720 users online (119 members and 601 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

Andrea Lyon's new book, Angel of Death Row: My life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, will be hitting the bookshelves in the next several weeks.

It includes her experience of defending a young mother accused of the murder of her baby girl and she handled the case.

Do you plan on purchasing or reading this book and do you think it will give insight into how she will handle KC's case?

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/23990273/Excerpt-from-Angel-of-Death-Row-by-Andrea-Lyon"]Excerpt from Angel of Death Row by Andrea Lyon@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/23990273?access_key=key-5n6q9klfr8jn9ftev8e@@AMEPARAM@@23990273@@AMEPARAM@ @key-5n6q9klfr8jn9ftev8e[/ame]

(click on EXCERPT link at top of book cover)
    Last edited by Kentjbkent; 12-15-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Andrea Lyon's new book, Angel of Death Row: My life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, will be hitting the bookshelves in the next several weeks.

It includes her experience of defending a young mother accused of the murder of her baby girl and she handled the case.

Do you plan on purchasing or reading this book and do you think it will give insight into how she will handle KC's case?
    No. I'm gonna wait for more of those conference videos she doesn't want released.

No. I don't ever want to think I contributed one thin dime toward KC's defense.
    One thing we do know this is this. If we have gotten to this stage, those same jurors have already decided that the face that Caylee Anthony saw in those final moments of her life was her mother`s face. - Assistant State's Attorney Jeffrey Ashton, December 11, 2009

Absolutely not!

Seriously? I think not (lol.)

I won't purchase it with my own hard-earned money, but I'm just curious enough to borrow it from my local library, if they carry it.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

I don't plan on purchasing it either. It sure looks even more suspiciously like a really good reason why she got involved in KC's case (hence....name of book....parallel interest).

I don't think she would have gotten any of the advanced publicity had she NOT signed on for KC's defense....

or if she had based this book on a previous case of hers involving a 45 year old asian gay man who killed his sister's former boyfriend's mother in law!

Of course not. I would add that anyone who does buy this piece of trash should be ashamed of themselves.

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Even if I were inclined to read it, it's a tough read. I don't like her writing style or her choice in clients.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Finklestein View Post
    Of course not. I would add that anyone who does buy this piece of trash should be ashamed of themselves.
    OK in that case i think I will purchase a copy pronto! Just to be a pill.

I am fine with AL saving KC from the DP and KC ending up with LIFE. If the book is about the Perps still doing time but being saved from the DP then I don't need to read it! I am only concerned if AL tries to save KC from her crime on some technicality or ruse. I'd suspect Caylee is happy where she is and happy where KC is .... they don't want to reunite too soon.

Justice for Caylee.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

I'll wait until all parts of the book come out. By that time I'll be long gone since the woman takes FOREVER to get anything out. Blah, blah, blah, blah...
    Want to Make a Difference? Here's Your Chance! Click HERE to Support Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

I honestly don't give two hoots about Andrea Lyon beyond her involvement in this case, so no. I won't read it.

Her rhetoric is tired and predictable, and while I don't believe in the death penalty, I DO believe in reading interesting things, and for that reason I won't waste my time.

Besides, she's been tainted in my mind based on her comments at the conference. All I could think when I was reading her sanctimonious excerpt was "strap-on" "genius" "killer" etc.

Meh. I'd rather read a cereal box or shampoo bottle.

JMO

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    it would be hard to follow if she writes like she talks.....listening to her friday fried my brain.....i think i used up every last brain cell that i had left after raising four teenagers ...trying to get thru friday.....
    Last edited by TakeNote; 12-16-2009 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    I honestly don't give two hoots about Andrea Lyon beyond her involvement in this case, so no. I won't read it.

Her rhetoric is tired and predictable, and while I don't believe in the death penalty, I DO believe in reading interesting things, and for that reason I won't waste my time.

Besides, she's been tainted in my mind based on her comments at the conference. All I could think when I was reading her sanctimonious excerpt was "strap-on" "genius" "killer" etc.

Meh. I'd rather read a cereal box or shampoo bottle.

JMO
    Well said. I haven't checked out the conference comments yet, but she does have a sanctimonious manner. I don't like the way she tries to plea for emotion for Casey not having anyone to visit her, poor Casey. AL wants everyone to have this emotional caring for the ever-lying stubborn Casey. I'm going to need more than a tear-jerker sob story to believe AL knows how to handle this case.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast