747 users online (100 members and 647 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

MO - Female proctor parent charged with rape of teen

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14017466

"An Orem proctor parent is facing multiple rape charges after she allegedly had sex with a teenage boy placed in her care.

Thirty-year-old Ashley Cloward's role was much like a foster parent, said Department of Human Services spokeswoman Liz Sollis, except she could take in children with special needs.

She is accused of having a sexual relationship with one of those children, a 17-year-old boy, according to police. Cloward was charged Wednesday with two counts of rape, one count each of forcible sodomy and object rape, first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony."

A little rant here!!! It is NOT a sexual relationship when the victim is a minor. Let's wake up here and call it what it is. The fact that the woman is also serving as a parental authority and the child has special needs adds the issue of implied control. When are we going to stop seeing the media refer to older woman/male child rape as a "sexual relationship"?

I agree Missizzy. I have a feeling this might not be the first young man she has abused. Sad, but it seems you can't trust anyone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14017466

"An Orem proctor parent is facing multiple rape charges after she allegedly had sex with a teenage boy placed in her care.

Thirty-year-old Ashley Cloward's role was much like a foster parent, said Department of Human Services spokeswoman Liz Sollis, except she could take in children with special needs.

She is accused of having a sexual relationship with one of those children, a 17-year-old boy, according to police. Cloward was charged Wednesday with two counts of rape, one count each of forcible sodomy and object rape, first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony."

A little rant here!!! It is NOT a sexual relationship when the victim is a minor. Let's wake up here and call it what it is. The fact that the woman is also serving as a parental authority and the child has special needs adds the issue of implied control. When are we going to stop seeing the media refer to older woman/male child rape as a "sexual relationship"?
    Yes, why is it called a "sexual relationship" (gag) if it is a woman who is raping an underage boy?

These double standards has got to stop and the media is partly to blame. And this boy may have been a special needs child. Sickening.

imo
    Last edited by oceanblueeyes; 12-18-2009 at 01:04 PM.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

The issue of a double standard in reporting sex crimes concerning adults and children was really brought to light in Oregon a few years ago when our former Governor, Neil Goldschmidt, was found to have raped a child.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Goldschmidt[/ame]

In 2004, the Willamette Week, broke a story concerning Governor Goldschmidt.

"On May 6, under pressure from Willamette Week, Goldschmidt publicly announced that he had engaged in a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl for an extended period during his first term as Mayor of Portland.

Sex with a person under 16 years of age constitutes third degree rape under Oregon law, a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. By the time the relationship had become public, however, the statute of limitations had expired, making Goldschmidt immune from any prosecution over the matter.

Under Oregon law, Goldschmidt would have been required to register as a sex offender, had he been convicted of the crime of third degree rape."

There was a huge outcry from the citizens of Oregon (myself included) who very vehemently stated that the Governor most certainly did NOT have a relationship...he raped a child. Thank goodness that Wikipedia finally corrected matters and states on their site:

"Goldschmidt was widely considered the most influential figure in Oregon politics, both as an elected public official and as a lobbyist and policy consultant, until he was revealed to have sexually abused an underage girl over a period of three years, when she was 14 to 17 years old, during his first term as Mayor of Portland, when he was in his mid 30s."

IMO, we all have to be vigilant with our choice of words and the words used by our media. This mindset permeates our society and minimizes the crimes of child rapists.

I'll never forget the director of Crime Victims United chewing me out for saying that my children had been "molested". He sharply asked me what the man was convicted of and I replied, "Rape". He told me, in clear words, that the man was rapist and I should never minimize the crimes committed against our children. I've never forgotten that advice.