1038 users online (188 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Body Language of other players

I'm pleased that others think this topic as interesting as I do

Here is a thread for other players, not Misty. You can compare these players to Misty, however. But keep the main analyzing of Misty's body language on Misty's thread.

If there is discussion that doesn't describe body language, but instead moves toward poking fun at them or things of that nature, the post will be removed without warning or explanation. That has happened on threads of this sort and is not allowed. Keep it "professional" is the best way I can describe it.

PLEASE use links for specific behaviors to make it easy for the rest of us to follow. Thanks!

ETA: These kinds of threads can easily go off topic. Please open a new thread if your thoughts move in another direction.
    Last edited by Kimster; 12-18-2009 at 12:32 PM.

Does someone have a link to the video with Marie and Crystal where Marie stares at Crystal with a pleading look on her face? I can't access youtube right now.
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

And Chad avoiding eye contact please and thanks.
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie JMO View Post
    Does someone have a link to the video with Marie and Crystal where Marie stares at Crystal with a pleading look on her face? I can't access youtube right now.
    At 3:30 or so in this video, Flossie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32-t...eature=related
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

And Chad avoiding eye contact please and thanks.

At this link, I believe, Flossie:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...131221&catid=3

Body language I know is important, I just have a rough time figuring out what is just nervousness, emotions, exhaustion etc and what is something else. I think anyone close to Haleigh would be going thru all those emotions after different times and without knowing these people we don't know how they act in various situations.

I know it is an important tool, I just am not good at reading body language in these circumstances.

To me, in that first video, Marie seems to be seething under the surface. She has a firm grasp on Crystal's hand. When she glances at Crystal, as Flossie describes it, 'with a pleading look' it would seem she is attempting to will Crystal into saying something, and Crystal resists.

It was this video which led me to believe that Marie controlled Crystal a lot. The dominant hand position, the jaw clenching....Marie is mad. I could not say whether she is mad at Crystal, but it certainly appears so. In other videos, Marie's anger is directed verbally at Ronald and Misty and their inconsistencies, and though she may verbally say she's setting aside their differences, one can see quite clearly she is not.

Her eyes look away quite a bit, but I am not sure whether that is with the uncertain use of the monitor/camera issue or not. She is more intense overall, and probably the most intense person after Ronald Cummings in terms of body language.

Both of them exhibit quite a bit of under-the-surface anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Busylady View Post
    Body language I know is important, I just have a rough time figuring out what is just nervousness, emotions, exhaustion etc and what is something else. I think anyone close to Haleigh would be going thru all those emotions after different times and without knowing these people we don't know how they act in various situations.

I know it is an important tool, I just am not good at reading body language in these circumstances.
    Here is a site about body language that might help, Busylady.

http://changingminds.org/index.htm

Crystal in that same video (and many others) rocks back and forth. She also sits with her shoulders pushed back. Generally you would see that in someone who is under attack. On the site Kimster posted, it says it can also be a movement used when someone wants to "disappear" or not be seen, a defensive move to protect oneself.

The rocking is a self-nurturing tactic. I conclude that sitting there for this interview, Crystal was attempting to do whatever she could to protect herself from a perceived attack.

Here is an interview with Misty, sometime after the Today show. The interview is more of a head shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNe0zHiLtgo
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 09:01 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    Crystal in that same video (and many others) rocks back and forth. She also sits with her shoulders pushed back. Generally you would see that in someone who is under attack. On the site Kimster posted, it says it can also be a movement used when someone wants to "disappear" or not be seen, a defensive move to protect oneself.

The rocking is a self-nurturing tactic. I conclude that sitting there for this interview, Crystal was attempting to do whatever she could to protect herself from a perceived attack.
    I also see rocking as self comforting.
    We rock babies and children when they're upset. Many adults rock themselves when they cry.

There are several videos I could link, so I didn't, but still wanted to throw my in . . .

I've always noticed RC's cold, stiff nature when he's interviewing alongside MC. His jaw is clenched and doesn't lean to MC for any comfort. But when he interviews alongside others, he's complete opposite. I especially noticed this when he did an interview with his sister (I'm sorry, can't remember which show). He looked like a grieving father should look. He was slouched as if exhausted, he teared up, him and his sister comforted eachother.

His body language with MC is completely different. Can't decide, though, if it's because he thinks she had a hand in this or if he's scared she'll talk.
    100 years from now, it won't matter what kind of car you drove or how big your house was. What will matter is that you were important in the eyes of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowSubmarine View Post
    There are several videos I could link, so I didn't, but still wanted to throw my in . . .

I've always noticed RC's cold, stiff nature when he's interviewing alongside MC. His jaw is clenched and doesn't lean to MC for any comfort. But when he interviews alongside others, he's complete opposite. I especially noticed this when he did an interview with his sister (I'm sorry, can't remember which show). He looked like a grieving father should look. He was slouched as if exhausted, he teared up, him and his sister comforted eachother.

His body language with MC is completely different. Can't decide, though, if it's because he thinks she had a hand in this or if he's scared she'll talk.
    ........and then right before the divorce, they were infamously caught in an intimate kiss in the yard at GGM's house. This plays into more of that discordant interaction, from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotarugrat View Post
    I also see rocking as self comforting.
    We rock babies and children when they're upset. Many adults rock themselves when they cry.
    It can be a sign of drug use IME/IMO

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast