Misty's Body Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Let's go out on a limb here. I've enjoyed reading about KC's body language in the Caylee Forum and want to try the same discussion here. From day one in this case when I watched Misty's first interview, I felt her body language was telling us she was being deceptive. There are a lot of resources on the internet that describe body language and perhaps we can get some clues to when she is truthful and when she is not, based on interviews.

Please link which interview you are describing so we can all see what you are seeing.

Also, if anyone posts about her hair style, clothes, cigarette smoking or things of that nature, I will delete it without warning. Let's focus on how her eyes move, whether her face turns red, things like that.

There are some interesting resources on the Caylee thread if you'd like to check them out.

I'm interested in seeing what you all think! I have my personal observation opinions, but I haven't done any research at all.

In ALL of Misty's interviews, she has one habit which is consistent: She sticks her chin out as she speaks. It is an act of defiance, a "you can believe me or not, I don't care" gesture. Link ...... everywhere :)

In ALL of Misty's interviews, she has one habit which is consistent: She sticks her chin out as she speaks. It is an act of defiance, a "you can believe me or not, I don't care" gesture. Link ...... everywhere :)

Interesting observation! I'm going to go and Google that not because you didn't have a link, but because I'm dang curious! LOL

Here is something I found about the chin:

Jutting

The chin can be used as a subtle pointing device and a small flick of the head may give a small signal that only people in the know are likely to notice.

Jutting out the chin towards a person exposes it and says 'Go on, I dare you, try to hit me and see what happens!' This can thus be a signal of defiance, if not towards the other person then instead towards some situation or person in the conversation.

Jutting may also exposes the teeth and is a thus a threat to bite which may be added to an aggressive display.

Pointing at a person with the finger is a threatening act. Doing it briefly with the chin is more covert and can thus be an insult.
<snipped?

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/chin_body_language.htm

Lips moving = body language = LIES...JMO

I have to agree with you there! But, is there a part of her description of that night that is the truth? Can her body language give us an idea?

Also, what about interview with her and Ron when she was asked about why her story changed and she said "I don't know".

Her defiance onthe Today Show interview seems to come when she talks about the new detective being rude to her...

When she states "I don't know" as to WHY there were inconsistences in her statement she looks like a lost puppy dog, and looks to Ronald Cummings to offer an explanation.
That interview revealed that Ronald Cummings was the one who had been telling her what to say and WHY her story changed...JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1PlszjkZ5Q

Oh thank you! I was going to look for that interview! Right now I'm researching something though. BBL to this topic!

Her defiance onthe Today Show interview seems to come when she talks about the new detective being rude to her...

When she states "I don't know" as to WHY there were inconsistences in her statement she looks like a lost puppy dog, and looks to Ronald Cummings to offer an explanation.
That interview revealed that Ronald Cummings was the one who had been telling her what to say and WHY her story changed...JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1PlszjkZ5Q

Ron's posture in the freeze frame shot on this video speaks to a defiance. But using the link (same link I had, Kimster!) Kim provided, if you'll look at Misty's hands in that same freeze shot, they're trying to hide. Hiding hands:
Hiding

Hands are often used in communication and hiding the hands may indicate a desire not to communicate or not to collaborate, saying 'I don't want to talk with you' or 'I do not agree with you'.
This may be done in a deliberate gesture of defiance, such as stuffing hands in pockets. Liars may hide their hands in fear that they will give themselves away.
Hiding hands may also be a position of listening, sending the message 'I do not want to talk because I want to listen to you.'
Putting hands in pockets or behind the back can also be due to just feeling relaxed and not needing to talk.

Misty strutting out of the courthouse with another gal, perhaps Lindsey and a child in toe fligging her cigarette really got to me. A sense of entitlement.

Misty strutting out of the courthouse with another gal, perhaps Lindsey and a child in toe fligging her cigarette really got to me. A sense of entitlement.

That was out of the Sheriff's office, and it was a strut, and it was smoking as she went, knowing she's underage for smoking, walking on LE's property.

What I don't understand is why a young couple dating/living together just a few months would be comfortable with two children in the bed with them.

This is an odd bunch Beatrice. I think it is hard for us understand them because they are so different. I bet misty didn't like it one bit. She may have been the one prompting them to sleep in separate rooms. I wonder how that went over...I expect not well.

On second thought, I bet the kids didn't sleep with ron. The bed could have been staged..oh heck, I am getting myself confused...lol

Seems there could be alot of jealousy/resentment between Misty & Haleigh.

I'm going to check Eyes for Lies and see if there was an analysis of Misty's behavior on there like there was of RC.

Oh, and noting the chin jutting? Fantastic observation!

I think this body language thread should be expanded to all of the players. There's certainly a wealth of observations to draw from.

What I see is somebody who is very child-like in their mannerisms and behavior, very much like the baby of the family. You know what I'm trying to say? Someone who is manipulative by playing the roll they think will get them the best treatment.Crocodile tears anyone?

Quiet and sullen when in the presence of the adults who are taking control of things for her. Shoulders rolled forward, slightly slumped, hands in her lap. Quite willing to take the back seat and let somebody else handle the hard stuff for her.
Defiant and challenging when asked directly about Haleigh and what really happened that night. Shoulders back, looking eye to eye, chin out and up. Almost daring the other person to 'take her on.'
But when she's asked about herself she shiny and glowing.She thinks the media or public wants to know about HER not Haleigh, like in the engagement ring videos. Very much acting like 'it's all about ME!'

Her behavior has evolved a bit. I remember in the airport video she acted somewhat condecending. Shrugging her shoulders, "whatever" Like she's acting like she's answering questions, but she's really just placating the reporter and keeping her temper just barely under the surface.
Still manipulative.

On that still shot of Ron and Misty, i see defensive body language.

debs, you hit the nail on the head with misty. Ron sitting there with his arms crossed is typical of someone who is on the defense.

I think this body language thread should be expanded to all of the players. There's certainly a wealth of observations to draw from.

Good idea, but it could get complicated in just one thread. I want to chat about this too, but I'm wrapped up in Christmas stuff this week.

ETA: A cup of coffee and another decision. :) I'm going to keep a Misty thread on this because she is the one LE has their eye on. I'm going to open another thread on other players' body language. These kinds of threads can easily go off topic. Please open a new thread if your thoughts move in another direction. Thanks!

In the same link provided above, Misty's body language in the wedding video is actually appropriate for a bride, if you didn't understand the circumstances in which this wedding is taking place. She's appropriately giddy, giggly, suitably happy, and genuinely playful as she shoves cake into her groom's face. So why should this raise concern in terms of body language?

Because of the situation: The groom's daughter disappeared under her watch and it is set so fully aside to take on the bride's giddy appropriate behavior, it causes concern. There is no hint at all from the glimpse we get of the wedding that there is a pall over this bride over the disappearance of her husband's child. One could watch that video and only wonder why the groom seemed so reluctant but the bride so happy.

This discordance between bride and groom's body language is literally palpable. It LEAPS off the screen and causes a visceral reaction in the viewer. Knowing the situation...that a child has been missing for 31 days causes the viewer to immediately begin examining the faces and body language of everyone in the video to see if there is anything which can make the discordance between bride and groom connect. There is none. There is snapping of pictures, making of videos, showing off rings, cake eating. But it is as though for two separate reasons: The bride got married and the groom looks to be at a funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie