UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
continue here:

thread one in this case: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92568"]UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

AmandaReckonwith's photobucket of the case: http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/

fran's post on what we have so far: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4562189#post4562189"]UT-Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City - Page 30 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hey, to continue from my post on the other thread, does anyone know if there is a life insurance policy?:twocents:

Hey, to continue from my post on the other thread, does anyone know if there is a life insurance policy?:twocents:

I found a Wells Fargo Employee Benefits pdf -- Basic Life insurance appears to be free -- coverage is $10K - $50K depending on salary...other Life Insurance is optional

https://www.wellsfargo.com/downloads/pdf/careers/EmployeeBenefitsSummary.pdf

Doesn't sound like a lot but Susan may have opted for add'l coverage - and they may also have credit life on the mortgage.

I've certainly read of murder for a lot less $$.

I have added Fran's case synopsis and amandareckonwith's photobucket to the first post for easy case reference. Thanks Fran and Amanda!

Passion, I do not mean to discredit your theory about Josh planning the camping trip, but imo, there's not way in the hot place he planned that "camping trip" at all. It's the most unbelievable alibi ever, and if he had any common sense he would have know that people would be inquiring about the family on Monday when no one showed up to work or daycare.

I personally feel this was not premeditated, but done in the heat of the moment and I suspect the reason he didn't call into work or the boys daycare is because he was contemplating running, but decided not to at the last minute. Regarding the fans on the wet spot, initially he may have been planning to return in the early morning hours, but panicked, debating on what to do.

If it definitely was premeditated, then I think he planned to return before dawn but something went wrong somewhere or he panicked. Anyone with common sense would know that if no one in the family showed up anywhere without calling, people would be asking around.

But of course, it's not like he's shown a lot of common sense... So, um, yeah, your theory may not be that off after all. I guess I forgot who we're dealing with here.

Depending on what timeline we're going with, I think we need to add this 'hinky husband' factoid to fran's list:

Jennifer Graves, Josh's sister, called Susan's dad Monday to tell him Susan was missing -- Josh didn't call until Tuesday.

Charles Cox spoke with his son-in-law Joshua Powell by phone briefly Tuesday before Powell's second interview with police.

"He called and told me Susan was missing," Cox said during a phone interview from his home in Payallup, Wash. "He sounded tired and kind of down. He broke up just a little bit."

Cox already knew his 28-year-old daughter, who lives in West Valley City, had vanished because Josh Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves, called him Monday with the news.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_13967860?source=most_viewed

I tend to agree that Josh did not premeditate this event. He did not seem to have a plan - sort of "winged it" as he went along, making up the crazy story about "camping" in the freezing cold in the middle of the night with two small kids, not knowing a better story at the time. But I'm sure he knows now that the story is such nonsense, so he's not talking any more (also now has a lawyer). IMO he just lost it and killed her, as was left to try the best he could to contrive a cover.:loser:

let us not forget this video interview with the friend who last saw her
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9029772
(click on interview with powell neighbor)

highlights:
the woman was invited over by SUSAN to work on a crochet project

the two women ate dinner in the living room while working on their project while Josh and the children ate in the kitchen

Josh, per the woman, kept coming back in and talking to them throughout the time Susan was AWAKE.

Because shortly into the time working and eating with her friend she became so tired that she asked her friend if it was okay for her to go lay down on the bed as she was so tired!

after Susan lay down to rest her friend continued to work with 'the yarn' and Josh told the woman that he planned on taking the boys sledding.. but no plans were mentioned of camping... just sledding thus giving an alibi for him to be out of the home while Susan was lying down.

This same woman said that it wasn't until much, much, later that she heard of the camping trip.

after the interview with the friend I can see possible premeditation. moo

after the interview with the friend I can see possible premeditation. moo
Me too, it's a possibility he did premeditate, but maybe he's just not too bright about his cover story. Her body could be anywhere in the wilderness, may take quite awhile to find, if ever. :eek:uch:

now that he has lawyered up LE has had their last shot at him..... unless they have some forensics to do some dealing with. This is going to take WEEKS! MOO

Yea, but they (LE) will have some forensics and other credible information that I am sure has not been publicized, to build a case against him, and my gut feeling is that it will not take too long. They do not want him to flee, and now that he has a lawyer, there is no incentive for LE to hold back. I have not heard of any search parties going out looking for Susan (dead or alive) and that is curious to me, since she had no viable transportation, so either she was on foot, "had an abductor", or possibly went with them "camping." In either case, I would think people would be searching some areas.:cat:

I tend to agree that Josh did not premeditate this event. He did not seem to have a plan - sort of "winged it" as he went along, making up the crazy story about "camping" in the freezing cold in the middle of the night with two small kids, not knowing a better story at the time. But I'm sure he knows now that the story is such nonsense, so he's not talking any more (also now has a lawyer). IMO he just lost it and killed her, as was left to try the best he could to contrive a cover.:loser:

Doesn't take very long to premeditate murdering someone. Susan got extremely tired all of a sudden immediately after her husband prepared her dinner....kept coming into the livingroom, possibly to check up on how she was doing, to see if she was being affected by any of his "cooking" maybe. A lot of murderers screw up the disposal phase of the murder. Their diabolical planning doesn't go very far past the murdering phase and thus, "they wing it". Not very successfully, I might add. This is just my opinion at this stage, but if he had anything to do at all with his wife becoming "sick", then he did do some pre-planning, IMO.

I found some info on sledding safety - it says don't go sledding after dark or when visibility is low (like when it's snowing).

There's also other tips for safely sledding with children

www.indy.gov/eGov/City/DPR/PDF/generalsleddingsafetytips.prn.pdf

Heh - learn something new every day -- now all I need is a sled & lotsa snow, which is *very* wishful thinking for this TX girl. :)

Doesn't take very long to premeditate murdering someone. Susan got extremely tired all of a sudden immediately after her husband prepared her dinner....kept coming into the livingroom, possibly to check up on how she was doing, to see if she was being affected by any of his "cooking" maybe. A lot of murderers screw up the disposal phase of the murder. Their diabolical planning doesn't go very far past the murdering phase and thus, "they wing it". Not very successfully, I might add. This is just my opinion at this stage, but if he had anything to do at all with his wife becoming "sick", then he did do some pre-planning, IMO.

Yes, if he did drug her - and it sounds like that is a possibility, due to the fact that suddenly she felt sick right after dinner, yet was fine during the day, premeditation is involved. Hopefully, LE processed the house, including the kitchen, and might have some evidence regarding possibility of poisoning. Just a thought. I'm sure there is a lot of evidence LE has that the public does not know about (as it should be until a case is built).:eek:

Does anyone know if Josh filed for bankruptcy in 2007?

He did file for bankruptcy, but I am not sure what year. What I am curious about is life insurance - I am sure she had some basic through her job, but wonder if there was more.:waitasec:

follow the yellow brick road..... ( yes I am currently from kansas) but follow the yellow brick road....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth