GUILTY AR - Michael Palmer, 28, & Hannah Dowdie, 23 mos, murdered, Sweet Home, 12 Dec 2009

STEADFAST

Reaction score
Michael Palmer and his daughter, Hannah Grace Dowdie, had not been seen since Saturday. The bodies, found burned beyond recognition on dead-end Wilbern Road near Granite Mountain Quarries, were in a small GMC truck registered to Palmer, Rehrauer said.
http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2009/dec/16/bodies-said-be-dad-daughter-20091216/

The deaths have been ruled homicides. I wonder who did it? Oh, wait, here's another tidbit from the story:

Saline County court records show that Dowdie [the mom, who has lost custody] burned her daughter with a cigarette in April last year, then called police and said a stranger did it. When a Saline County sheriff’s deputy asked her about it, however, Dowdie confessed.
“I did it,” Dowdie told the deputy, according to th e court records. “I burned her. I need help.”

This is sick. Once again, a perfect example of someone who shouldn't be allowed to breed.

This is so sad. Rest in Paradise. I hope they catch whoever did this.

This is horrible. I pray they catch whoever did this.

RIP Michael and Hannah.

On mom's (KD's) "myYearbook" page, she says she's 6 ft tall, and says what she'd like to see before she dies is "my daughter." Also says the things most important to her are "family," "sex," and "kinky, kinky."

Little Hannah looks like a Pixie!! I guess now she's a Pixie Angel. RIP, little one.

Why the "F" can't these sick adults leave the kids out of it??? I am so tired of this kind of thing.... and right before Christmas. They should have been looking forward to next week.....not this. So sad.....

Here's a very small article of the foster parents of this poor little speaking out. They went to DHS with concerns that Hannah was most likely in danger with her bio father.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1209/687836.html

I didn't see where it stated that Filly.

"The Carrs say they went to DHS with concerns for Hannah's safety, but Kevin says their cries for help were ignored.

So did the mother lose custody and then DHS gave her to her dad?

imo

That's what it sounds like to me.

"Hannah's foster parents cared for her until November 11, and now they are speaking out about the girl they loved as their own."

Just hazarding a guess here but it sounds as if the Carr foster family cared for Hannah from a very young age...possibly birth.....and she was returned to her bio Dad a month before this happened. Foster parents often may give their opinions about a court action but do not have actual standing in court. JMO

I didn't see where it stated that Filly.

"The Carrs say they went to DHS with concerns for Hannah's safety, but Kevin says their cries for help were ignored.

So did the mother lose custody and then DHS gave her to her dad?

imo

After her mother (K. Dowdie) burned her with a cigarette in April of 2008 --
"Child-welfare workers took custody of Hannah after her release from a hospital, according to the court records.
Dowdie pleaded guilty to second-degree battery and filing a false police report and was sentenced in August 2008 to six years’ probation." http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2009/dec/16/bodies-said-be-dad-daughter-20091216/ Her parents were not together. I don't know if the father had custody or not. But I think probably the mother was not allowed visitation because in her myYearbook page she says she'd like to see her daughter before dying..

Short news story from Jan 1, 2008, when Hannah was born:
"It's official.

The first baby born in Central Arkansas this year, arrived at UAMS early this morning.

Hannah Grace Dowdie was born at 2:57 AM.

Her mother, 19 year old Kayla Dowdie is from Saline County.

She went into labor about 8:00 last night.

New Year’s Day morning Kayla said she was tired, of course.... but very thankful.

"She's a miracle baby... I've miscarried twice before," she said."
http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=63746

Four months later, Dowdie was burning her daughter with a cigarette.

Here's a very small article of the foster parents of this poor little speaking out. They went to DHS with concerns that Hannah was most likely in danger with her bio father.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1209/687836.html

Bold mine.

I didn't see this part about the bio father in the article, unless they have revised the article since you posted. I wonder if it was either the mom, or if it could have been someone who had a beef with bio dad. Doesn't seem like dad would catch her and himself on fire as a suicide. Someone else must have done this. JMO.

Bold mine.

I didn't see this part about the bio father in the article, unless they have revised the article since you posted. I wonder if it was either the mom, or if it could have been someone who had a beef with bio dad. Doesn't seem like dad would catch her and himself on fire as a suicide. Someone else must have done this. JMO.

I totally agree. It wouldn't surprise me if the father had already been killed before he was thrown into the bed of the truck.

Makes me wonder if the murderer even knew the precious little girl was in the passenger seat when they sat fire to the truck but if they did then they have to be a cold hearted monster.

I also wonder if it was the mom or if mom had a boyfriend who could have done this.

He may turnout not to be the best daddy in the world but he did have his little girl with him.

She sure had no mother that loved her. The mother saying she wants to see her daughter before she dies makes me want to puke! For what? So she could burn her again with a cigarette?:furious:

imo

Here is a different link to an article titled "Foster Family Speaks Out":

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/fulltext/?cid=279042

The end of the article says:

The Carrs said they are in no way blaming Palmer. They said they had expressed concerns to DHS about the placement, but could not elaborate on what those concerns were about.

I totally agree. It wouldn't surprise me if the father had already been killed before he was thrown into the bed of the truck.

Makes me wonder if the murderer even knew the precious little girl was in the passenger seat when they sat fire to the truck but if they did then they have to be a cold hearted monster.

I also wonder if it was the mom or if mom had a boyfriend who could have done this.

He may turnout not to be the best daddy in the world but he did have his little girl with him.

She sure had no mother that loved her. The mother saying she wants to see her daughter before she dies makes me want to puke! For what? So she could burnon her again with a cigarette?:furious:

imo

On KD's myYearbook page, she says what's most important to her is "the love of my life, my gf Heather." Then, identifying what she's thinking about, she says, "my man, my man, heather my girlfriend, my daughter, my man." In her bedroom, she says you'll find, "3 dogs, my man, my girlfriend, and toys."
So, if the mom was involved, I'd say they need to look at her man AND her girlfriend. Practically the only person who posts to her page is some guy who lists a bunch of "jugaloos" and "jugalettes" on his page. KD also lists things like loving horror films and being scared and thrills. Reminds me of AB in the Elizabeth Olten case.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=95972

John Rehrauer of the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department says, "We have received some information from the medical examiner. We're not releasing anything right now. This is a complicated investigation right now we don't want to do anything to deter that investigation, and hopefully the eventual prosecution of the people that are responsible. We're really being kind of tight lipped on information on this."

Kincaid says Palmer recently became very family oriented and spoke often about his daughter. We have reason to believe Hannah may have been under the care of DHS recently. Investigators and the folks from DHS say they have no comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back