GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

AM528

Reaction score
AR-912149976.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I didn't see a post on this little boy, but just heard it on the news.

Authorities say 4-year-old Mark Bookal was last seen at home by a caretaker around 1 p.m.

A short time later, the front door was found open and the child has not been seen since.

Police say the child's stepfather was watching him today, and the boy's mother speculated that he tried to walk to a neighbor's house, but never arrived. An Amber Alert was not issued because there was no sign of forced entry.

Related Content

More: Contact the WABC-TV Northern Suburbs Bureau
Police obtained a search warrant and searched the child's house. It is unclear why a search warrant was needed, but a police source tells Eyewitness News that the boy's parents are cooperating with the investigation. The mother says the stepfather loves Mark and doesn't know what could have happened.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7171133

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I didn't see a post on this little boy, but just heard it on the news.

Authorities say 4-year-old Mark Bookal was last seen at home by a caretaker around 1 p.m.

A short time later, the front door was found open and the child has not been seen since.

Police say the child's stepfather was watching him today, and the boy's mother speculated that he tried to walk to a neighbor's house, but never arrived. An Amber Alert was not issued because there was no sign of forced entry.

Related Content

More: Contact the WABC-TV Northern Suburbs Bureau
Police obtained a search warrant and searched the child's house. It is unclear why a search warrant was needed, but a police source tells Eyewitness News that the boy's parents are cooperating with the investigation. The mother says the stepfather loves Mark and doesn't know what could have happened.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7171133

note: Please add state to title of thread:

This sure sounds suspicious.
The mom feels the need to say the stepfather loves Mark.
Okay....
Sounds like mom is hoping against hope that Mark did not do anything to her son.

And what about the previous burns Mark has?

I hope that Mark is found very soon.

I don't understand, they need to have an amber alert out for this boy ! Apparently he is missing does that not count for being abducted ? He could be anywhere....

So is his first name spelled Marc or Mark?

I sincerely hope the stepfather had nothing to do with Marc being missing.
Maybe I have just worked on too many missing child forums.

Mom has a myspace...search last name and city.
IMO this does not look good for lil Mark. Call me jaded but stepfather babysitting and both of Marks hands having been burned in the past...hinky city here. Wondering already how long this family as been involved with DFCS. :shakeshead:

Newburgh is not a very large town.. If indeed Mark did wander off, he couldn't be far! It is right on the Hudson River though.. It's been rather cold at night.. I hope Mark is ok.

Hi, all...general lurker here with first post. I live right across the river from Newburgh but nothing in my local paper :furious:. I am going to call some of my friends from over there to see if they've heard anything. This doesn't sound good at all...especially since we're right "on" the Hudson River.

Police said there had been no sighting of the boy. An Amber Alert has not been issued; Broe said that after investigation, it was determined that the case did not meet the state criteria. New York requires the abduction of a child — either witnessed or eliminating other possibilities through investigation — or a belief that the child is in danger of serious injury or death.
hello... the boy is four years old and it is cold outside! He has no coat on... issue the amber alert all ready!!!! he meets the criteria of "belief the child is in danger of serious injury or death" due to his sheer age alone!

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091215/NEWS/912150328

also... from articles I am seeing his name is marc anthony

I just went in and changed it to MarC. I had Mark there because one article I read said Mark.

Sources tell Fox 5 News that police have charged an upstate New York man with wreckless endangerment after the four-year-old boy in his care disappeared. Cops are looking for Marc Anthony Bookal. He was last seen at his home Monday in Newburgh, N.Y. on Benkard Avenue, police said. The door was left open and he was gone.
The man arrested is the boyfriend of Bookal's mother, said police.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_york_state/091214-newburgh-boy-missing

Okay I am confused. No one else is reporting this and is it the stepfather or the boyfriend:waitasec:

Wow. I live about 20 minutes from the area this boy disappeared from and I had no idea! Poor baby. I hope he is found safe and sound.

I have a sinking feeling though that this is yet another story that will have a very unhappy ending.

I just went in and changed it to MarC. I had Mark there because one article I read said Mark.
thanks AM! And thanks also for starting this thread for Marc Anthony. Poor little fella!

Wow. I live about 20 minutes from the area this boy disappeared from and I had no idea! Poor baby. I hope he is found safe and sound.

I have a sinking feeling though that this is yet another story that will have a very unhappy ending.

Me too Sleuthy (20 minutes away). Trying to reach my friend who is a few blocks away from where he went missing from - wondering if he might be in preschool with her 4 year old. Nothing in my paper here yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G14-Classified
Back