List Attorney/Client visits we wish to request/Jail Logs uploaded in post 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There are certain visits that would be of interest to us, on or around particular events in this case.

1. The very , very first meeting

2. Any meeting that shows what, if anything, Baez was showing Casey things on the computer. ( We learned in a visit with her parents that he indeed showed her an episode of Nancy Grace, "He wanted me to have a good laugh", she said. That was a huge glimpse of the misguided advice/opinions she was receiving in my opinion.

3. I am interested to see if when Dominick met with her if was as part of the defense legal team by some imagined extension of attorney/client relationship or if it was simply a normal visit as the family visits ( Casey at location A, the visitor at location B , and on the phone ). We never did see that video. If it was the latter, which I suspect it was, that makes me believe indeed there are jail visitation videos we haven't seen. If anyone has that video of the day Dom and brother went to the jail, please post it for me.lee-anthony-and-dominic-casey1.png

4. Video of the date of Caylee's birthday

5. Video of the date of Caylee's memorial

6. The video of defense meeting with her after this recent hearing where Mr. Ashton told her what time it is, effectively. I would jokingly title it THE We are not on Hope Spring Drive anymore, Baby Doll ,meeting.

I feel guilty even making this list, because the idea of attorney/client meetings being released, even without audio I am against. It just screams out appeal to me. :waitasec:However, if it is the law there, and indeed the media can and will request them, we may as well request the ones that will be most instructive to study, because STUDY is indeed what is going to go on. New definition will be given to the word dissect.

What would you be interested to see? Do you agree it seems fundamental that we shouldn't be seeing these? I am not thinking of Casey's rights, but everyones! I understand the judge doesn't make the laws, so it is not his fault.

The one from yesterday would be great! Also the one just after she watched the news report of Caylee being found...not the reaction video, we know we won't get that one but the one where JB visits with her afterward and of course the coaching video prior to last weeks hearing...gotta get that one for sure. :dance:

Great thread!

I would also like to see these videos:

- when she learned about the play in Australia
- when she learned that her family went on a cruise
- after the 48 hours special and when she found out how much money they made

Great thread!

I would also like to see these videos:

- when she learned about the play in Australia
- when she learned that her family went on a cruise
- after the 48 hours special and when she found out how much money they made

Oh yeah!

All of them - to study the progression of interaction over time . . .

(okay, and b/c I'm nosey)

I can't for the life of me remember ever seeing any video with a client with their lawyer.
At this point, I can be honest and say that even though I think the video's could be juicy and give us so much to talk about during a time when things are so slow.....
I don't want to see them.
For some reason, I think that this is just wrong..
I believe with everything in my body that Casey is guilty of 1st degree murder, and I want so badly for her to pay for that either by LWOP or the death penalty..but....
I don't know, it just seems like the attorney client privileged should be just that..privileged even though there is no audio..

Am I crazy in thinking this.?
Now, if someone can tell me that there is no chance of winning an appeal because of this, I would entertain the OP and tell all that I would like to see...LOL

In all honesty, I don't think the "in Jail" Surveillance video is technically a public record; which is why we have not seen any released. I think Judge Strickland may have overlooked this when he wrote his order.

See Section 119.071(2)(d), Florida Statutes. "General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.--"

s. 119.071(2)(d) - Any information revealing surveillance techniques or procedures or personnel is exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution. Any comprehensive inventory of state and local law enforcement resources compiled pursuant to part I, chapter 23, and any comprehensive policies or plans compiled by a criminal justice agency pertaining to the mobilization, deployment, or tactical operations involved in responding to emergencies, as defined in s. 252.34(3), are exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution and unavailable for inspection, except by personnel authorized by a state or local law enforcement agency, the office of the Governor, the Department of Legal Affairs, the Department of Law Enforcement, or the Department of Community Affairs as having an official need for access to the inventory or comprehensive policies or plans.

I can't for the life of me remember ever seeing any video with a client with their lawyer.
At this point, I can be honest and say that even though I think the video's could be juicy and give us so much to talk about during a time when things are so slow.....
For some reason, I think that this is just wrong.
snipped respectfully
bbm

I agree with you, this to me is part of the attorney client privilege and I feel it is wrong for anyone to view them. Now, the tapes of visiting family I am all for viewing.

In all honesty, I don't think the "in Jail" Surveillance video is technically a public record; which is why we have not seen any released. I think Judge Strickland may have overlooked this when he wrote his order.

See Section 119.071(2)(d), Florida Statutes. "General exemptions from inspection or copying of public records.--"

I believe what you say - you are the expert - and it makes sense.

Did Baez include that in his motion to seal the one after Caylee's remains were found? If not, why?

This changes my mind about wanting them released -
I don't want any rules broken that could be brought up in appeals.

Thank for clarifying- you have been extremely helpful to us here at WS.

I agree with those saying that if releasing the tapes gives KC a crack at an appeal, I can easily contain my curiosity. I don't want anything done that opens the door to an appeal.

I say release them all and let the chips fall where they may. I believe 99% of this is a set up for a challenge to the Sunshine Laws anyway.

For some reason, I think that this is just wrong..
I believe with everything in my body that Casey is guilty of 1st degree murder, and I want so badly for her to pay for that either by LWOP or the death penalty..but....
I don't know, it just seems like the attorney client privileged should be just that..privileged even though there is no audio..

Am I crazy in thinking this.?
Now, if someone can tell me that there is no chance of winning an appeal because of this, I would entertain the OP and tell all that I would like to see...LOL

ITA ITA ITA.

I'm as nosey as anyone but I do not want to see these! WRONG.

I'm one who dosen't want to see tapes of client and attorneys. I just think it's wrong. Even if I may think there have been underhanded behavior in this case dosen't make it right for me to see the tapes. I also don't think they need to be seen in order to get a conviction. KC did what she did and I have faith in the prosecution to lay it out at trial in order to convict her. Thank you.

I'd like to see what constructive defense work was being done 8 hours a day at JB's office every day while she was out on bond...........searching for her kidnapped toddler.
I see the defense has knocked that wiggle hipped, look at me, me, me walk out of KC. Or maybe it's the shackles, never mind.
In any case, I can live without tapes of JB and his client. It's Christmas and I don't want to be more of 'a hater'. :cool:

I'll bet dollars to donuts that going forward JB insists on sitting with his face to the camera so we can't see KC's reactions and he can argue the tapes shouldn't be released because we can read lips. This will sure eliminate any twizzler moments though.

Why would JB even ask to have them destroyed if they would never have a chance of being released? And did he just shoot himself in the foot...again??

If they are sure that showing the vids will not harm the case, then I would like to see the touching vids and the candy one.

If they can be released I think they should wait until after trial that way they cant use it as a appeal.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that going forward JB insists on sitting with his face to the camera so we can't see KC's reactions and he can argue the tapes shouldn't be released because we can read lips. This will sure eliminate any twizzler moments though.

:waitasec: It is a sure bet we will have trouble reading JB's lips since he talks out of bothsides of his mouth!!:dance::dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member