Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Patty, so as long as you are not behind in payments or in a foreclosure status at the time of a BK filing, you should be able to keep your house.

Thanks Adnoid. It would make sense that Susan probably did know about the bk.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I think Josh may have intentionally ran the generator in the house to gas Susan if she was in a drug induced sleep. That would certainly explain the three hours of sledding. It would explain the wet spot. And it would explain why he wove the generator into the camping story. Lots to think about.
    I don't think so. We have a gas generator and it's as loud as as riding lawn mower. I can hardly stand to have it running outside as you can't even hear the tv. Really, the neighbors would have heard it if that were the case.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

Josh's 2007 monthly income for a family of 4 was $1,022.00.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Patty, so as long as you are not behind in payments or in a foreclosure status at the time of a BK filing, you should be able to keep your house.

Thanks Adnoid. It would make sense that Susan probably did know about the bk.
    Yup, I know that. I just posted the info as someone asked "if they can keep their house."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dal Gal View Post
    I'm not suggesting that this is the case here, but when we bought our first home as a married couple, my husband qualified as a first-time homebuyer but I didn't. The lender was able to get us a better interest rate by putting only DH on the loan, but we were both listed on the deed to the house.

The reason I don't think that is the case here is because the Powell's seemingly got a lousy interest rate.

Pardon my giddiness, but I feel like we just got an Anthony Doc Dump!
    We now know that Susan is joint owner of the house.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gliving View Post
    I don't think so. We have a gas generator and it's as loud as as riding lawn mower. I can hardly stand to have it running outside as you can't even hear the tv. Really, the neighbors would have heard it if that were the case.

I was thinking the same thing. My neighbor has one and they are extremely loud! I'm not sure how close the neighbors houses are but they would hear it if it was running for 3+ hours IMO

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    ...Utah is also a "Common Law" State
    Yep.

Remember that Bankruptcy is an action under Federal law while things like debt collection and divorce are actions under State law. Bankruptcy courts are in essence an "equity" court and the judges can rule by what they think is fair, not the exact reading of the laws - they are allowed to do that due to the nature of the proceedings.

The common law vs. community property has a bearing on whether or not creditors could go after Susan for Josh's debts. As a practical matter there's nothing to go after anyway, but since Utah is not a community property state she would pretty much have to be a codebtor to be liable, not just and authorized user.

Most personal bankruptcies just go through the system with no creditors objecting and the Trustee approving everything as long as it makes sense. It doesn't look like there was a single unusual item in this one beyond the fact that Susan was not included.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

"I'll put it this way: I certainly wouldn't want her behind me in a knife fight." -- me

Email me

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to adnoid For This Useful Post:

Josh's 2007 monthly income for a family of 4 was $1,022.00.
    And the mortgage payment was $1300? How did they even eat? Oh wait, the Sam's Club credit card.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

I kinda thought about that too, however it really depends on the size of the generator.

One like this one:
    Honeywell HW1000i Portable Inverter Generator (50 State Model)
    $399
    Added features are power indicator light, AC and DC overload protection, clean sine wave. Bonus accessories: Oil fill canister, oil drain tube and tool kit (spark plug socket and reversible Phillips and slotted screwdriver), 1 liter, 10W30 oil, funnel, 12V cord. Sound rating: 58dB (7m). http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=generators+portable&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16002628458528970303&ei=u34qS5-iE8X_nAff_OXxCA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct= result&resnum=4&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAw#ps-sellers

58 decibels are comparable to a normal conversation. http://www2.northerntool.com/generator-buyers-guide.htm

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ike83 For This Useful Post:

If his plan was to kill her by carbon monoxide poisoning (generator). Why the crazy cover up?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

And the mortgage payment was $1300? How did they even eat? Oh wait, the Sam's Club credit card.
    As I go through the documents, particularly Document 2, page 16, it shows income as $4500.00, with a additional info in #17.

The problem is not seeing all the documents to see how it went from $4500.00 to $1022.00. Although the documents may be there and I haven't seen them yet.

See attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Patty G; 12-17-2009 at 03:16 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyBug99 View Post
    If his plan was to kill her by carbon monoxide poisoning (generator). Why the crazy cover up?

IDK the reason for the crazy coverup, LadyBug99. I have the feeling it will be a long time before we have any definitive answers.

I still think Josh drugged Susan and from there, I just do not know.

MOO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Yeah, and even if he thought it would be a good idea at the time, his lawyer would have told him by now, "Look, dude - we're going to go tell them that you accidentally left the thing running in the house, and that you didn't know anything about carbon monoxide. When you came back and found her, you panicked, and got rid of her body. They're going to be suspicious, and they're going to want to find the body. But you'll be in a whole lot less trouble that way than you are at the moment."

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomCasual For This Useful Post:

As I go through the documents, particularly Document 2, page 16, it shows income as $4500.00, with a additional info in #17.

The problem is not seeing all the documents to see how it went from $4500.00 to $1022.00. Although the documents may be there and I haven't seen them yet.

See attachment
    From Schedule I, his Regular income would be $4500 (as opposed to currently is):

17. Describe any increase or decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following the filing of this document:
    expected to make about $4500 per month (after expenses) after bankruptcy is finished, because there will be no more lawsuit
    distracting from business

ETA: Oh, I see what you're saying, Patty. You're looking for the documentation to back up the stated difference in income. Gotcha!
    Last edited by Dal Gal; 12-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    "She was just always so sweet and everybody loved her...she was just amazing"

~ <insert name here> after they find out their best friend is a murderer.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dal Gal For This Useful Post:

See attachment
    WOW!!! thats crazy. How did they survive on that?
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to burbqueen For This Useful Post:

As I read through the cost of household items in the house, I thought "WTH"?

Refrigerator/Freezer worth $10.00 and so are the "pots and pans"!

Beds/Bedding (4 people) $20.00 yet the Microwave is $25.00.

And they have a $15,000+ vehicle?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dal Gal View Post
    From Schedule I, his Regular income would be $4500 (as opposed to currently is):

17. Describe any increase or decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following the filing of this document:
    expected to make about $4500 per month (after expenses) after bankruptcy is finished, because there will be no more lawsuit
    distracting from business

ETA: Oh, I see what you're saying, Patty. You're looking for the documentation to back up the stated difference in income. Gotcha!
    Yes, that's what I would like to see the document that made it go from $4,500 to the $1,022.00.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Because you'd still have to explain the presence of carbon monoxide. So he might have still wanted to remove the body.

This one isn't very bright...Scott P looks like a rocket scientist in comparison.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

No answers in Susan Powell's disappearance or husband's status

<snip>

Joshua Powell has submitted to two police interviews, Black said. The first time was on Dec. 8 -- two days after his wife disappeared -- and he was "not very productive," the assistant chief said.

The second interview was Tuesday when police served a warrant to take a sample of Joshua Powell's blood. Joshua Powell had his attorney with him, Black said, and only answered some questions about what kind of jewelry Susan Powell wears, scars she has and other information that would help police identify her.

"He answered questions that would help us if we found Susan," Black said. "He did not answer any questions that would help us find Susan."

more here

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14009971

I sooo want Susan to be alive & well -- but I don't think any of us thinks that's will be the case...especially w/ this a$$munch who obviously doesn't want her found doing what he can to make sure that she's not....I hope he is miserable, can't eat & can't sleep.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

As I read through the cost of household items in the house, I thought "WTH"?

Refrigerator/Freezer worth $10.00 and so are the "pots and pans"!

Beds/Bedding (4 people) $20.00 yet the Microwave is $25.00.

And they have a $15,000+ vehicle?
    Yes I got the same thing.........kitchen set $7.
    Come on now, that is so fake in a beautiful 2 stall garage home!
    and he had money to add on a deck now and buy a NEW generater???
    and listing HER PARENTS money owed in the BRuptsy is simply crazy!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

When I got divorced - my x and I filed for bankruptcy before divorce was final - we owed my parents - had to put them down for bankruptcy - can't remember which lawyer (divorce or bankruptcy) told me we had to. Now of course - I'm still paying them back - I just had to list them.

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ckwood32 For This Useful Post:

Kinda relevant. . . father of this family was at work. . .

Generator suspected in Fort Lauderdale family's carbon monoxide poisoning
    By RACHEL HATZIPANAGOS
    Sun Sentinel

Police are investigating the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Monday morning of a Fort Lauderdale family that had a generator operating inside their home.

Authorities said the children were admitted to the hospital on Monday by their father after he discovered them unresponsive. They are in critical condition but are expected to survive.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ike83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    PRESS RELEASE 12/16/09
    22:45 PST Contact:
    Shelby Gifford, Cox Family spokesperson

SUBJECT: Press Conference Being Held by the Cox Family

The Cox family will hold a press conference tomorrow, December 17th at 1:00 PM PST at the Best Western Hotel located at 620 South Hill Park Drive in Puyallup WA. Members of the media are invited to arrive at 12:30 pm to set up equipment as needed.

Seven members of the Cox family are scheduled to be present. We will read a statement and answer questions as appropriate.
    Does anyone have the link to this press RELEASE? Trying to locate a site that will be carrying this press conference.
    Last edited by Patty G; 12-17-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: change conference to release

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Yes, that's what I would like to see the document that made it go from $4,500 to the $1,022.00.
    It kinda sounds like bs to me anyhow. He's saying that if he didn't have people bugging him for their money that he could earn more?? Those were some busy debt collectors! :sarcasm:
    "She was just always so sweet and everybody loved her...she was just amazing"

~ <insert name here> after they find out their best friend is a murderer.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dal Gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
    Yeah, and even if he thought it would be a good idea at the time, his lawyer would have told him by now, "Look, dude - we're going to go tell them that you accidentally left the thing running in the house, and that you didn't know anything about carbon monoxide. When you came back and found her, you panicked, and got rid of her body. They're going to be suspicious, and they're going to want to find the body. But you'll be in a whole lot less trouble that way than you are at the moment."

I agree. If his original plan was to kill her this way, why would he go through all that trouble of taking the boys out of the house at midnight and disposing of her body? He would have already had it planned to play dumb about the carbon monoxide and came home from sledding to find her dead. IMO

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyBug99 For This Useful Post:

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast