James Bain Freed after 35 yrs in jail- INNOCENT!

no anger?

he's a better person than me ...

Makes me grateful for my own itty bitty problems.
35 Years gone........

So glad to see that James Bain was freed after 35 yrs and has no anger! Amazing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/james-bain-florida-man-ex_n_396521.html

He is a way better person than I am, because if anybody accused me of such a horrific crime and then locked me up for 35 years, I'd be mad as hell.

To quote from the link: Attorneys from the Innocence Project of Florida got involved in Bain's case earlier this year after he had filed several previous petitions asking for DNA testing, all of which were thrown out.

We see petitions for DNA testing thrown out WAY TOO OFTEN. Our justice system ought to URGE AND ORDER all DNA testing to be done when a prisoner asks for it, there is no excuse to deny a person the right to prove his innocence. And before anyone comments about how expensive DNA testing is, and that's why LE doesn't want to do it, please read the case reports on Project Innocence. Too often, LE petitions the courts to DIS-allow DNA testing EVEN WHEN THE PRISONER IS WILLING TO PAY THE COSTS.

So now, God bless this man. May he recoup some of what he has lost, and may the REAL PEDOPHILE be caught. Can you imagine that this monster has been free for the last 35 years to hurt other children? That is the 2nd tragedy of this travesty of justice.

I wish this news had made me smile, but really, it just makes me sad. No offense lululove, it's just that I wish Websleuths had a "justice gone wrong" forum, because although it is wonderful that this gentleman has been released after serving such a long time for a crime he did not do, and although it is beyond my imagination that he would harbor no anger (and I am a Christian), I think these cases are so important. Our justice system has a fatal flaw in not demanding that new technology be accessed and although THIS prisoner was released, so many have not been. And there are so many who have been put to death after declaring their innocence and asking for DNA testing, only to have the DNA evidence destroyed after the execution. We will never know how many of those citizens of USA were in fact, innocent.

This doesn't make me smile at all. It makes me really upset that the guy spend so long in prison for something he didn't do. Even if DNA testing was not available at the time of the crime, it became available long before now.
It's a shame this guy spend so long in prison.

I LOVE this guy! James Bain is a true inspiration, imo!

I would have liked this better if someone had apologized to him rather than say congratulations.
I feel deeply for this man. I hope he enjoys the rest of his life in good health.

i wisih the innocene project would get involved in kirstin lobato's case.

Thank God he was finally freed. Can you imagine how horrible that would be?!

35 years is almost half the male life expetency.
he lost half of his life for nothing

Mr. Bain is an awesome man, much better than I could ever be. Very Godly and forgiving. I wish him the best life has to offer him after spending most of his life in prison.

Quote:
Snip

No, I'm not angry," he said. "Because I've got God."

The 54-year-old said he looks forward to eating fried turkey and drinking Dr Pepper. He said he also hopes to go back to school.

Snip

The best of luck to someone who really deserves it. Much happiness to you sir. I bow my head to you.

Goz

Mr. Bain is an awesome man, much better than I could ever be. Very Godly and forgiving. I wish him the best life has to offer him after spending most of his life in prison.

Quote:
Snip

No, I'm not angry," he said. "Because I've got God."

The 54-year-old said he looks forward to eating fried turkey and drinking Dr Pepper. He said he also hopes to go back to school.

Snip

The best of luck to someone who really deserves it. Much happiness to you sir. I bow my head to you.

Goz

Wow. This man is remarkable. I hope he is compensated in the millions of dollars for the injustice. While money won't make it all better, it sure will make James Bain Freed comfortable while he deals with 35 years worth of prison demons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back