816 users online (104 members and 712 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547

    Haleigh Cummings Roundtable on 06/04/09

    ~A closer look at the roundtable discussion that occurred in June/2009~

    The Details*
    When:
    Thursday, June 4, 2009
    Hosted by:
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
    Attendees:
    Approximately 40 individuals including members from the following agencies;
    Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
    Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
    Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO)
    State (Florida) Attorney's Office
    Purpose:
    To discuss the current statis of the Haleigh Cummings investigation and the future investigative direction of the investigation;
    What has been accomplished thus far in the investigation
    What has yet to be accomplished/completed in the investigation
    Additional focus - Any new directions that may be persued
    Topics discussed:
    Review of the initial call
    Review of all searches performed to date
    Review of the significant amount of evidence collected by the FDLE crime scene technicians
    Review of interviews performed to date
    Conclusion:
    More than 4,000 leads received that need to be followed up on;
    >Various ways of prioritizing those leads
    Analysis of the evidence initially collected by FDLE CST's has not been completed;
    >Priorities discussed/set for analyzing remaining evidence
    Previous interviews to be re-conducted
    Each agency accepted responsibility for the various outstanding assignments discussed (above)
    NO suspects were identified
    NO persons were eliminated
    Looking ahead:
    Group intends to meet again in 30 days if the case has not yet been solved

    *All of the above information was disseminated from the following link:
    http://www.pcso.us/2009-6-5-a

    Time is the enemy...
    More then six months have passed since this roundtable took place. Captain Dick Schauland stated that the group would meet again in 30 days if the case had not been solved - from what we know, that next meeting did not/has not occurred, despite the fact that the case remains unsolved.

    Why no follow-up roundtable?
    The only answer that I can come up with is that the status of the investigation in the case remained unchanged from the time of the previous roundtable discussion, therefore it was determined that the meeting was not needed or appropriate at that time.

    Why should we care?
    Because the committment to a periodic roundtable discussion ensures that those involved in investigating this case will be held accountable to perform and complete the "assignments" they "accepted responsibility" for at the first roundtable discussion that occurred on June 4, 2009.
    Because if there are outstanding assignments ("assignments" is the term used in the article on the link provided referring to the investigative tasks to be performed), without the benefit of the roundtable discussion, including all agencies involved in this case, how can any outstanding assignments be identified, evaluated and a determination(s) made as to the reason(s) for an outstanding assignment(s).
    If there continues to be outstanding assignments more than six months later, since the initial roundtable discussion, wouldn't it be equally beneficial to the investigation/investigators in this case to identify and assess where and why certain "assignments" are hitting brick walls? Identifying and assessing that in itself may provide the investigators with another chapter in this tragic story -perhaps the chapter that leads them to Haleigh.
    Last edited by nomoresorrow; 12-15-2009 at 08:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,335
    Can we find out why there has been no follow-up roundtable since June? Wouldn't that be a simple question that could be answered by the lead investigator in the case? Are there no documents that explain why it hasn't happened?
    Last edited by Baznme; 12-16-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Can we find out why there has been no follow-up roundtable since June? Wouldn't that be a simple question that could be answered by the lead investigator in the case? Is there no documents that explain why it hasn't happened?
    I haven't been able to locate any documents that address this Baznme but I'm still looking and will continue to - I'll also call PCSO tomorrow morning and ask directly. Can't hurt, right?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    I haven't been able to locate any documents that address this Baznme but I'm still looking and will continue to - I'll also call PCSO tomorrow morning and ask directly. Can't hurt, right?
    I don't think so. If they don't know.......then I don't know who would? Right?
    My posts are my opinion only.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547
    Although I have found several mainstream local news media outlets that mention and/or refer to the initial roundtable discussion in June, none of them, other than an online news source that we can't link to, mentions the passing of time without a follow-up roundtable discussion as Captain Schauland had initially stated would take place in 6-months on the PCSO website. You'd think that a "real" news journalist/reporter would ask the obvious...

    JMHO's -

  6. #6
    Pondering Mind's Avatar
    Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    Posts
    5,425
    I know this is not the correct thread to ask this, but I'm kinda lost 'round here, lol...such a creature of habit I am and old habits die hard..

    This is a great topic nomoresorrow, just wish we had some new info.. something..anything new to discuss.

    I'm gonna ask real quick and hope that it's ok..

    I know some here are convinced that Ronald is still meeting with police..or at the very least that he probably is and we just don't know about it...I, myself am not one who believes anything of the sort.

    (1) Do we have any reason to believe that he or Misty either one are in ANY kind of communication with LE whatsoever? And if we do, why do we believe that?.. Am I wrong in my remembering that last we heard from LE that they were not?..IIRC Ronald said something to the effect of; there was nothing else he could add, or something like that...not sure what qualifies him to make that decision but I'm trying to be good..

    (2) When is the last time that we know for a fact that Ron or Misty spoke with LE regarding HaLeighs disappearance? For a FACT, an undisputed fact...

    (3) Did we not hear from LE that they had asked to speak to Ronald and he has refused? What about Misty?... I may very well be wrong, but I could have sworn that happened...help!!!..

    Sorry NMS, I don't know where to put these questions and don't want to open a thread when I don't know if there would be anything to discuss. Just trying to separate FACT from Fiction regarding this carp and remember what we know for sure..and unfortunately, it's just not a he!! of alot. I can't believe that I'm even asking these questions about a missing little girls father and whether or not he is talking to LE...some things you assume to be a given, not in this case tho.. everything about it just defies logic..at least in my mind anyway.. <sigh>..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Pondering Mind View Post
    I know this is not the correct thread to ask this, but I'm kinda lost 'round here, lol...such a creature of habit I am and old habits die hard..

    This is a great topic nomoresorrow, just wish we had some new info.. something..anything new to discuss.

    I'm gonna ask real quick and hope that it's ok..

    I know some here are convinced that Ronald is still meeting with police..or at the very least that he probably is and we just don't know about it...I, myself am not one who believes anything of the sort.

    (1) Do we have any reason to believe that he or Misty either one are in ANY kind of communication with LE whatsoever? And if we do, why do we believe that?.. Am I wrong in my remembering that last we heard from LE that they were not?..IIRC Ronald said something to the effect of; there was nothing else he could add, or something like that...not sure what qualifies him to make that decision but I'm trying to be good..

    (2) When is the last time that we know for a fact that Ron or Misty spoke with LE regarding HaLeighs disappearance? For a FACT, an undisputed fact...

    (3) Did we not hear from LE that they had asked to speak to Ronald and he has refused? What about Misty?... I may very well be wrong, but I could have sworn that happened...help!!!..

    Sorry NMS, I don't know where to put these questions and don't want to open a thread when I don't know if there would be anything to discuss. Just trying to separate FACT from Fiction regarding this carp and remember what we know for sure..and unfortunately, it's just not a he!! of alot. I can't believe that I'm even asking these questions about a missing little girls father and whether or not he is talking to LE...some things you assume to be a given, not in this case tho.. everything about it just defies logic..at least in my mind anyway.. <sigh>..
    I wish we knew all the answers to these questions but we (the public) know so little as to where this case investigation is at. That is what got me thinking back to the initial roundtable discussion and the peace-of-mind that it gave me at that time to know, at least, that all involved LE agencies were meeting and over-seeing one another, so to say. That gave me some measure of comfort. In addition I think initially it sent the message that LE in the state of Florida cared enough about a missing child case that they would arrange a roundtable discussion on the progress of the case at least once every six-months until the case is solved. Sadly, somewhere in all of this, the message seems to have gotten lost. JMHO -

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547

    So why isn't the local media asking questions?

    Where the investigation stood as of June 4, 2009:
    More than 4,000 leads received that need to be followed up on;
    >Various ways of prioritizing those leads
    Analysis of the evidence initially collected by FDLE CST's has not been completed;
    >Priorities discussed/set for analyzing remaining evidence
    Previous interviews to be re-conducted
    Each agency accepted responsibility for the various outstanding assignments discussed (above)
    NO suspects were identified
    NO persons were eliminated


    So what about now, more than 6-months later?
    Why isn't the media asking questions such as;

    1)Following the roundtable discussion on June 4, 2009, it was stated that there were over 4,000 leads that needed to be followed up on, how many of these leads have the investigators been able to follow-up on since that time?

    2) Has the analysis of the evidence collected by FDLE's CSI been completed?

    3) How many interviews have been re-conducted since June 4, 2009?

    4)Since June 4th, following the results of any leads that have been looked into, completed lab analysis of any evidence, and the re-conducting of interviews, have you been able to better identify a potential suspect or, at the very least, eliminate anyone?

  9. #9
    How interesting! I never knew about this Roundtable before?

    Pondering Mind, we could open a thread called "Family meetings with LE" or something like that if you'd like your post to be expounded upon. Seems to me it kinda fits in here though. It's up to you guys.

  10. #10
    watchinginky's Avatar
    watchinginky is offline Please let today be the day they find HaLeigh
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    ~A closer look at the roundtable discussion that occurred in June/2009~

    The Details*
    When:
    Thursday, June 4, 2009
    Hosted by:
    The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
    Attendees:
    Approximately 40 individuals including members from the following agencies;
    Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
    Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
    Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO)
    State (Florida) Attorney's Office
    Purpose:
    To discuss the current statis of the Haleigh Cummings investigation and the future investigative direction of the investigation;
    What has been accomplished thus far in the investigation
    What has yet to be accomplished/completed in the investigation
    Additional focus - Any new directions that may be persued
    Topics discussed:
    Review of the initial call
    Review of all searches performed to date
    Review of the significant amount of evidence collected by the FDLE crime scene techniciansReview of interviews performed to date
    Conclusion:
    More than 4,000 leads received that need to be followed up on;
    >Various ways of prioritizing those leads
    Analysis of the evidence initially collected by FDLE CST's has not been completed;
    >Priorities discussed/set for analyzing remaining evidence
    Previous interviews to be re-conducted
    Each agency accepted responsibility for the various outstanding assignments discussed (above)
    NO suspects were identified
    NO persons were eliminated
    Looking ahead:
    Group intends to meet again in 30 days if the case has not yet been solved

    *All of the above information was disseminated from the following link:
    http://www.pcso.us/2009-6-5-a

    Time is the enemy...
    More then six months have passed since this roundtable took place. Captain Dick Schauland stated that the group would meet again in 30 days if the case had not been solved - from what we know, that next meeting did not/has not occurred, despite the fact that the case remains unsolved.

    Why no follow-up roundtable?
    The only answer that I can come up with is that the status of the investigation in the case remained unchanged from the time of the previous roundtable discussion, therefore it was determined that the meeting was not needed or appropriate at that time.

    Why should we care?
    Because the committment to a periodic roundtable discussion ensures that those involved in investigating this case will be held accountable to perform and complete the "assignments" they "accepted responsibility" for at the first roundtable discussion that occurred on June 4, 2009.
    Because if there are outstanding assignments ("assignments" is the term used in the article on the link provided referring to the investigative tasks to be performed), without the benefit of the roundtable discussion, including all agencies involved in this case, how can any outstanding assignments be identified, evaluated and a determination(s) made as to the reason(s) for an outstanding assignment(s).
    If there continues to be outstanding assignments more than six months later, since the initial roundtable discussion, wouldn't it be equally beneficial to the investigation/investigators in this case to identify and assess where and why certain "assignments" are hitting brick walls? Identifying and assessing that in itself may provide the investigators with another chapter in this tragic story -perhaps the chapter that leads them to Haleigh.
    Bold and Red by me.

    I wonder why this "significant amount of evidence" hasn't been analyzed yet?

    "Stop acting like a two-year old".
    Jose Baez to Casey Anthony during jury selection


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Obvious to me, they do not want to say anything. Also obvious they are honed in on who they think is responsible for the crime and anything they say will tip their hand.

    ..........Sure as heck no stranger abduction or they would be talking. If they had no leads, they would also be talking.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    I don't know what TN was yapping about, by the looks of the meeting, the FBI were there and are involved. I guess she wants total involvement and complete use of them and not any local police involved. Well, if so, that is not going to happen.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    deep in the countryside of northern Alabama
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don't know what TN was yapping about, by the looks of the meeting, the FBI were there and are involved. I guess she wants total involvement and complete use of them and not any local police involved. Well, if so, that is not going to happen.

    lol....well I guess your guessing wrong about TN, perhaps what she was "yapping" about is the fact that her grandchild is gone, still missing after 10 months and Law Enforcement appear to be stumped as to what happened to her. Regardless of what you think about any of the families in this case, Law Enforcement still has a job to do. You seem to have tidied up your theory of Ronald accidentally/purposefully murdering Haleigh without much problem. Why hasn't Law Enforcement been able to do the same, especially with the FDLE and the FBI at their disposal? Since when do investigators wait for a murderer to leave evidence for them? In order to solve this case there needs to be a bit more actual "police work" IMO. That is what they are taught isn't it? investigate the crime, arrest a killer? For pete's sake depending on which investigator is speaking we get different information. Law Enforcement wants to say Misty is inconsistent? I wonder if they were tuned in when LT Greenwood gave his update on the investigation. Lots of inconsistencies in there. You pointed them out yourself on a couple of different threads just in the last few days.

    Are you going to tell me that they can't solve the crime because Ronald and Misty are lying and all their family are supporting them and helping them? What do families of criminals usually do? I want justice for Haleigh as much as you do Whisperer. Just as much. There is a reason why our country operates under the assumption that people are innocent until proven guilty, it's because they are. The way I see it, Law Enforcement is sitting under the porch waiting for a bigger dog to come in and solve the case. Please someone do something because I want the guilty punished and I want Teresa Neves and Marie Griffis right with Ronald and Crystal to have closure and begin that long walk to peace. A walk they will never come home from in their lifetime, a walk that long after his mother and father have finished, Junior will still be walking.

    In that roundtable discussion they accomplished one goal, pacification for 30 or 60 days. Round about when the next meeting time had come and gone, we started hearing that family members were giving LE 10 days, 10 days before they started raising a fuss. I believe that was Teresa Neves and I believe that was the last time she was going to let them try to make her believe that in just a few more days there would be some fireworks. If you would like me to go find the article this was in I will.
    The depths of which we are able to love will be measured by the depths we are able to love ourselves....et

    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must NEVER be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Nope, I don't want any article, thanks for asking though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Why don't I care about reading another article? I have explained my observations of reporters and journalists before. I have spoken with reporters and journalists. Each of us could support our case based on what is written but their articles are not accurate for the most part. Reporters do not verify what they write most often. LE will not give them the time of day, for the most part and will not confirm anything for them. They get most of their news from the AP and grab bits and pieces from others and create a whirlwind or hogpodge for an article.

    Unless there is a source named and it is verified, the articles are taken with a grain of salt. Same goes for the media reporting. Many of our facts in this case have come from TN and she wasn't there. She gets her information from.....? I say misty and ron, who according to what they have said have contradicted themselves and have zero credibility.
    Last edited by Whisperer; 12-16-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Haleigh Cummings Almost Drowned At 2??
    By Razzle in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:14 AM