Jesus-Shooting-Santa Display Causes Neighborhood Strife

STEADFAST

Reaction score
The controversial Christmas display shows Jesus pointing a double-barrel shotgun at Santa's dead body as Rudolph lays sprawled across the hood of a pickup truck nearby, WNCT reported.
Neighbors in Nipomo, Calif., called for the display to be removed, but its maker Ron Lake called it a work of art — in which Santa represents the commercialization of Christmas, the station reported.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580568,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.201642:b29428836:z10

hahahahahahah...I gotta hand it to the guy. He's turned their own arguments about why it's OK to display disgusting art that offends Christians right around on'em. It's ART man. I love this guy, is he single???

snipped: " 'It's an expression of my repressed creativity,' Lake told WNCT." OMG this guy made my day. I'm not a Christian really I just get so tired of the hypocrisy.

There's a video of it at this link.
http://www.4029tv.com/news/22005291/detail.html

The way I look at it is it's less offensive than a Santa-Shooting-Jesus display, and it does make a point -- not one that I agree with, being a huge Santa fan, but a point nonetheless. I can see how it might upset children being taken out to see Christmas lights, though.

hahahahahahah...I gotta hand it to the guy. He's turned their own arguments about why it's OK to display disgusting art that offends Christians right around on'em. It's ART man. I love this guy, is he single???

snipped: " 'It's an expression of my repressed creativity,' Lake told WNCT." OMG this guy made my day. I'm not a Christian really I just get so tired of the hypocrisy.

roflmao!!! i LOVE IT!

Hah... I am totally on this guy's side...

A local society group always holds a yard decoration contest in our area and they always snub the festive yards on the less-than-influential streets where the houses aren't McMansions. I was so undone by it one time that I wrote a satirical blog entry about how I would decorate my yard to get back at the snobs, with things like a pimp Santa with 3 blowup dolls as his ho,ho,hos... :)

Quoted from the video clip:
"is it art and creative expression, or is it just a way to cause an uproar in the community?"

YEP! It sure is LOL!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back