1344 users online (262 members and 1082 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MA - 3 year old "Bait Dog" recovered in MA

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...og_was_le.html

This dog was discovered shivering and on the verge of death on the side of the road in Hyde Park. The nature of her wounds made Animal Control instantly assess her as a "Bait Dog" used to test other dogs temperment towards fighting. She has HAND SUTURED bite wounds and a terrible fever among other issues. She will be treated and then quarantined for 6 months until it can be determined if any of the dogs who bit her gave her rabies etc....

email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Dog fighting is big all up and down the east coast*, and LE either turns a blind eye or doesn't believe it exists. It makes me

*it might be big other places too. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Dog fighting is big all up and down the east coast*, and LE either turns a blind eye or doesn't believe it exists. It makes me

I agree. I live in N.C. and there are so many dog fighting rings out here. I reported some now ex friends of mine for fighting them but all they got was a slap on the wrist.
    Last edited by Kymistry35; 12-16-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post

It makes me sick, too. It seems to be a ghetto thing--not just on the east coast...but then again, Michael Vick didn't exactly live in a ghetto.
    I just don't understand why people want to hurt innocent creatures.

The dog fight owners around here seem to be mostly semi-rural twentysomethings with a bad attitude, from small mill towns with no future. Mostly male, mostly white. The kind of people who used to deal crank before the Sudafed supply dried up. I have wondered whether the current popularity stemmed from the habit of keeping vicious dogs to guard the drug supply.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    That is sick. Again, I question the mental stability of anyone who harms animals or puts them in harms way.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I would hope that anyone guilty of dog fighting, is seriously checked out as to whether their children are abused also. I have seen an incidence of this here in TX. A child was brought in with 10 dog bites, a few potentially life threatening, after she got "involved" with 2 fighting dogs. Turned out the parents of the 4 year old left her home alone to watch her 1 year old brother and the "family dogs" got in a fight. She got scared and tried to hose them down, like she had seen her father do. Neighbors heard her screaming and called the police.

What amazed me is that this got NO publicity in local news?! This child will have physical and emotional scars for life. I think being nice to her parents was one of the hardest things I have had to do as a nurse.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    That was wrongly attributed to Ghandi, in truth no one knows who said that. But it's so TRUE.

People who participate in dog fighting are definitely showing their lack of moral progress, and it only follows that they treat each other, and their most vulnerable members, at least as badly

It's terrible around here too. The police pretty much turn a blind eye to it. If they literally walk into a dog fight, they will do something about it, but there is no real investigation.
    Makes me sick. That's what our Buddha was born for, although he was rescued before he could be used as a bait dog.

SunnieRN - I couldn't agree with you more. There is a line that you cross when you can see any living creature as undeserving of kindness or mercy, and I think it is not really possible to go back. If you think of a dog as nothing but a financial asset, and treat them as totally expendable, then it's a small step to treating weaker people the same way.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...og_was_le.html

This dog was discovered shivering and on the verge of death on the side of the road in Hyde Park. The nature of her wounds made Animal Control instantly assess her as a "Bait Dog" used to test other dogs temperment towards fighting. She has HAND SUTURED bite wounds and a terrible fever among other issues. She will be treated and then quarantined for 6 months until it can be determined if any of the dogs who bit her gave her rabies etc....

I haven't even read the article you linked and I am so angry!! This just makes me sick.....I will read more when I calm down! Please let me know if they are collecting $$$ for her care and recovery. Now I am feeling so sad, too!!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Put any of those !@#$%^&* in front of me anytime. I'll investigate them if LE is so unwilling to - I'll be the judge & jury too. They might not like my style of vigilante justice though.

Animal abusers don't deserve to breathe the same air as the animals they hurt. They're the worst pos who roam the earth.

I'm pretty pissed to hear that LE in that area doesn't want to be bothered with it. The only way to get more funding aimed at it is if people like us make it known that we care. It's unacceptable that it's almost 2010 & there's morons on this earth who profit from abusing animals.

Oh yeah, and one last word - the pos who go & bet on dogfights are just as bad as the dogowners. Scum on the bottom of my shoe. Waste of space losers.

I am in tears, just look at that poor girl! The worthless POS who used that sweet baby as a "bait dog" should have to endure the same torture.
    Last edited by LoveMyDogs; 12-17-2009 at 03:10 AM.

What blew me away about the article was the statement from the Animal control officer indicating she showed NO AGRESSION whatsoever in the car while he transported her. She moaned softly and shivered. After all of that heinous abuse. NO AGRESSION. I hope she makes it.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Without evening reading article (which I did) my heart breaks for her. A picture is worth a 1,000 words.

That sweet little dog must have had a guardian angel that led that good samaritan to her. I hope she is able to recover completely and find a good home.

Sometimes it's hard to believe that we have so many demented people living on this planet that make dog fighting so popular. Then again, after reading websleuths daily, I guess it isn't so hard to believe.

I only wish they could find out her dumped her and rescue the rest of the animals being tortured there.

I agree with everything you all are saying. It is sickening what our society tolerates. I wish those fighting dogs would turn on their owners and give them a taste of their own medicine. I hate to sound so vindictive but I HATE animal abusers.

My little Bella was used as bait. She was rescured by an animal welfare group in Texas about 5 years ago. Everytime I look at her precious face I wonder what her life must have been like before and if she remembers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast