Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

Kentjbkent

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Andrea Lyon's new book, Angel of Death Row: My life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, will be hitting the bookshelves in the next several weeks.

It includes her experience of defending a young mother accused of the murder of her baby girl and she handled the case.

Do you plan on purchasing or reading this book and do you think it will give insight into how she will handle KC's case?

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/23990273/Excerpt-from-Angel-of-Death-Row-by-Andrea-Lyon"]Excerpt from Angel of Death Row by Andrea Lyon@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/23990273?access_key=key-5n6q9klfr8jn9ftev8e@@AMEPARAM@@23990273@@AMEPARAM@@key-5n6q9klfr8jn9ftev8e[/ame]

(click on EXCERPT link at top of book cover)

Andrea Lyon's new book, Angel of Death Row: My life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer, will be hitting the bookshelves in the next several weeks.

It includes her experience of defending a young mother accused of the murder of her baby girl and she handled the case.

Do you plan on purchasing or reading this book and do you think it will give insight into how she will handle KC's case?

No. I'm gonna wait for more of those conference videos she doesn't want released.

No. I don't ever want to think I contributed one thin dime toward KC's defense.

I won't purchase it with my own hard-earned money, but I'm just curious enough to borrow it from my local library, if they carry it.

I don't plan on purchasing it either. It sure looks even more suspiciously like a really good reason why she got involved in KC's case (hence....name of book....parallel interest).

I don't think she would have gotten any of the advanced publicity had she NOT signed on for KC's defense....

or if she had based this book on a previous case of hers involving a 45 year old asian gay man who killed his sister's former boyfriend's mother in law!

Of course not. I would add that anyone who does buy this piece of trash should be ashamed of themselves.

Even if I were inclined to read it, it's a tough read. I don't like her writing style or her choice in clients.

I am fine with AL saving KC from the DP and KC ending up with LIFE. If the book is about the Perps still doing time but being saved from the DP then I don't need to read it! I am only concerned if AL tries to save KC from her crime on some technicality or ruse. I'd suspect Caylee is happy where she is and happy where KC is .... they don't want to reunite too soon.

Justice for Caylee.

I'll wait until all parts of the book come out. By that time I'll be long gone since the woman takes FOREVER to get anything out. Blah, blah, blah, blah...

I honestly don't give two hoots about Andrea Lyon beyond her involvement in this case, so no. I won't read it.

Her rhetoric is tired and predictable, and while I don't believe in the death penalty, I DO believe in reading interesting things, and for that reason I won't waste my time.

Besides, she's been tainted in my mind based on her comments at the conference. All I could think when I was reading her sanctimonious excerpt was "strap-on" "genius" "killer" etc.

Meh. I'd rather read a cereal box or shampoo bottle.

JMO

it would be hard to follow if she writes like she talks.....listening to her friday fried my brain.....i think i used up every last brain cell that i had left after raising four teenagers :biggrin:...trying to get thru friday.....

I honestly don't give two hoots about Andrea Lyon beyond her involvement in this case, so no. I won't read it.

Her rhetoric is tired and predictable, and while I don't believe in the death penalty, I DO believe in reading interesting things, and for that reason I won't waste my time.

Besides, she's been tainted in my mind based on her comments at the conference. All I could think when I was reading her sanctimonious excerpt was "strap-on" "genius" "killer" etc.

Meh. I'd rather read a cereal box or shampoo bottle.

JMO

Well said. I haven't checked out the conference comments yet, but she does have a sanctimonious manner. I don't like the way she tries to plea for emotion for Casey not having anyone to visit her, poor Casey. AL wants everyone to have this emotional caring for the ever-lying stubborn Casey. I'm going to need more than a tear-jerker sob story to believe AL knows how to handle this case.

I also think AL took on KC for the fame. I never heard of her before in my life and likely never would have. I know she's supposed to be a big deal amongst her peers but so are people who play chess and I dont know who they are either.

Seems to me this excerpt released maybe what AL is going for in KC's case. SODDI. Hmm, now to explain those pesky 31 days, partying, tattoo, etc. Maybe later in the book it will explain that pesky problem.

I'll skip the book and wait for the trial.

Just read 2 paragraphs of the introduction and it explained the very reason AL is interested in the case.

KC is her classic client...no money...public opinion is guilty before trial and most want to see her dead.

There is part of me that is fascinated with AL...maybe because I deal with defense lawyers all day...(I have 14 children from 9 months to 25 years and I think I have heard way more defense lawyering then the average)...the defender of the helpless in her intrigues me...I wish she could say what she wanted in a fraction of the words though...I wouldn't mind reading a book from J Ashton either...the whole chess game phylosophy of the court room captivates me.

OTOH, it sickens me that to AL it really doesn't matter if her client is guilty it is winning the court game. I want KC to have her day in court but I want her to be...bit in the back side...not get off because she had wonder woman come to her rescue. :croc:

Nope won't be funding Andrea for any reason.. But I did notice that her photo on her "about the author" page is nice.. soooo she is able to clean up and do something with that hair of hers, too bad she isn't that professional looking when she stands before the judge:sick:.. I don't even think she is wearing any makeup let alone running a brush through that mop of hers. I wonder if it is a denfense tactic of some kind.....:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back