were asking about.

how could there be another crime against another child in Boulder 1997 and get no news??

:waitasec:

Well if there was another crime with a child that had alot of simlarites to JonBenet's the LE could keep that hush hush....Just for saftey from the MEDIA...Why have another circus on their hands.....And in 12 years if Amy's case meant anything to this case, I still believe this case would be closed and not a cold case...But that is my opinion...

Learning about THAT crime, even if it is not AMY, that occurred in Boulder 1997
could give clues about this case NONETHELESS.

I restrict my IDI theories to similar crimes, and obviously I've not heard of this NEW CHILD SEXUALLY ASSAULTED IN 1997 in BOULDER, NOT AMY.

It means in addition to Amy's rapist, we have another child rapist in Boulder active in 1997, including JB, we have possibly

3 child rapists in Boulder 1997

Even if not Amy, we can compare specific facts, circumstances, victim selection, type of DNA, against JB.

Why not a FOIA request of all violent crimes against children in Boulder from 1993-1999.

Related crimes like Burglaries, extortions, blackmail, and kidnappings, child *advertiser censored* during this time period may also be helpful. I restrict the geographic area to Boulder and surrounding cities, and time period to couple years before and after JB's death.

RDI would you agree that them more sexual crimes against children, more burglaries and kidnappings, child *advertiser censored*, and rapes in Boulder in this time period, esp in the dead of night, the more likely the intruder scenario becomes?

Sophie even if it's not Amy's rapist, it's still a sexual crime against a child in Boulder close to JB death.

And similarly, if it doesn't match, it doesn't mean that the perp isn't the same as in the JBR case. The DNA in that case could easily be an artifact and its existence could easily derail the prosecution of the case against an intruder who is an excellent fit but whose DNA could be otherwise explained or whose DNA didn't match. Similarly, the existence of unknown DNA in the Ramsey case doesn't - in itself - demonstrate that the Ramseys weren't involved at some point: there's actually fibre evidence from incriminating places that suggests that they were at the very least involved.

Which brings us back to the hope that LE are really investigating other leads and other aspects of the case rather than waiting for a DNA match.

I see what you are saying and I do hope that other leads are being followed.

I also certainly believe that the DNA in the Ramsey case has been validated. It may not prove that the Ramsey's were not involved with a 100% certainty but I think it is close. That is just my opinion, though. I have no real knowlege of Amy's case. I find it extremely odd, if what we have read is true, that no statement has been made concerning whether these cases are related or not.

I would think they would have exonerated the Ramsey's a long time ago if there was a match. But the bias and incompetence from all sides of this case that we have seen so far already has me confused. Surely they would not have made this mistake too. Unless Holdon is right and there is a group of Individuals who made it their passion to rape and kill young girls. I can't imagine they would have been able to keep their mouth shut to not get caught.

RDI would you agree that them more sexual crimes against children, more burglaries and kidnappings, child *advertiser censored*, and rapes in Boulder in this time period, esp in the dead of night, the more likely the intruder scenario becomes?

That's a level of "what if" even I'm not comfortable with.

The whole "Amy Attacker" event intrigues me. Not a lot of information relating to it, but some similarities between this and the JBR murder. I just got done
reading "The Death Of Innocence",(good book,feel sorry for the parents),
and the points made that establish similarities between the attack and JBR's murder are compelling,IMO. But I guess since this happened in 97'(Amy),
I suppose we won't hear any follow up any time in the future.A sketch of the perp would have been useful. I'm sure the girl and her mom saw something damning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back