Tonight. Chat with Author and Websleuths Member Melissa Preddy. The Tara Grant Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tonight 10:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 Pacific Join Websleuth's for an On-Line Chat with the Authors of the True Crime Book, "Limb from Limb." The true story of Tara Grant.

Written by Websleuth's member Melissa Preddy and George Hunter, Limb from Limb is a fascinating detailed look at the truly bizarre murder of Tara Grant.

If you haven't read the book then you have to come to this chat. The authors will give us an in-depth look at one of the strangest cases we have ever had on Websleuths. com

If you have read the book (and it is getting rave reviews by the way) then I know you will have many questions for these two.

Here is the link with all the instructions for tonight's chat.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69168"]Chat open for discussion all day, every day! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please stop in and support Websleuths by participating in our chats.

Here is a brief bio on both authors;

George Hunter, a Detroit native and the leading crime reporter for The Detroit News, covered the Grant case from the day it hit the southeast Michigan media radar until the final verdict, and beyond. He spoke to Stephen Grant and other key players frequently as the investigation progressed and was the last journalist to have contact with Stephen moments before the now-convicted killer disappeared into a snowstorm on live TV, just as detectives were locating Tara's torso in the Grant garage.

Impressed by his detailed, well-sourced stories, New York's Kensington Publishing Co. approached George about turning the case into a true-crime novel. He agreed, and to date is the only writer to be granted cooperation by the Macomb County sheriff's office in chronicling the case.

George's collaborator, Melissa Preddy, also is a long-time Metro Detroit journalist, a life-long true-crime reader and a Websleuths fan going back to the early JonBenet days. In writing Limb from Limb, the team conducted personal interviews, reviewed public records and court documents, and even traveled to Michigan's rugged Upper Peninsula to research Tara's childhood and speak with those who knew her before Stephen Grant entered her short life.

Thanks to Websleuths for their interest and look forward to sharing behind-the-scenes details of the case during our live chat.

Tricia, thank you. I have spent the last two hours researching and reading up on this case. His confession is truly bone chilling. I hope I make it back in time from shopping to join you guys. I had never even heard of this case. :(

Thanks Tulessa.

I would encourage everyone to please join us. It is important that we show our guests that we really do have an interest in True Crime :)

Hi guys! I tried to get into chat when Mark Klaas was here and I couldn't get it to work. Any in sight into what I may be doing wrong? I can go into more detail if need be.

Thanks.

Nevermind, got it working. Woot!

rats, once again I'll have to miss it
have to be up at 5 a.m.

Hi guys! I tried to get into chat when Mark Klaas was here and I couldn't get it to work. Any in sight into what I may be doing wrong? I can go into more detail if need be.

Thanks.

Nevermind, got it working. Woot!

Good. See you there.

Weird, now it won't connect again. *stomps foot*

NVM again... I restarted comp and it let me in. :)

Oh man, I missed it. How did the chat go?

This was one of the cases I was really into. It would have been nice to hear more about Tara, cause I guarantee you those who followed the case had heard way too much from stephen. His father even killed himself because he couldn't bear the grief for what his son had done. Very sad all around.

For those that are intrested you can go to amazon.com and instead of paying for a Kindel reader, you can dowload the reader free to your PC you will still have to pay for some of your books, But I was able to buy this one for less than $4.50 and you can read it on your computer at your lesuire, anyone who needs help with this can PM me, I just love this free service I spend alot of time reading books on my puter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82